JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Awww SO happy all is well!!! Congratulations hun!!! How gorgeous is that pic?! :D xxxxxx

So happy for you xxx

Aww so pleased everything was ok at the scan, your scan picture is wonderful what a wonderful little bean you're growing! :) Here's to the next 2 trimesters being happy and healthy for you :) x

What a lovely scan picture :) here's to a happy healthy pregnancy :) xx

So my wonderful HR department at work sent me an email this afternoon saying that there will be redundancies in my department at work.

Lovely

So my wonderful HR department at work sent me an email this afternoon saying that there will be redundancies in my department at work.

Lovely

Oh no. Did they say when? Or anything about payments etc? Could this work in your favour if you got a decent redundancy package if you're not planning on going back after baby is born?
X

Oh no. Did they say when? Or anything about payments etc? Could this work in your favour if you got a decent redundancy package if you're not planning on going back after baby is born?
X

They havnt said when but it sounds like soon...they're doing meetings and starting to sort it out now. They have said nothing about payments....it wouldnt be very much (been doing some research)

Just another stress on the mind eh? Wonderful!

X

They havnt said when but it sounds like soon...they're doing meetings and starting to sort it out now. They have said nothing about payments....it wouldnt be very much (been doing some research)

X

Seen as u hasn't planned going back anyway... Mayb it's a blessing in disguise.. N ya'd get a lump sum payment which wud help allot am sure.
Hav u worked there long?

My bf has been made redundant. Finishes tomoro :/

X

Yeah definitely something you don't need. The police force I work for made people redundant a couple of years ago and my job was at risk. I've been there 9 years and I was only entitled to about £2800 but they had to give us 6 months notice. Hopefully you'll be ok, fingers crossed xx

Yeah definitely something you don't need. The police force I work for made people redundant a couple of years ago and my job was at risk. I've been there 9 years and I was only entitled to about £2800 but they had to give us 6 months notice. Hopefully you'll be ok, fingers crossed xx

OMG that's awful!!! Our basic redundancy is 2 weeks for every years service... Which isn't great but sounds better at least...

Hi hun x i would check with citizens advice because im pretty sure they cannot make you redundant If your pregnant!!! Employers have to tread very very carefully when it comes to pregnant women xxx

I agree seek advice and tell work as soon as possible you're pregnant as you are protected from an awful lot when pregnant by law.

Wouldn't count on that too much, my contract wasn't renewed while pregnant and apparently its completely legal :(

Really Laura? Were I a permanent employee?? Am not sure that was legal at all...

As far as I'm aware, due to pregnant people who were nearly made redundant when I was, they can make a pregnant woman redundant as long as its not due to pregnancy. So they would have to have a good reason. If you've been there longer than two years they've also got to give you a weeks notice for every year of employment, up to about 10 or 12 years (I think). If remember rightly (you might want to google) if they do it more than 15 weeks before your due date you aren't entitled to stat maternity pay but can claim from government. I only know this last part because it happened to my friend who was pregnant with twins when Clinton cards shut down. She was 20 weeks so wasn't entitled to stat maternity but said she was allowed to claim some kind of benefit from the government.
Xx

Thanks girls. Its like you say - they can make pregnant women redundant so long as the actual reason for redundancy is not the fact that I am pregnant (otherwise that is discrimination).

Also - as you say, I wouldnt get much of a redundancy package. It would be about one months wages.

I mean...I dont know for sure yet that I am one of the ones that would be made redundant BUT...its kinda obvious having been off sick with my miscarriages, off again because Ive been really sick with this pregnancy and just the pure fact that Im pregnant.

This really sucks :(

Thanks girls. Its like you say - they can make pregnant women redundant so long as the actual reason for redundancy is not the fact that I am pregnant (otherwise that is discrimination).

Also - as you say, I wouldnt get much of a redundancy package. It would be about one months wages.

I mean...I dont know for sure yet that I am one of the ones that would be made redundant BUT...its kinda obvious having been off sick with my miscarriages, off again because Ive been really sick with this pregnancy and just the pure fact that Im pregnant.

This really sucks :(

They definitely can't use pregnancy related sick as a reason. And sickness following a miscarriage is also classed as pregnancy related. We had a kind of scoring system when ours was happening. So you got so many points for every years service, lost points for sick (but not pregnancy related) or disciplinaries. You also got points based on how good your annual review was. It was a fair way of doing things.
Hope you're ok. I know it's hard but try not to let this stress you out. That little baby is more important than any of this xxx

Ive woken up this morning and trying not to be too bothered about it. Whatever happens happens I suppose. It does suck majorly though..couldnt have come at a worse time really

Today pregnancy-wise Im feeling ok. For the last week the sickness has been easing off to a copeable level. I now just have to make sure that I eat every couple of hours otherwise I feel sick. I get moments where I still feel sick but nowhere near as bad as it was. Im so happy that its going to be honest...was getting hugely frustrating.

The sickness hasnt 'suddenly' disappeared one morning like some women describe but seems to be gradually fading (Im presuming because the placenta is taking over)

Anyways - when this sick note ends i'll go back to work as I will now be able to cope but i'll go on reduced hours to ease me back into things after having all this time off. Going straight back full time may be a shock to the system lol

Ive woken up this morning and trying not to be too bothered about it. Whatever happens happens I suppose. It does suck majorly though..couldnt have come at a worse time really

Today pregnancy-wise Im feeling ok. For the last week the sickness has been easing off to a copeable level. I now just have to make sure that I eat every couple of hours otherwise I feel sick. I get moments where I still feel sick but nowhere near as bad as it was. Im so happy that its going to be honest...was getting hugely frustrating.

The sickness hasnt 'suddenly' disappeared one morning like some women describe but seems to be gradually fading (Im presuming because the placenta is taking over)

Anyways - when this sick note ends i'll go back to work as I will now be able to cope but i'll go on reduced hours to ease me back into things after having all this time off. Going straight back full time may be a shock to the system lol

That sounds like a good idea. I think I'm going to do the same. How many hours do you usually do and what will you be reducing them to? I do ten hour shifts and I do 7 in a row. Doc says she will write me a note for reduced hours (so they can't reduce my pay!!) but I need to have a think about how many hours a day I'd like to do x

Back