JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

That's brilliant news. Its definitely a time for celebrating have a magificent time. xxxxxx

Thank you :):):) xx

Thanks Mary - it WAS lovely. I've pasted some photos here. The one of the 4 of them was taken outside the courtroom. We took loads inside but on the condition that they wouldn't be uploaded to the internet so I can't share them unfortunately. The judge let the boys try his wig on - it must be one of their more pleasant tasks I suppose! I can't post those photos coz the judge is in them.

My son Jonathan, on the right, with his 'husband' Nick and Corey, on the left and Alex.
13987-albums2093-picture12731.jpg

Corey & Alex with another grandson, Sam (he's not evil I promise ;))
13987-albums2093-picture12730.jpg

In the restaurant
13987-albums2093-picture12729.jpg

and this is only to prove to Tanya that I DO wear that mascara lol! xx
13987-albums2093-picture12728.jpg

So what did I eat???? :eek:

Thursday 3rd December

Breakie - Usual weetabix etc

Lunch ... ahem! .... Now before I go on - I did tell my son that I only wanted 2 courses but he said that the 3 were paid for so to get them and someone would eat them. I think I knew then that it would turn out to be me!
Starter - Bruschetta (sp?) with cherry toms in olive oil & herbs - only ate half though :)
Main - A salad with artichoke, caramelised onions, peppers and sundried tomatoes (tho you can take the 's' off the end of all of those words - there wasn't much) a square of bruschetta with slices of tomato and a slice of Mozzarela on top with LOADS of balsamic dressing (v sweet!?)
Dessert (this is where it went downhill) - A HUGE portion of hot sticky toffee sponge pudding with ice cream, there is no way in the world I could have left any of this - even if someone had said it'd make me gain a stone - it was GORGEOUS!!!!!

I haven't had anything since though (now 23.40!) I've brought a chicken salad wrap and a plum to work and I will eat that later but I've been full since lunchtime - not surprisingly - and I'm going to wait till I'm hungry later.
I had sparkling water to drink, I didn't have aglass of wine - I could have but I don't like drinking at lunchtime because it makes me really tired - mind you as I came home and went to bed for 3 hours it wouldn't have made any difference really. But I'm glad I didn't. xx

haha looking good in mascara Jan! And what a beautiful family you have there - so glad it was a nice day for all and well done on resisting the wine!!! ;) xxx

Oh you look amazing in your photo ur glowing! It looked like such a lovely celebration and haha about the judge dats really nice to hear! You didnt really go mad with the food even thou it was expected to be bad. Can't stay away from deserts forever. xxxxx

The pics are lovely Jan, everyone looks really happy. You look lovely in your photo. Glad you all had a wonderful day.

Thanks everyone :):)

Friday 4th December

Breakie - usual weetabix etc (nothing in Mum's!:))

Bed all day

Tea - breast of lamb done in slow cooker with tin toms and spices with cabbage and leek.

1/2 toasted bun with clover in Mum's tonight before work.

Have brought to work the left over lamb with salad in a wholemeal wrap with extra light salad cream. And a plum. xx

Well done on not having anything in your Mum's. :greenapple:

You look like your well on track I think its amazing how you do it! :):):)

Thanks - didn't manage it today though - had half a piece of toast with clover.

Breakie - weetabix etc

Bed all day

Tea - lightly dusted river cobbler and tinned carrots.
Had to do something easy to prepare and eat as - since I wrote my christmas cards the other night I'm unable to use my right hand. I seem to have aggravated whatever is wrong with it (whatever that is - still under investigation - latest thought is inflammation of the synovial membrane - it's a bloody pain though - literally AND figuratively!)

Wine night (when is it not? lol!)

Alpen light bar xx

Last edited:
Ah you only had half a piece of toast with clover not to bad you have done much worse. So i dont think you need a kick. So sorry to hear you hand is sore again. The cold weather prob isnt helping as well as the writing christmas cards. Hope it feels better soon. xxxx

Hope your hand gets better soon.

Enjoy the wine Jan, I will be having a couple tomorrow night - ooooh roll on, looking forward to it.

Weeeeeeell I'm wondering whether it's time to trade him in tbh .... I only managed 14 yrs last time (tho it was 15 by the time we got divorced) .... hmmmmmmmmmmm . I might hang on to this one a bit longer tho' ....... Only joking folks - but keeps him on his toes :) xx

Weeeeeeell I'm wondering whether it's time to trade him in tbh .... I only managed 14 yrs last time (tho it was 15 by the time we got divorced) .... hmmmmmmmmmmm . I might hang on to this one a bit longer tho' ....... Only joking folks - but keeps him on his toes :) xx

:giggle:

Sunday 6th December

Breakie - weetabix etc as usual

Lunch - shopping in Liverpool, had a BLT ...... funny thing ..... twice this week I've had a meal at lunchtime and had exactly what I felt like. Both days I haven't been hungry for the rest of the day. Okay I'm getting a bit peckish now but it is nearly 10pm and I had the BLT at 12.30pm.
I've started reading The Gabriel Method - i'm not very far into it but I think it's advocating listening to your body and giving it what it needs/wants and finding that to be satisfying instead of either starving it or stuffing it with all the things you only think you want because you've told yourself you can't have them and those things in turn making you crave more of them (sugar mainly I guess)

As I say I'm not far into it but funny I should be experiencing what I'm reading about at the same time. I guess this is what he means by stopping dieting as well ..... hmmmmmmmm - food for thought . if you'll excuse the pun xx

Supper - 3 finn crispbreads 1 with lf cheese spread, 1 with egg & bacon sandwich filler & 1 with houmous.

Ooops - forgot to mention the v&cs :eek:

..... we'll see what the scales say in the morning!! :eek: xx

Last edited:
I'm quite pleased with 0.2lbs off this morning. Only about another 1.5lbs to get to the lightest I've been since starting LT. I'm going to carry on eating what I want to - what's interesting is that I am wanting the 'right' stuff at the moment. And those times when I've had something other than that my body seems to be automatically compensating by stopping me wanting anything at all. I think maybe losing the mindset of something being 'naughty' and therefore possibly the start of something and instead thinking of it as a choice in that moment and that's the end of it, is helping too.

Whatever it is - long may it continue!

I've had my weetabix with a plum, splenda & skimmed milk & I'm going to try to put the Christmas decs up today. I say try because I still don't have much use in my right hand. DH has had to go to work today (doesn't normally go in on a monday) and has made me -promise not to over do it - ah bless!

See ya later!! xx

Ahhhh glad you are finally finding what it is we all would like Jan!! :) and well done on the loss :D:D:D

Bummer about your hand, like your DH says dont over do it missy else you might make it worse :)

Oh and p.s im putting the xmas decs up with me ma today!! :giggle:

Back