Journey to a healthier me!

have missed reading your posts abstruse
well done for gettinng back on track - i look forward to hearing more from you again when you have time to add to your diary.
x

Went out dancing last night. Was very good and sipped my ice water and sucked on a lime :p

The drive home ( we traditionally stop at the store to get gatorade and then ant Mc Donalds to get fries and a burger) was trying, but I managed to fight off the smell of all that warm greasy food floating through the car!
I also got tempted BEFORE I went out dancing...I went to pick up my bestest pal and his roomates KNOW I am on a diet and were offering me halloween candy... " oh go on... it wont hurt" and "you have to treat yourself or else you will fail" etc etc.

I politly declined and wanted to say something rude, but held my tounge. These 2 guys have been "dieting" for over a year and one has actually put on over 50 lbs since starting his diet. Both are near or over th 400lb mark.

LIke I said.. I was good.. I did not go into how I felt ( that they were trying to sabotage my sucess) and I just calmly went over how many calories are in a snickers with them and how it would take me running on a treadmill for over an hour to burn those calories off.

They eventually did back off! :)

I think I just might not go over there again... they cook AMAZINGLY and always tempt!

Slushy....

I love your signature icon. There are Polaties classes here in the USA which I have been wanting to try and it reminded me of those. ( Its a mix of dancing on a stipper pole and pilates)

I have been fairly hungry this morning. Its cold and rainy here. I might make a hot chocolate shake for lunch and just curl up for awhile. Unfortunatly I promised a friend I would help him schlep his wood pile from outside down into his basement. It seemed like a good physical thing to help me tone my little arm flabbys, but the plans were made on a warm breezy day....

Off to dig out the rain gear!

abstruse

please tell me it wasnt candy corn they tried to tempt you with!! if it was i have NO clue HOW you resisted - its banned from our house this year !!
i do hope the trick and treaters wont mind getting cd tomato soup crisps as their treats LOL LOL LOL ( hate the spicy tom soup so much right now i might just try and make fake blood from it - at least it would get used that way! )

NO candy corn, but they were sampling some of that out at the store the other day.... Twas reeces cups they did tempt me with........ droooooool... :)

I moved TONS of wood yesterday and piled it up. It was a fantastic upper body workout. Also went for a nice long walk while chitty chatting with my pal.

We are thinking of joining Bikrams yoga. Now its colder and with the cost of heating it might be nice to sit in 100 degree heat for 1 1/2 hours every other day :)

Food was a real temptation again. Not so much a feeling like "I want to eat the entire kitchen" but but more of a... "geee I did alot today and am feeling like I should eat something" type of thing. I was planning on SS until Thanksgiving, but my ultimate goal (aside from looking fab in my New Years dress) is to be in super shape and be able to climb Mt Jefferson (at over 10,000 feet a formidable foe) and if that means slowing down the weightloss to preserve muscle so be it. I will go with what my body tells me and not fight it.

I got my fancy new scale and according to it most (about 73-80%) of my daily losses are water, some fat (8-10%) and some muscle (5-10%). I only have 4 days of results to go on and no definative average as of yet, but I will be keeping an eye on that. Achieving the look I want in lue of my body being able to do what I want is not what I want. :p

But this scale is great.. I will be able to track my fat losses regarless of TTOM etc.
I have noticed that the more water I drink.. the more water weight I lose. Which just confirms that drinking more helps you not retaine as much water! YAY!

So glug glug glug I am off to have another liter and get me up to my 4 a day.

Getting my bike tuned up today in anticipation of a little ride along the river next week. As fun as riding a stationary bike at the gym is....I would much rather be out in all the wonderfull fall colors (even if it IS raining! :p)!!

13lbs in one week!! That was a great loss!!:D Bet your pleased!!

NO candy corn, but they were sampling some of that out at the store the other day.... Twas reeces cups they did tempt me with........ droooooool... :)

I moved TONS of wood yesterday and piled it up. It was a fantastic upper body workout. Also went for a nice long walk while chitty chatting with my pal.

We are thinking of joining Bikrams yoga. Now its colder and with the cost of heating it might be nice to sit in 100 degree heat for 1 1/2 hours every other day :)

Food was a real temptation again. Not so much a feeling like "I want to eat the entire kitchen" but but more of a... "geee I did alot today and am feeling like I should eat something" type of thing. I was planning on SS until Thanksgiving, but my ultimate goal (aside from looking fab in my New Years dress) is to be in super shape and be able to climb Mt Jefferson (at over 10,000 feet a formidable foe) and if that means slowing down the weightloss to preserve muscle so be it. I will go with what my body tells me and not fight it.

