Jo's Diary - 12 stone to lose!

Soup rocks doesn't it! Will have to try adding sage next time, that sounds yum!

Had a good UD, spent some time at my sister's but couldn't stay as l9ng as I was planning to as the mum that was having DD after school wasn't very well so had to postpone. Still had a lovely day though :)

Calories came in at around 2300 which is great! I made a really yummy curry for dinner using leftover roast chicken and steamed veg from Sunday lunch.

Actually measured out the rice according to the suggested serving size on the packet (75g). Was a lot less than I'd usually cook! However it was plenty, and I'm very keen to re-educate myself on appropriate portion sizes.

I've already cut my average serving size of pasta down by half :eek: can't believe that I used to eat that much. I'd also have an oily or creamy sauce plus half a block of cheddar grated on top. No wonder I'm this big!

No matter...the body that I have now only reflects my past lifestyle. This lifestyle is here to stay and my body will eventually reflect who I really am. It's just got a bit of catching up to do ;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You sound so like me, especially with the block of cheese, love cheese and creamy sauces but not missing them currently. Have a great day.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I love cheese! I really used to go OTT with it, but now I use a very fine grater which makes it go a lot further and I use a fraction of the amount.

Another good UD at under 2300 calories. Although the JUDDD website calculator says I can have over 2600, I have found that I'm naturally eating under 2300, which gives me a daily average of around 1800 which is perfect for someone of my size.

Hectic day today, got loads done and seem to have more energy than I've had in months!

Tomorrow is a DD and I don't really have anything planned yet so going to think about it before bed as don't want to fail through not being organised.

I'll hold off eating until the afternoon, and then I might have some crispbreads with low fat philly to tide me over until dinner.

Not sure about dinner itself yet though! Got some weight watchers tikka massala sauce so might make cauliflower rice and find something to throw in the sauce! Not sure I've got any suitable protein left in the house so maybe courgettes, broccoli and carrots? Random but might work...I'm guessing lentils or other pulses will be too high but if not I've got plenty of that kind of stuff in :)

Am still absolutely loving this way of eating, and so looking forward to my weigh-in on Sunday. Did I just say that I'm looking forward to a weigh-in????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday! Had a good DD though :)

I didn't eat a thing until around 4.30pm, just plenty of water. Had a school function at the local church in the morning that DD was taking part in, so attended that, but DS was a nightmare! He just didn't want to sit still or be quiet, not that you can really expect a 21 month old to!

The upshot was that I spent the best part of 45 minutes struggling to keep hold of him, while standing in the furthest corner that I could find. It really knackered my back, he is a little chunk! It was also very stressful, and I was trying to keep a smile plastered on my face for DD, and take photos of her one-handed with my phone while wrestling with him. Not fun on any day, but especially not fun on a DD!! :grumble:

Anyhow, got over that and kept going strong! Which I am especially proud of as DH brought home a gift the other night that a client gave him, a very large box filled with Cadbury goodies and beer! But go near it I did not. :innocent0002:

This is what I ate yesterday:

4 x Ryvita Crackerbread with 50g low fat garlic and herb soft cheese = 153 cals
Chicken and lentil curry with cauliflower 'rice' = 420 cals
Totel cals = 573

Here is a pic of the curry and 'rice', it was delicious!

1654378_10152035400381464_872152237_n.jpg

However it was quite salty, I put too much soy sauce in the cauliflower rice :( this meant that when I woke up this morning I was retaining a massive amount of water. I can always tell by my hands, if they feel tight then I'm retaining water, if they feel 'bony' then I'm not.

I had a cheeky weigh-in this morning and I'm 1 1/4lbs down, which I'm happy with, especially with the water retention.

I expect it will go up a bit by the official weigh day (Sunday), but I've said all along, that as long as I'm losing between 1lb and 1.5lbs per week, then I'm happy. Any more than that is just a bonus. I know that (especially with this diet) there will be weeks where I don't lose, and weeks where I only lose a little bit. There may even be weeks where I put on, but I will keep going regardless. This is it now...no failure, just keep pressing on. If I find that I am staying the same for weeks and weeks then obviously I will cut back on calories a bit, but I have plenty of leeway to do that.

Looking forward to dinner tonight, fish with a baked sweet potato with cream cheese, and lots of fresh broccoli. It's treat night tonight too, so will have a think about what I really want!

Hope everyone else is still on track and enjoying it?

good luck Jo, just stay focused and you'll get there. Im finding meal planning and adding a good variety of meals/ trying new stuff is heling this time i usually give up after 3 weeks lol

good luck Jo, just stay focused and you'll get there. Im finding meal planning and adding a good variety of meals/ trying new stuff is heling this time i usually give up after 3 weeks lol

Thanks :) I'm the same, 3 weeks is usually good going for me! However, I'm almost at the end of week 2 on this plan, and am still absolutely loving it! :)

Had an ok UD yesterday, although I did eat more than I'd have liked. Didn't go too crazy, but I ate some chocolate earlier in the evening because I'd planned quite a healthy dinner. However we ended up not even being ready to prepare dinner until really late, at which point we had to do something quick. We ended up having pizza, which if I'd known I wouldn't have had the choc earlier!

