JanD's Maintenance Journal. The 1st 6 weeks.

Eeeuuww ... don't think I could .. Never mind I've managed without them for 54 years ... don't think I'll miss 'em ;) x

Now those I COULD manage! :)

I haven't had any toast yet, mmmmmmmm - might have a piece with cream cheese or a laughing cow light on before I go to bed this morning.

Hope you got your 'doze'. See you tonight xx

I told a porkie in that last post - I HAVE had toast - had it with low fat pate on when I was at my mum's one day last week.

Anyway .... Sunday 28th June (funny old day!)

Breakie - Those fine wholegrain oats -30g, with blueberries & skimmed milk

Bed only for 3 hrs, had to get up & go to kid's party. Had a piece of Burgen soya & linseed toasted with some low fat cream cheese on to (hopefully) stop me picking the party food.

At the party I had 1 bite of a cheese sandwich, 1 hula hoop and a small glass of rose.

Tea - Left over turkey 'bolognese' with salad (no pasta coz of having the bread earlier)
0% greek yog with sugar free jelly crystals.

Work - Wholemeal wrap with avacado salad and 2 apricots.

Drinks - That 1 glass of wine, GALLONS of water & black coffee.

Last edited:
Sounds alright, omg that wrap sounds so unusual! lol

btw are we allowed low fat creme fraiche on refeed?

No Yas - sorry.

I love wraps. Unfortunately it's only Sainsbury's who do the wholemeal ones but they do freeze so I can get a few packs when I go. I much prefer them to pitas.
The apricots are lovely at the moment too!!

I couldn't find any - there are some that they do in Tesco & Asda that say 'whole wheat' - all that means is they're made with wheat flour .... the white ones and everything are made with wheat flour. You could almost think they're TRYING to fool us! I couldn't find any wholemeal ones though ... I'll keep looking, I hope you're right - it's easier! xx

:eek:

I succumbed to temptation in work and had 4 squares from a large cadbury's caramel slab. (NOW you can shout at me Michillinwoman ;))I was afraid they'd set me off wanting more & more but in actual fact they've made me feel a bit sick so in an odd way I'm glad I had them. I don't need to be scared of being out of control - not around chocolate anyway!! :) xx

Just hope it doesn't affect my wi when I get up tomorrow too much :eek: xx

Last edited:
Jan. I would never give out to you !!!!!!!
Seriously though, well done on not going overboard with it and knowing when to stop . I would have woofed the whole bar and then gone to the shop for more on the sly .... . You are doing great on maintenance, you have great control (That being the important word here ..control) . Well done .

Just to tell you as well , when I eat chocolate or even lots of carbs of any kind . I usually feel spaced and tired and am usually gone for a nap soon after. its wierd. Have my glucose tolerance test on Friday morning so have to have some carbs this week .. know I will feel like crap all week now ....

Jan. I would never give out to you !!!!!!!
Seriously though, well done on not going overboard with it and knowing when to stop . I would have woofed the whole bar and then gone to the shop for more on the sly .... . You are doing great on maintenance, you have great control (That being the important word here ..control) . Well done .

Just to tell you as well , when I eat chocolate or even lots of carbs of any kind . I usually feel spaced and tired and am usually gone for a nap soon after. its wierd. Have my glucose tolerance test on Friday morning so have to have some carbs this week .. know I will feel like crap all week now ....

I'm embarrassed to say that I too may have been tempted to 'woof the whole bar' only I work in someones house and I was actually 'stealing' the chocolate strictly speaking :eek: so I had to make it as inconspicuous as possible - I think they may have noticed if the whole thing had disappeared :(

(Although IMHO if people don't want their chocolate stealing they should sleep with it under their pillow and not leave it out to tempt others .... and ANYWAY what right do they have to be able to open it and just eat a bit????? It's not right!! ;))

Interestingly, about 3 hrs after I'd had it I got the shakes - you know like when your blood sugar's really low and you need to eat something?? I don't know whether it was anything to do with that.

I hope you don't feel too bad on your carbs this week ... although saying that - at least it'll reconfirm what you need to do to stay on top of things and probably make you glad when you can feel healthy again!! xx

Happy to say I lost 1lb this week. Although I'm in the maintenance phase I'm happy to shift another few lbs, just for a bit of leeway.

Monday 29th June

Breakie - sort of had 2. One slice off a small danish white loaf (all my mum had) with a bit of low fat pate on it. I had this because I was all shakey and hungry - like when blood sugar is too low? Then when I got home I had half a slice of rye bread with low fat pate on it.

Bed all day.

Tea - Tin of tuna (in brine) with a large salad dressed with balsamic vinegar.

Planning on a couple of wee drinkies tonight, either wine or vodka & soda with lime (ended up being 3 large dry wine & sodas)

Other drinks - water (not enough) & black coffee.

Supper - 3 oatcakes - 2 with low fat cream cheese & 1 with low fat pate

Last edited:
yay well done on yer loss Jan :) xx

Thanks Tan xx

OOOOooooo!! Thanks to whoever rated this thread so high!! xx

Tuesday 30th June

Breakie - 35g granola, blueberries & 0% greek yoghurt

Lunch - 2 sm slcs wholemeal with chicken & tomatoes

Tea - Baked salmon salad dressed with balsamic.

0% greek yoghurt with no sugar jelly crystals.

Drinks - Water, bottle of pear Magners, black coffee & probably a couple of vodkas with soda & lime before I go to bed :eek:

Last edited:
Wed 1st July

Breakie - mixture of granola & the fine wholegrain oats, blueberries & fromage frais

Lunch - maintenance bar & 2 tiny apricots

Pinched a twisty fry off g'son's plate when we took them out for tea.

Tea - Turkey stirfry with a little oyster sauce.
0% greek yoghurt with fresh pear

Work - Ham salad wholemeal wrap, pear.

Last edited:
Well done on your loss Jan, superb.

Strangely enough, I sometimes get that shaky feeling too, and I know I have to eat something, its a horrible feeling when it happens, but soon passes as soon as I have a couple of bites of something.

:eek:

I succumbed to temptation in work and had 4 squares from a large cadbury's caramel slab. (NOW you can shout at me Michillinwoman ;))I was afraid they'd set me off wanting more & more but in actual fact they've made me feel a bit sick so in an odd way I'm glad I had them. I don't need to be scared of being out of control - not around chocolate anyway!! :) xx

Just hope it doesn't affect my wi when I get up tomorrow too much :eek: xx

Hi Jan, I'm just sticking to a few squares the 85% very, very dark stuff if I get a choccy craving. I really don't want any more than that....a real change from the days when I could eat my way through a family pack of Cadbury's Twirls and NOT feel the slightest bit sick!...Oh the shame!!!!!

Ha Ha - I know what you mean Sharon .... I didn't have a craving it was just THERE under my nose. I can't stand dark choc so would never be tempted by the 'good' stuff anyway. xx

Back