I got my fancy new scale and according to it most (about 73-80%) of my daily losses are water, some fat (8-10%) and some muscle (5-10%). I only have 4 days of results to go on and no definative average as of yet, but I will be keeping an eye on that. Achieving the look I want in lue of my body being able to do what I want is not what I want. :p

But this scale is great.. I will be able to track my fat losses regarless of TTOM etc.
I have noticed that the more water I drink.. the more water weight I lose. Which just confirms that drinking more helps you not retaine as much water! YAY!

So glug glug glug I am off to have another liter and get me up to my 4 a day.

Getting my bike tuned up today in anticipation of a little ride along the river next week. As fun as riding a stationary bike at the gym is....I would much rather be out in all the wonderfull fall colors (even if it IS raining! :p)!!

Hi abstruse,

Your scales sound very fancy indeed!!!

That sounds very exciting ambition to climb Mt Jefferson...I would like to climb Crow Patrick!!!It is on my own to do list.

You sound like you have so much energy and doing so well on the diet.

Maybe before the end of next year I will do this climb, my friend did it this year and she said it was not too hard.:rolleyes:
Croagh Patrick

This striking peak (2510 ft/800m) lies as an imposing background to Westport town. It has been a sacred mountain for almost 5000 years. As far back as 3000 BC our megalithic ancestors worshipped there. Before the birth of Christ the festival of the god Lough was held on its slopes. Croagh Patrick is Ireland's holy
wf180.gif
mountain where St. Patrick spent 40 days and nights praying and fasting in 441 AD. Over 60,000 of the faithful climb to its summit on the last Sunday of July each year.You can read more on Croagh Patrick .Murrisk Abbey is an historic abbey located at the foot of Croagh Patrick. It was founded in 1457.

Source: Westport and it's surroundings

They are soooooooper fancy! With all the meals out I have been avoiding I could afford get em! :)

Croag Patrick looks like a wonderful hike! My energy levels are OK again on SS. I was getting (and now have) a cold and think that that was why I was feeling rather tired. So if all goes as planned SSing till the 23rd when I will start AAM.

I cut off all my hair and am now sporting a flame red mowhawk!!!! I took some pics and am amazed at how much my face has already changed! While I have lost considerable inches I am finding my body still looks decidedly dumpy round the middle. Hopefully by Janury first I will be able to look hot in a little dress-or at least girdle myself into looking hot in a little dress! :p

Everones success stories on here are such an inspiration so I will go lurk and drink my H2O!

Love the hair, I want to try something new but not sure what to do with it!!!!

Well done on doing so good x

Ooh-just looked in on your diary for the first time.
Loving the exotic view of CD from across the pond-and also your stunning hair!
Well done on going so well.

Obtruse,

You are doing so well. Keep it up.

Is that you in the new pic? Was that you in the old pic?

Cheers and much love ....

I think I still have the old pic of me under my profile link... I plan on updating just the avatar pic as I progress. Yea that was me this summer trying to juggle a devil stick and someone snuck in and got a snap of me. :( Its a close runner up for worst pic ever, but the worst snap of me is the one from the nude beach which I have yet to post- even with stars covering the naughty bits. :) Seeing your bare body out in the glaring sunshine...well it really made me realize I did not LOOK the way I felt or thought I looked nor want to look.

I am really happy with my face fat loss so far, just waiting for my body to catch up! I think the last 20 -30 lbs are what really make a huge difference in appearance, but then I only have 60ish lbs total to lose. As for inches.. they are still falling off- even if I dont neccessarily notice them in the mirror yet.

Its been rainy and cold here :( I have not felt very motivated to go to the gym or for a swim. Today I have been doing some rubber band resistance muscle building at home and also found a great free Gazelle on Craigslist!!!!!! It works great, but the calorie counter/ heart monitor are knackered.... As long as I can get on it while I am glued to the TV at night I am happy. I have an old exercise bike I was riding, but was getting bored with it. I did the gazelle yesterday for the first time and woke up with ouchy ass syndrome. My butt worked out on that thing! I still want to go to the pool and gym, but its good for me to have the option to just stay home and work out in my PJs if I am feeling extra Lazy.

Went out to "dinner" at my favorite Lebaneese place last night..... mmmmmm shake :p My friends all let me smell thier food.... its ridiculouse really, but I am so happy with how fast the weight is coming off on SS that I can put up with looking silly for another month yet! November 23 I will be having a nice thanksgiving meal and then start AAM. I really can't wait! I am a tad nervy that I will stuff my gob, but am planning on cooking one day and freezing individual meals so I have what I need ready to go and can't add a scoop of this extra or some of that extra.

OK off to study so I can take this exam and start working again before January. Its going to be a fab new year!

Hi abstruse,

You look a million dollars girl already!!!

