Jess' Journey

Hi alottolose! Just doing 3 day Attack this time. I'm limiting workouts this week though (I usually go about 4/5 times a week and tough ones like Combat and Attack). Only doing Combat x 2 and one Step class and just going back to my yoga each morning. Hopefully next week I'll be back on track.

No change in scale this a.m. (strangely to the ounce it was exactly the same). Not disheartened - I did well yesterday so won't start worrying until Friday :)!!

Afternoon Jess :)

Once I'm off attack I'm going to shock my body further by introducing it to the benefits (pain) of exercise :D....

Got approx 2lbs per week to lose after attack phase, so should help things along fingers crossed :)

Hope you had a good day hun x

Day two of Attack down! Not going to post menus as I'm pretty confident about what I'm supposed to eat or not (been there, done that!! :)) Food was about the same and managed to have success with a diced lean meat slow-cooker meal for dinner.

Day two was harder than I remember. Didn't have the "umph" that I thought I had last time, but that could just be selective memory!!!

Today, I was rewarded with a 2.3lb drop on the scale so I'm thrilled with that!!! On to an early Body Combat class (only 45 mins) while I still have some energy/momentum.

I'm so frustrated, 3rd day of attack and I havnt lost anything!!! Only thing I can think that's stopping the loss is I've been nibbling on wafer thin chicken, turkey and ham slices between meals. Do u have any advice for me Jess?

I'm so frustrated, 3rd day of attack and I havnt lost anything!!! Only thing I can think that's stopping the loss is I've been nibbling on wafer thin chicken, turkey and ham slices between meals. Do u have any advice for me Jess?

Hi Michelle, I saw this the first time I was on here - people losing at different rates/speeds... its VERY normal. It would help if you updated your stats so we can see how much you're trying to lose, etc.

I would say straight off - don't give up!! There was someone else posting here (maybe a Cheryl??) that was similar - not lost on Attack at first, then lost, then gained when moved to Cruise and STS... but lo-and-behold it all evened itself out and she was down a 1/2 stone in two weeks and she really didn't have that much to lose! If I come across the thread I'll post it here, but in the meantime - I'd recommend updating your stats. Also, make sure you're eating and drinking enough. As long as you are eating what you're supposed to eat (and I focus on the lean meats during Attack and limit the dairy), then eat as much as you want. Don't let yourself get hungry as it screws with your metabolism. And are you exercising? Even the just the 20 mins of walking each day is very important (just reread my Dukan book last nite :)).

Keep with it!!!

Doing a Jig This Morning!

Hi Folks!

Very, very happy and surprised this morning. I was greeted by a number I've NEVER seen on a scale I was standing on (I'm sure I weighed this at some point - had to pass through it - but since I remember weighing from around the age of 13, I haven't seen it!) Cannot believe, but I've lost 5.2 lbs on 3 days of Attack and so I'm now sitting at 173.4 lbs... can I get a whoop, whoop??!!??

I'm very pleased as I really didn't expect it. Its not like I was on the high end of my fluctuations when I started (I've seen the scale creep up to 183 which would prompt me to majorly watch it). I'm very happy and it came just in the nick of time - last night I told hubby that I don't think I had it in me to do this again. I made a large Dukan Tesco order so that the "frugal" in me would win as I wouldn't waste all the food so will do as long as that food is in my fridge.

Not sure what else to say other than YAY!! Wish I had a gym class so I could burn off some of this excitement (walked the dogs so briskly this morning that I was sweating and its freezing here :) ).

whoop whoop :D

HI Jess,

welcome back and sorry I come to this a bit late! But wow WELL DONE!! I too am on a short post-christmas recovery cruise :) I just need to get back to my 10st. Haven't weighed yet (Friday), was 4 lb up mid-Dec pre-christmas so I expect another few pounds crept in. Just did two days PP (wouldn't call it attack) without tolerateds. But needed the veg yesterday. My digestive system already reminded me (cramps!) how I suffered with my first attack two years ago (and I only did 4 days). Today went back to having the wheatbran too.

Anyway nice to see you're doing so well!

Hi Anju - nice to see back on as well... saw your great update in your diary so all up-to-speed :). Was feeling really crampy as well Monday/Tuesday, but a bit better now. Doing PP today so I can go into weekend with 3 PVs... was desparate for my tolerateds (as was 6-year-old daughter who kept asking when I was making my Dukan cupcakes!!).

End of my "official" 1st week as I do weigh-ins on Friday (only started Monday). VERY pleased with results so committing to the next week for sure (taking it day by day :)). Did a great PP day with an exception of a few tastes of the bolognese I made for a Dukan Lasagna (from recipes thread) to be sure I seasoned it properly. Other than that, all good. Doing a weekend of PVs so not expecting much but off to Step in a few minutes, so hopefully that will boost things a bit and next week I'm back on 5x classes at the gym. Wish me luck!!

PS - glad I had a loss as I've been invited to sister-in-law's for a Chinese take-away and wine which I accepted but advised I'm bringing my own food and off the wine :) Had it not bumped, I admit I would have been tempted to partake!!! Phew!

Last edited:
Morning all.

Made it through another day. 1st PV yesterday and I did enjoy it! Was the STS this a.m. which was good as I was lower than I expected to be at this point!

Have made a decision which I won't post on the main board as I don't to be discouraging. I have decided that I just don't have the same determination as I did last time to do this thing whole hog. I'm not one for doing things in half-measures, so if I say I'm doing it... I'm doing it and won't cheat and come back.

I realised that while I'd LOVE to lose another 8.2lbs, its not driving me so to speak. Hubby comes home next Friday and I know I'll absolutely lose the will then as its already been a challenge. So, with that, we'll see where I land on next Friday's weigh-in and then believe it or not... after just two weeks I'm moving to Conso (hey, I believe in this programme and so for even my 5lb loss, I'm going to commit to keep it off!!)

I know that doesn't sound overly-encouraging to newbies but we're all different and I've done this before. PERFECTLY. That's the key to success I think... planning, preparing, adhering, and following through to the final two stages. I just can't do it half-heartedly and I feel slips in my future if I don't stop now.

Oh well -I did try. I'm not despondent... actually just pretty happy which makes it hard to restrict things when there's not much I'd change just now!!! :D

Hope that makes sense and it was nice catching with a few of you again.

PS - was reading book again this week and there's a 2/5 rotation where 2 days are PP and the rest are nothing in particular. I am toying with that idea as it really just means adding one extra PP day to Conso. Will let you know how I get on!

Sounds like a good plan Jess - better to do that, than to fall by the wayside massively and gain more than you lost...(I'd be liable to do the latter :))...

good luck with whatever you choose to do - keep posting though xx

I totally agree with you Joss... and, feeling as you do, it's far better to consolidate your new loss and then look forward to your husband's return.

oh and just cos you move onto Conso / off Dukan doesn't mean your advice etc on the other board is any less valid to newbies :) and you always say things soooo nicely...:) So please don't disappear again! :D

Maintainer said:
I totally agree with you Joss... and, feeling as you do, it's far better to consolidate your new loss and then look forward to your husband's return.

oh and just cos you move onto Conso / off Dukan doesn't mean your advice etc on the other board is any less valid to newbies :) and you always say things soooo nicely...:) So please don't disappear again! :D

Aww!! Thanks so much! Love this board & lurked more than you know. Will be sure to add two cents instead of just lurk!!

Back