Jumping on the Slim and Save Band Wagon!

Well done! I think it's good that, although we aren't the same weights, our bmi 25 or under goal is about the same distance away for us (mine I hope to reach by 25nov or sooner, and is 11 pounds away!) I know yours is only 8 pounds away, so I think you could definitely achieve that by this time next month, or before :)

Thanks Lara, I sure hope so! And I agree it's great that we kinda have the same distance left to go! We just have to stay the distance and do it and we will!!! xx

Day 25

Wake up/Breakfast: Warm vanilla shake with coffee and then a filter coffee x1
Lunch: 2x healthy choice tesco sausages, swede chips, broccoli and onion gravy
Dinner: Cookies & Cream shake
Snacks: vanilla & Almond bar, cup of tea, 100ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 4,501mls
Weight: 10st 12lbs GET IN THERE!!!!

Whoop another pound gone! Well chuffed! That brings my whole weight loss, including from when I was doing keto to 2 Stone exactly today! Can't believe it!

I feel super motivated to see this to the end now!

Last edited:
Day 26

Wake up/Breakfast: Warm Caramel shake with coffee
Lunch: 2x healthy choice tesco sausages, swede chips, broccoli and onion gravy
Dinner: White Choc and Raspberry shake
Snacks: Chocolate Praline bar, cup of tea, 100ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 4,651mls
Weight: 10st 12lbs
So I decided to have another lifestyle day – the same as yesterday! To be fair I have a ton of these sausages in the freezer, and I am also quite obsessed with Swede chips! I am going to stick with lifestyle during the weekends – it breaks the diet up nicely and it feels like I have an added treat to look forward to after a week of packs. As much as I like them, it makes a nice change!
Really happy that I woke up to still being 10st 12lbs. Means I am going the right direction.
I was looking at some of my “Before” pictures when I first started dieting – MY GOD, NOT PRETTY AT ALL!!! Cannot believe how far I have come. Will post these once I reach the end (Not brave enough just yet!)
I now have a surprise Birthday to attend on the 29[SUP]th[/SUP] November. Hopefully I will be near goal then as I have to attend this and I know it will entail a ton of drinks and catching up as I haven’t seen my friends in so long as I now live so far away. I am looking forward to it, however still apprehensive.

Oooh can't wait to see your before and after pics.

29 nov is a great goal, good amount of time :). I kind of wish I didn't have things on the 1st,2nd and 15th November, as longer to see the effects of this diet would be great, but people can't postpone their birthdays haha.

Well done on the 2 stone loss, you must feel great. I lost 3 stone on this last year then stayed the same weight until recently when I let bad habits creep back in and stopped exercising. I have since regained half of the initial loss. So I'm back to get it off as well as another 2 stone. I'm aiming for 2 stone by Xmas then another 2 stone by April so will be here for a while x

Lol exactly Lara! Inconsiderate people having birthdays and parties - can't they wait until I'm thin lol!!! Yep will definitely post the pics soon!

KBQueen that's amazing! You know you can do it and will do it again! And your goal for Christmas is definitely doable! I am so pleased that I decided to do something about my weight - I was in denial for so long. I do feel so much better and even fitter. Only wish I knew about S&S when I decided to lose weight - I think I would have lost even more by now! How are you finding it so far? X

I'm only at the end of day 1, it's day 3 I get stuck on but going to try my best to power through it x Must be fab being in the 10s, I havent seen them for about 9 years x

Day 27

Wake up/Breakfast: Scrambled Egg pack, filter coffee x2, Candarel x2
Lunch: Pasta Carbonara
Dinner: Lemon Yoghurt shake
Snacks: Coconut Bar (YUK!!!), cup of tea, 50ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 4,501mls
Weight: 10st 11 3/4lbs :-D

Another 1/4 of a pound off - I'll take that thank you very much!

Like an eejit, I ordered loads coconut bars without trying them first. So now trying to suck it up and eat them to get rid of them! The swap shop on the forums aren't very good (I posted on there as I have 30+ soups that I wanted to swap for shakes and other bars, but no joy.

I've got 18 days of "full packs" made up. However I have a massive box full of soups, meals and some shakes left over. The problem is I like having a bar at the end of day. Will have to order more bars so that I can use up all my packs, but I'm reluctant incase I hit goal earlier and then I'm left with like a thousand packs! I'm aiming to have maybe another 8 weeks on plan, but was going to re-evaluate in a months time. May look into using the left overs to help with maintenance.

I'm thinking that I may not need to go down to a 9st, but maybe somewhere between to 9st 6lb and - 10st to give me some leeway. I don't want to be too skinny (I was a size 6-8 in my early 20's and most people including family said I looked awful with a "lolly" head). Will play it by ear as my body structure may have changed since then.

Also went out today, and caught sight of myself in a full length mirror - I couldn't believe how slim and tiny I looked. I mentioned it to my OH and he said "See, I told you you were slim!" Lol :-D

KBQueen I am well happy I'm finally in the 10's! It's been a bumpy ride though - there has been very brief fleeting moments when I got frustrated. Especially when my OH is eating some of my favourite foods in front of me yet manages to stay somewhat lean.

Well done on getting through day 1! Day 3/4 will be worth it when you are slinky! xx

That's so nice, to spot yourself in a mirror and be shocked and proud of the changes you've made, as a result of your willpower and determination. I'm also so pleased I made the decision to lose this weight, and to come back on here and speak to people like you who are in the same boat.

You know what weight works best for you. I presume you are quite a bit taller than me (I'm only 5ft2), so maybe 9 is a little on the low side? Some people look a totally different weight to the weight they are so it's hard to say. I was always heavier than I looked, even as a kid, even when I was anorexic actually, people worried about how thin I was but my bmi was still 18 even though I looked a lot less. Anyway I seem to be rambling away from my point!!!

