Jane's Diary

Hi Jane :)

I was in Marks today too, spent my vouchers I get through every few months so I'm counting that as spending no money :D

Good luck for wi tomorrow, I'm sure you'll have done well :)

Hi Jane, Thought I would pop in again to see how you are doing...looks like you are plodding along nicely, well done.

Thankfully I haven't had any dire happenings like yourself healthwise but I do know only too well what it is like to be constantly thinking of health matters having been born Spina Bifida and now having Polymyalgia and Spondylosis which means I am in almost constant pain...:sigh:
Still, as you so rightly say, there's always someone worse off than myself.
I must say I am very grateful for the online shopping service that is available these days.
Love these dramas like Downton Abbey etc. and don't know what I would do without the TV.

All the best to you and hope you had a good day...:)

Oh expletive!! I only lost 1/2 lb :eek: when I got on the scales yesterday I was two pound down! I can only think that I ate a fair amount yesterday. All free food but more than normal.

Mutter, mutter, mutter grrrrrrrr

At least I know I've not cheated!

Mutter, mutter.........

1/2 a pound is a great achievment!! i know it's not as much as you hoped, but we all have weeks where the scales are not our friends ans some weeks when they are! :scale:

your doing fantastically! fingers crossed for a stonker of a loss next week!

been reading through your diary and your food sounds yummy!

deffo subscribing!

Much love

xx

Thanks kissme, you've made me feel better :).

Just nipped to marks to return something with my sister-in-law and resisted buying anything naughty. Normally, when I was at weight watchers, I'd have run out and bought a load of crap in despair. It's a vicious circle! Did, however, buy some chickpeas to make falafels ( sp). Someone had brought some into the meeting and they really tasted sinful. I think they'd be nice with a spicy soup like curried butternut squash and apple. X

falafel are lush! like a thick hummus burger! om nom!! only problem is once I've made them I have to cool them quickly and freeze them or they end up dissapearing!

Mine won't get to the freezer :D

Aw try not to be too disappointed - 1/2lb off is still going in the right direction and you may have a big loss next week :)

I know blondegem, but when you've not cheated it's disheartening :cry:

On a positive note, half a pound a week is 26 pounds in a year which is almost two stone:)

I'd be thrilled with that x

I know blondegem, but when you've not cheated it's disheartening :cry:

On a positive note, half a pound a week is 26 pounds in a year which is almost two stone:)

I'd be thrilled with that x

Exactly, and you'll lose more than 1/2lb per week througout the year so it's all good :)

Big Body Squad is on at 8 tonight on 5. I shall be watching that.

My tea consisted of uncle bens golden veg rice with some cooked chicken. I enjoyed it and it was so easy. The rice was 3 syns for the whole pack.

Husband away tonight so didn't have to cook a major meal :)

:wave_cry: Oh pants to the weight loss, but 'we're in it to win it' and it really is a case of taking a deep breath and staying positive.
I'm sure next week will be better and like everyone says the bigger picture = 2st in a year :)
I know it's disappointing when you've really really tried but just got to dust ourselves down and remember our initial determination.
I've seen a very unflattering photo today :eek: taken looking down on a crowd I was in and talk about does my bum look big in this? Errrrr YES it did so if resolve was faltering I remembered why I need to do this. Falfael sound lovely SW chilli here which was nice - keep doing what you're doing it will pay off.

Sue x

I was out tonight so didn't see Big Body Squad but got it on Sky plus so will catch up with it tomorrow!

Another busy day. Husband still away so it's baked potato and beans for tea. Hopefully, I should go down next week!

Granddaughters are stopping here tonight, not here yet though. Our daughter is having a prolapsed disk in her neck replaced tomorrow. She's also got another disk in her neck which has also prolapsed but has started to heal. She must have had so much pain in the last year! The hospital just thought it was stress originally and sent her For physio ( sp), she had no scan nothing for one year. Poor thing. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Cooking my falafel things as I type. They smell lovely. I'll snack on them tonight :)

Hi Jane

Let us know how the falafels turn out, bet they are yummy!