Just love the hair!!!

Boofaloo/Helen and Flopster are starting management and Helen is doing a food diary and posting receipes and ideas...she just started today.

I love to smell food as well and I think you are doing brill.

Good luck with your study.

Love Mini xxx

Only a smidgen of a lb off today. No biggy. Its ttotm. My scale is telling me my water weight is up. I love my scale, but am not sure how accurate it is. I am meeting with a dietician next week to get measured properly. According to my scale I am losing more muscle than fat at the moment, which really bites. I don't want to be lowering my metablosim by having more fat in me and less calori burning muscle.... but the scales could just be a bunk investment. We shall see next week!
Aside from that, the diet seemed easy today. Went for a swim and am going out dancing again tonight with some friends. Been getting in all my 4 liters of water as well. Only complaint would be feeling brrrrrrrrr cold all day.

Think I am gonna sit in a hot bath and drink some tea!

I'll be interested to hear about your scales compared to the other measurement. I was thinking of investing in some!

I'm really cold today too, day 3 of ss (again)!

OK big big changes in my diet plan. I went and saw my Dietician/nutritionalist and after testing I now know my scales have not been wrong and I have been losing muscle mass over fat. :( Also my base metabolic rate (some weird breathy machine i blew into tested it) is lower than low low low. :(

Well poop. She asked me if I was starving myself (anorexic or bulimic....sheesh) and I said no that I was on a VLCD ( I did not really expect her to understand). She had a look at my shakes and was at least happy that I was not malnourished while "starving". She is not totally against VLCD's in extreme health cases. She mentioned people who were severely overweight- as in 100 or more lbs and needed surgery soon and to drop lbs quickly to make that safe. Well I only had about 60 lbs to lose to begin with. She gave me a ton of info and then left the ball in my court.

I could stick with the vlcd, risk my metabolism dropping even further and then struggle with regain as soon as I pop some food in my mouth when I am over the SS part of CD. Losing a ton of muscle and keeping fat will not be good for my metabolism. OR I can follow a diet she layed out for me... 7 meals a day between 250-300 calories per meal. She sais I will be gaining weight the first 2-3 weeks while my metabolism revs back up but she more or less swore that I would be losing up to 2 lbs a week just on the diet and could lose more with exercise.

So I have decided to go for the eating and 2 lbs a week instead of being hungry and grumpy,cold,and moody and losing 3-4 lbs a week...alot of which is the muscle that I want to keep.

I am kinda upset as I really wanted to look soooooooper sexy and hot for new years, but in the end I want how I look and feel to be for the rest of my life and not just for one night after which I fall back into old habits. I don't want life to only be "on SS" and then gaining weight back and then having to go back onto SS ( I have read alot of that happening here and kudos to the few who are or have managed to stabilize for more than a year after finishing SSing......I just can honestly say that I would most likely NOT be one of those and the word yo-yo will no longer be in my diet plans!).

I think I have made the right decision....even if I am going to gain back a whole ton of weight at the start :( .... I am not going to get on the scale until a month from now... hopefully that will get me back to where I am now but with a better body fat percentage.

What a bumpy road.... I just want to be thin and gorgeous dahling!!!! :)

So today I ATE. I also have supplements I am taking.3 alive vitamins -and 3 flax seed, borage, and fish oil mix- 3 Cla caps all taken through the day.

heres what I got to eat today!!!!

Meal 1 8 am
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup almonds
cinemon
1 cup soy milk

meal 2 10 am
250 cal mint chocolate protein bar

meal 3 12pm

Italian rice

1/2 cup brown/wild rice mix
1 cup mixed veg (zucchini, onion, red peppers,mushrooms)
1 cup Quorn tenders
1/4 cup tomato sauce

meal 4 2pm

Coconut and chocolate protein bar 250 cals

meal 5 4pm

Quorn pattie on whole grain bread w/ spinach and tomato

meal 6 6 pm

Shirataki noodle stir fry

1 cup Shirataki noodles
1 cup mixed veggies (carrots, cabbage, onions, broccoli, mushrooms and sprouts)
5 tablespoons schezuan sauce
1 cup quorn pieces

Meal 7 8pm ( have still to have this one in an hour)

Hot Chocolate protein shake

Been quite the day going from eating just shakes to now eating TONS. I also got in some exercise. 30 min swim and 30 min on my gazelle. also 30 min at the gym. I will be trying to get in 1 hour of cardio a day and working out at the gym to build back some muscle and burn more of my faty fat 3-4 times a week (alternating one week 3x and the next 4 x).

I am feeling overwhelmed, but also happy to be eating again. I will keep everyone posted. And will still be lurking in everyone journals spurring on all the successes i see.

Back