Katy's Diary

Thanks! I got my ass Into my size 16 skinnies, but i can't do them up yet! ?

It's funny that whole thing about not liking compliments/attention,I was told once that I hide behind my fat, using it like a barrier which is an interesting thought.I guess this journey is about more than our initial aims to get into dresses etc, we need to think about how we got fat in the first place and how to love ourselves.deep stuff!!!! I think because i'm at my mums house i've gone all teenage angst y!!!!

Well done for getting right back on it and congrats for last night :)

It's funny that whole thing about not liking compliments/attention,I was told once that I hide behind my fat, using it like a barrier which is an interesting thought.I guess this journey is about more than our initial aims to get into dresses etc, we need to think about how we got fat in the first place and how to love ourselves.deep stuff!!!! I think because i'm at my mums house i've gone all teenage angst y!!!!

I totally know what you mean. I turn into a child around my Mum. It's infuriating, isn't it. I had to take a little distance to collect myself and so I can recollect and be an adult again!
So then... how did I get fat in the first place? I stopped dancing and started eating kebabs. I became quite academic and liked chilling out with my friends instead of getting stuck into physical activity. My Mum used to hide food from me, so when I got money, I spent it on crap food rather than thinking about it. Any diet I've been on I try to find ways to break the rules. I get that same feeling I did when I was living at home- rummaging the cupboards. So, it's about recognising when that is and stopping in tracks. Hard work. And the thing is, if you don't address the issue, you'll just put the weight back on - I'm preaching to myself here!

The hiding behind fat thing really resonates with me too. I've done that after a couple of negative experiences with males/boyfriends. Then I get all sad-act that I'm single, but freak out when anyone shows attention. Really need to get my head and heart sorted (as much as I can do anyway), as well as my ass! We all have our issues... just some are better at covering them up than others! :scale:

We will get there! :girlpower:

I'm only 16st 12 this morning!!!!

katycan said:
I'm only 16st 12 this morning!!!!

Whoop whoop! :) that's great :)

Just had spaghetti pack with big handful of rocket and spinach raw and a spoonful of Parmesan. Amazing!

katycan said:
Just had spaghetti pack with big handful of rocket and spinach raw and a spoonful of Parmesan. Amazing!

Sounds lovely! I love raw spinach ! Bizarre but true!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Katy, you're doing so well!! X

Aw thank you! I've weighed in this morning, I haven't budged... come on scales... tell the truth!

Yesterday was a n OK day. I was still pretty trashed after physio the day before, with the knee still swollen. I braved it to the supermarket and grabbed a few essentials... eggs, coke and dr pep zero, spinach, broc, rocket and TANDOORI CHICKEN PIECES. Now, that rocked my world. I got them over the deli counter and had with spinach and rocket mixed together. THAT was amazing. I could only eat about a third of the portion, so that means I've got it today... woop!

Today I'm going to go a look at a gym. A friend said the council one is good, but it's always rammed. There's another one that's only a little more expensive but I'll stretch to. I'll go and see if they've got any 'deals' on. Here's betting those deals are 'ending today', haha!

Did anyone watch that stuff on Britains' Hidden Hungry last night?

Sounds like you are doing great

I watched the program but felt z but unsure if it really shame those who needed help could not get it yet others were able to manipulate it so well

Aw thank you! I've weighed in this morning, I haven't budged... come on scales... tell the truth!

Yesterday was a n OK day. I was still pretty trashed after physio the day before, with the knee still swollen. I braved it to the supermarket and grabbed a few essentials... eggs, coke and dr pep zero, spinach, broc, rocket and TANDOORI CHICKEN PIECES. Now, that rocked my world. I got them over the deli counter and had with spinach and rocket mixed together. THAT was amazing. I could only eat about a third of the portion, so that means I've got it today... woop!

