JanD's New Year, New Start, Maintenance Diary

Am so jealous australia is one of the places I most want to go. Stevie has family over there but there's no way he'll go :( I hope you do get to go Jan :D

Any excuse for a drinkie is a good un ;) x

TBH Tan I have mixed feeling about it. I know I'll be sorry if I never go. And I won't go if Pam (my cousin) isn't there (iykwim). And John can do some good diving and I've always wanted to go to the New Age community in Byron Bay and my son (travel agent) says you can't go to Oz and NOT go to Syndey - plus his MIL lives there so we could see them too .... BUT It's not the 2 weeks doing sod-all except sun-bathing, snorkelling & painting in the Maldives, which was the original plan. And I very much doubt there will be 2 such expensive hols in this lifetime ... lottery wins excepting of course - so ...? I dunno so what really - just saying I've mixed feelings :eek: xx (ungrateful b1tch aren't I :() xx

Not at all jan. When you've planned something like the Maldives then it goes & changes you're bound to have mixed feelings - either way, either holiday is just guna be a blast ain't it!! :D

Actually they come over every few years (they're millionaires - literally!) but always go on at people to visit them and everyone has been now except John & I. It's like they make all the effort and spend all the money (though they HAVE got it to be fair) and love it when people go there. Mind you we'd only be with them for a few days as the other places we want to go aren't near them (they're in Melbourne). Mind you we will (would?) be using their apartment in Surfer's Paradise to see the Gold Coast and go to Byron bay xx

:D:D xx

Well they've got the money for it - you shouldn't feel like you have to change the holiday you've planned because everyone else has been over. Do what you & John want to do - it's your money & like ya say, most probably the only 'big' holiday you'll have. Xx

You should go Jan, the Gold Coast is fabulous (though not at the moment, isn't that where the floods are?) and Sydney is amazing. From Australia you could always go diving off the Great Barrier Reef (amazing again!) and stay somewhere like Fitzroy Island......

Promise you won't hate me it I tell you all something?........a few years back I won two British Airways tickets in a raffle....the ticket cost me £1!.......we took six weeks off as that was all my then employer would let me have. We spent about £10,000 on the accommodation and spending money but it was the trip of a lifetime!

Oh Sandra!!!! Thats amazing :) Lucky you! x

Tell me about it! Never won anything before or since though! I guess that was my lot!

Jan it really does sound like a holiday of a lifetime. I bet it will be fabulous. Australia or the Maldives, decisions decisions!! Tough but what a choice!

Sandra I don't hate you for winning tickets but I could be persuaded to be green with envy that you had £10,000 to spend ;) :D AND/OR that you could have 6 weeks off work!! ... Only pulling your leg - good on ya!! I'm sure you worked hard for it and deserve/d everything you have/had :):) xx

I don't dive myself but John is planning where to go & what dives to do!! Yes the floods are in Queensland - not sure of the proximity to the Gold Coast but trusting the Universe to sort that one out for us ;) xx

Last edited:
Sorry Jan, on reflection I can see how blasé that looks.......

Honest truth is I grew up in abject poverty with an alcoholic mother, left school at 16 with no qualifications but a whole ton of ambition. Been in the right place at the right time and worked my butt off.....rest is history....money hasn't made me happier, it's the wonderful people that I've been fortunate enough to share my life with that have done that.

I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful time whatever you decide to do, I might have some photos of Queensland on my Facebook page if not I'll try and upload some for you x

Like I said - I'm sure you work hard and deserve it :) .. I don't begrudge anybody anything they've got ... everything is exactly the way it's supposed to be. I believe the Universe is perfect - however IMperfect it may seem from time to time!! As I said I COULD be mildly envious - but never jealous :)

Photos would be good! The floods are apparently hundreds of miles from Surfer's Paradise (though DH has been known to exaggerate now and again ... I've told him off about it at least 10 million times ;)) xx

Sandra not blasé at all!!!! You have what you have because that's the hand you were dealt :)

Like jan said, I am of course very envious of it but my life is my hand & what will be will be :D xxx

Sorry Jan, on reflection I can see how blasé that looks.......

Honest truth is I grew up in abject poverty with an alcoholic mother, left school at 16 with no qualifications but a whole ton of ambition. Been in the right place at the right time and worked my butt off.....rest is history....money hasn't made me happier, it's the wonderful people that I've been fortunate enough to share my life with that have done that.

I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful time whatever you decide to do, I might have some photos of Queensland on my Facebook page if not I'll try and upload some for you x

Sandra? I'm confused ... Did you mean to post that again?? :eek: xx

No! Put my iPad down and didn't look at it.....had pressed the back button and pressed submit again....bloody thing has a mind of it's own:eek:

Back