Oh well, it wasn't too bad, will try and be a it more frugal with my calories today to make up for it.

I have been so hungry all weekend and although I think it's all within permittable limits...I just couldn't stop eating!

My little girl has been boundary pushing lately and had a big meltdown on Sunday morning, which meant that I completely forgot to weigh in. However I'm taking it as an opportunity to move my weigh day to after a DD which I've been meaning to do. Therefore I'm weighing in tomorrow morning!

Had a great DD today, which I'm especially pleased about as I was still in hungry eating mode. I had an apple, half a pb sandwich and the pork and cabbage dish that I tend to have on DDs.

Really looking forward to being able to eat what I fancy tomorrow! :p

Well done on resisting the food! I am really hungry at the moment too, I'm thinking it's cos it's so cold, well it is here anyway. Good luck with weigh in!

Still having hungry days! Hope they pass soon!

I'm having my second DD today instead of my usual Thursday as I have a job interview tomorrow! I don't want to be worrying about fasting, I want to make sure that I'm fully alert.

So far I've not eaten anything (it's 2.40pm) but have drunk lots of water. After the school run I'll make my butternut soup. Tonight I'm having Zero Noodles with spicy tomato sauce, cauliflower and chicken, and a little cheese on top.

How's it going, Jo?

Thanks for thinking of me, I'm still going strong! Will update properly in a mo...hope you're doing well too?

I feel like it's been weeks since I updated this diary, so much has happened.

It has felt a bit odd having so many UDs in a row this week, it was nice, but not sure whether I prefer spreading out my DDs? Jury is still out.

I feel very drained at the moment because Saturday night was the worst night of my life, and I never, ever want to go through anything like that again.

At around midnight, I heard my son (22 months) coughing, he'd been absolutely fine all day and full of beans. I listened outside his door as it was a strange sounding cough, then he did it again and I knew something was very wrong. I rushed to his cot and he was fighting to breathe, blue/purple and very distressed.

I screamed for my husband (how I didn't wake my 6 year old, I don't know), and we quickly made the decision to phone 111, who immediately told us we needed a paramedic.

Paramedic arrived within 10 minutes, and said it's very severe Croup, and his temperature was 40 degrees. He was sobbing very badly and that wasn't helping matters. He then started having convulsions, then went limp. I thought we were losing him, I was in a blind panic. She stripped him off, made us open the front door and gave him Ibuprofen, then put him on a nebuliser. He calmed down a little (breathing became easier) but his oxygen levels were very low, she called an ambulance.

Ambulance arrived with blue lights and whisked us off to the hospital, however the local one was full so we had to go to one quite far away. Hubby stayed home with our daughter.

In the ambulance they strapped me to a bed and I had to hold him, they gave him Calpol and oxygen and his levels started coming up, and he started to breathe a little better.

By the time we reached the hospital (45 mins or so), he was able to come off the oxygen and was breathing well, taking an interest in his surroundings. We were then assessed in A&E and he was given some steroids to help the inflammation of his airways go down. They wanted to keep us in overnight but in the panic I'd not brought my CPAP machine and I can't sleep without it (I have Sleep Apnea). At 4am they let me call hubby to come and get us, he had to wake our daughter and got to us by 5am.

DS somehow stayed wide awake until 5am, playing with toys that they gave him and watching videos on my phone, but the minute he was in the car he zonked out. They said it could happen again last night but thankfully it didn't and he's out of the woods now.

Sorry that was so long but I just needed to get it all out. I now have a sore throat and I think I've caught the same virus, but being an adult I am not at risk of Croup.

With all that going on, I was not going to fast today, I was too tired, I have both kids at home as it's half-term, and I don't feel well...however this morning I decided to go for it, and have had a very good DD.

I ate nothing at all until this evening, when we had stir fry with Quorn chicken pieces and noodles. It came in at around 580 cals.

I hope that everyone had a much better weekend than I did!

Weigh-in is tomorrow, hopefully I will remember.

Jo, how awful for you, what a terrible thing.... Thank God he's on the mend. Children take ill so quickly but thankfully bounce back quickly too, hopefully he'll be good as new in no time. And you too! Well done on managing a DD in the midst of it all. Thinking of you x

Jo, how awful for you, what a terrible thing.... Thank God he's on the mend. Children take ill so quickly but thankfully bounce back quickly too, hopefully he'll be good as new in no time. And you too! Well done on managing a DD in the midst of it all. Thinking of you x

Thanks, thankfully he's now back to his old self, apart from a bit of a sniffle!

I was supposed to weigh-in today but when I got up, I really didn't want to, and as I'm turning everything I used to do diet-wise on it's head, I've decided that I'm only going to weigh myself when I bloomin well want to! ;)

It seems to me, that I always retain a lot of water after a DD, so weighing myself whilst carrying a lot of water weight is only going to send me into a downward spiral. I will weigh-in when I feel less bloated, and then I will know that it's a truer representation of my weight-loss.

Back