Today I'm going to go a look at a gym. A friend said the council one is good, but it's always rammed. There's another one that's only a little more expensive but I'll stretch to. I'll go and see if they've got any 'deals' on. Here's betting those deals are 'ending today', haha!

Did anyone watch that stuff on Britains' Hidden Hungry last night?

I'm a serial weigher too! Trying to break the habit. I go days without weighing then weigh every day for for a few days. I think I have a weighing disorder haha. Tandoori chicken sounds lush, may have to try that!!

I watched Britains Hungry and it actually made me quite mad. I'd literally just got back from a weekly shop and spent £20 on food that could feed me easily for a week without the extra sns meals. There's also freezer shops where they can get loads of stuff that will last like pizza, frozen veg etc for £1. They have games consoles and TV's bigger than my whole front room yet can't afford to eat? That's my opinion anyway, I know there are people out there who are on the streets and really can't afford to eat who I feel for, and I have no problem with popping to the chippy and buying them a big bag of chips myself but the people that they showed last night weren't in that situation. Rant over haha xx

I was left feeling really quite annoyed too. I understand what you mean about being a savvy shopper - and for some people, they just need to be taught about that and prioritising basics over smart phones, big televisions etc., and how to use what they buy well. I was gutted about that guy Darren who really took advantage, especially when it's next to vulnerable people who just needed a helping hand when they were in dire straits. I think they're a good idea, but really quite exposed to abuse without proper guidelines. Poor bloke who was running it didn't have a clue... glad he took it seriously, and he had a good heart. I was telling my sister about it today and started getting a bit teary-eyed telling her about the girl, Charlotte who'd enrolled at university. Well done her!

So today, I've had a couple of coffees with friends, and to be honest, I'm whacked. It takes me a little while to get back to normal after surgery, but I will get there. I booked an appointment to look at the gym, but I cannot move off the sofa. I've come home from having beautiful nails done (purple, gel) and had the rest of the tandoori chicken with rocket. So, I'm down on a pack today, but replaced it with a meal. That's ok!

Confession corner: I had a pack of pom-bears today. BUT I DIDN'T HAVE THE CAKE.

Excuses, excuses. I know. :copon:

Back on it!

I joined a GYM last night. It was lovely, clean and reasonably priced. There's not a lot I can do at the moment but wondered what others do out there in terms of exercise?

In the (un)fortunate position of knickers starting to fall down, even though the scales are not budging at all! I don't understand! Maybe it's just levelling out from last week.

Have any of you eaten out at nandos? I'm going out for lunch and wondered if that would keep me in ketosis if that's my protein meal for the day?

Happy All Souls Day! X

A friend just popped round and brought m&s cream cakes.

Haven't touched. It's not even killing me. I don't know how long this will last though. I'll donate to housemates!

katycan said:
I joined a GYM last night. It was lovely, clean and reasonably priced. There's not a lot I can do at the moment but wondered what others do out there in terms of exercise?

In the (un)fortunate position of knickers starting to fall down, even though the scales are not budging at all! I don't understand! Maybe it's just levelling out from last week.

Have any of you eaten out at nandos? I'm going out for lunch and wondered if that would keep me in ketosis if that's my protein meal for the day?

Happy All Souls Day! X

Great that u r joining a gym. If I ever move into my flat I'm going to start swimming in the local pool there, they do yearly membership so will encourage me to go 3X a week to get my monies worth,

Nandos is great lots of choice (as all chicken) id just stick with the plainest thing on menu. Prob something like grilled chicken with salad?!

katycan said:
A friend just popped round and brought m&s cream cakes.

Haven't touched. It's not even killing me. I don't know how long this will last though. I'll donate to housemates!

Eek! Well done!

The cakes are still in the fridge untouched. My mouth feels like a sewer.

And I haven't budged a lb this week! Say, whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

katycan said:
The cakes are still in the fridge untouched. My mouth feels like a sewer.

And I haven't budged a lb this week! Say, whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

It will catch up next week! :)

Back