Regarding the extra packs, personally I think extra is a good thing. I am going to use them some days, and use skinny noodles some days, in my maintenance plan, may do an intermittent fasting type thing, but less strict: more like the days I have things on I will relax a bit with food (but always avoid junk food), and days I have nothing on I can just swap a meal for a meal pack or protein with skinny noodles. This is the plan anyway! I keep stopping myself from buying more though hehe.

Exciting to think in a month we could be pretty much done!!!!! X

Well aren't we all just a bunch of shorties on here haha. I'm only 5ft tall so every extra pound shows, I'm not overweight im just under tall ;-)

Well aren't we all just a bunch of shorties on here haha. I'm only 5ft tall so every extra pound shows, I'm not overweight im just under tall ;-)

Haha. I like being short. But not when it comes to weight!

Day 28

Wake up/Breakfast: Vanilla shake hot with teaspoon of coffee, 2x Gold Blend Barrista coffee (I've run out of my special "bullet proof" coffee beans, however this Barrista stuff is nice!
Lunch: Chilli pack, with 200g Swede Chips
:-D
Dinner: White Raspberry shake
Snacks: Milk Choc Truffa Bar, cup of tea, 50ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 5,159mls
Weight: 10st 11 1/2lbs

Another 1/4 off :-D

Hi Lara and KBQueen!

I'm a 1/4 inch shy of 5"5! So not that tall either lol! My OH is over 6" though and he teases me mercifully for being so much shorter than him. I've heard all the height joke trust me lol.

Yes I'm glad that I have done this too. The think is I probably would still be in denial if I wasn't mistook for being pregnant at that festival we went to in July by a random. I can't believe no one told me. I kept wearing my leggings and baggy shirts as it was easy to dress in looking after a baby.
Even one of my best friends who I hadn't seen in a while when we met up in August said she didn't think I was big. Maybe people were too polite and I always got the "you've just had a baby" thrown at me all the time that maybe I bought into it too. Lara I'm glad you fought Anorexia and won. At my lowest weight when I was 19-21 odd I suffered from bulimia and luckily I never went back to it.

I will continue to use the packs (especially the bars as I love 'em) to maintain. And KBQueeni love the "I'm not overweight, I'm under tall" way of thinking!!!! X

You're doing so well, keeps me motivated :) I've noticed a few people having 200g of veg, is this allowed on the 4 pack days or is that part of the 3 packs + meal? x

You're doing so well, keeps me motivated :) I've noticed a few people having 200g of veg, is this allowed on the 4 pack days or is that part of the 3 packs + meal? x

Aww thanks hun!

Yep you can have these as optional extras on Simplicity (It is mandatory to have them on Lifestyle though! Up to 200g of allowed vegetables and also 50ml Full fat milk, OR 100ml Semi Skimmed milk OR 150ml skimmed milk. Also the Hartley's Sugar Free Jelly (Half of a sachet per day).

The extras don't really add much to be honest - For example today my cals came in at only 643 (and thats with a few sprays of Garlic frylight as well as everything else! The only time I have to watch the packs is if I have an Egg Pack (188 cals!), Spaghetti Bolognaise (180 cals) or the Muesli (180 cals and this is my fave bar!). I don't have any of these on the same day as when you add the 4th pack (or Lifestyle meal) it will put you over 700+ cals:eek::eek::eek:!

Great, thank you for the help x

Leggings and baggy tops = ideal denial clothes!!! It's amazing how you can wear them and just keep inflating, almost unnoticeably isn't it. Perhaps you carried it well. And perhaps people just don't want to be rude, and were focusing on the fact you had a baby which is a far bigger thing... It's amazing what we can convince ourselves of. Glad you can relate to the eating disorders things (well bit glad you went through but you know) - I always feel a bit scared to even type it relatively anonymously on here as no one really knows that side of me. Glad you came through it. If we came through that we can nail this weight thing, and healthy eat for life x

Absolutely Lara! Yep I had (and still do!) have a wardrobe full of denial clothes! Maybe I did wear it well to a certain degree (although a random stranger wanted to help me with carrying stuff cod he thought I was pregnant!!!! - THAT was what made me think "Bugger, I have a problem"!

Day 29

Wake up/Breakfast: Caramel shake hot with teaspoon of coffee, 2x Gold Blend Barrista coffee
Lunch: Mushroom Pasta
Dinner: 2x Healthy choice Cumberland Tesco sausages
Snacks: Coconut Choc Truffa Bar, cup of tea, 100ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 4,566mls
Weight: 10st 10lbs (Whoop!)

Wowzers, so I must've had a mini whoosh over night! So freakin' pleased! 13.5lbs since I started S&S 29 days ago!

My OH has *finally* seen sense and has started S&S! Since we started dieting in July/August I have lost a total of 2st 2lbs and he has lost 10(!)lbs. He is 6" and wants to weigh 13st (and a bit). Currently he weighs 15st 5lbs. I guess we'll see how he gets on. He's going to do lifestyle, whilst I'm going to flit between the two.

It's nice him actually trying it though - he teased me about eating "space food", and sat there eating takeouts whilst I nibbled on a bar. At 2'o'clock he was ready to throw in the towel, until I showed him some of the stories on the S&S site. Guys twice and even three times his weight all succeeded in losing weight. I think that gave him a mental slap.

Because I'm trying to help him ease into it I had a lifestyle day with him. He's still a bit whiney, but hopefully once he sees the results it will spur him on too!

Back