Your poor daughter struggling with all that pain for so long, fingers crossed things will be on the up now :)

Daughter ok, thank goodness. She looks awful but all seems ok. The pins and needles and numbness in her hand and arm is not as bad and more to the point, she can feel her feet so no spinal cord damage. She's on mega painkillers so hopefully, she will sleep ok. Poor thing.

Now then food :)

This afternoon a cooked a keema type curry but with slightly different ingredients than before.

I used: 2 onions chopped
3 tsp very lazy garlic
2 tsp very lazy ginger
3 tsp coriander
2 tsp cumin ground
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp hot chilli pad, put in less if you don't like it too spicy, this tasted fine to me though
3 red chillis deseeded and finely chopped
500g mince beef extra lean
500g potatoes diced
4 med carrots chopped
1 tin tomatoes
1 mug frozen peas

Cook the onions for a few minutes in fry light, add garlic, ginger and chopped chillis. Fry for a few minutes then add all spices, stir, add mince and brown, add carrots, potatoes, tinned toms and extra liquid if needed. Put on a lid and simmer until carrots and potatoes cooked, add peas and cook for another few minutes. Serve and no rice needed.

I simmered it without the lid for a while near the end to get rid of excess liquid.

I think that's everything. It was absolutely delicious and I will be doing it again.

Breakfast today was porridge and fruit. Lunch was fruit (I really must try to have a little more at lunch)

Just about to have strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and some zero fat Greek yogurt :D xx

For chilli pad read pwd (powder) ... Predictive text x

jane123 said:
Daughter ok, thank goodness. She looks awful but all seems ok. The pins and needles and numbness in her hand and arm is not as bad and more to the point, she can feel her feet so no spinal cord damage. She's on mega painkillers so hopefully, she will sleep ok. Poor thing.

Now then food :)

This afternoon a cooked a keema type curry but with slightly different ingredients than before.

I used: 2 onions chopped
3 tsp very lazy garlic
2 tsp very lazy ginger
3 tsp coriander
2 tsp cumin ground
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp hot chilli pad, put in less if you don't like it too spicy, this tasted fine to me though
3 red chillis deseeded and finely chopped
500g mince beef extra lean
500g potatoes diced
4 med carrots chopped
1 tin tomatoes
1 mug frozen peas

Cook the onions for a few minutes in fry light, add garlic, ginger and chopped chillis. Fry for a few minutes then add all spices, stir, add mince and brown, add carrots, potatoes, tinned toms and extra liquid if needed. Put on a lid and simmer until carrots and potatoes cooked, add peas and cook for another few minutes. Serve and no rice needed.

I simmered it without the lid for a while near the end to get rid of excess liquid.

I think that's everything. It was absolutely delicious and I will be doing it again.

Breakfast today was porridge and fruit. Lunch was fruit (I really must try to have a little more at lunch)

Just about to have strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and some zero fat Greek yogurt :D xx

Mmmmm like the sound of your keema curry. I did try to make this once but it wasn't nice, will try your version. Thank you :) xx

Have been to visit daughter and all is well. Apparently she had bits of shattered disk in her spinal cavity and the surgeon had to fish them out before replacing the disk. She is so lucky that she had private cover and has been operated on very quickly.

Today I've had
Breakfast: milk from allowance, 35g porridge and two bananas.
Lunch: Uncle Bens Chicken Flavour Rice with some cooked chicken stirred in. I had half the pack. Do they seriously think one pack is enough for two!
Dinner: McCain Baked Potato (decided not to bother with these again. It's cheaper to do your own and takes the same time in the microwave so they are a bit pointless.) Baked beans, mushrooms and two Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself extra lean Cumberland Sausages at 1/2 syn each.

I've also had coffee with milk from allowance plus a couple of back coffees. I have also had two Highlights chocolate drinks at 2 syns each. I love these and it gives me a chocolate fix.

Later we will have some zero fat Total Greek Yogurt and strawberries. Yum

Back