Keto weight loss diary

Apple cravings?!

I'm going to try apple and cinnamon porridge for the first time.

I'm Scottish so eating porridge that has been tampered with is a criminal offence!

Ill let you know if it tastes of apple!

Have a good day :)

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Apple and cinnamon thing tasted lovely. Wouldn't describe ur as porridge though.. Edible yes...

Hang in there!

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Glad you enjoyed your fake porridge :)

Today's been better, head-wise. I got hungry at work and was offered all sorts but resisted. I've got walnuts in my drawer if it gets too much, but I want to reign in the actual calories a bit now so I'm not snacking on them unless I really have to.

My ketostix arrived today, and confirmed that I'm pretty deep in keto so the squash gets to stay! Exercise will start properly from this weekend, I feel like I'm getting some energy back although this afternoon was difficult in places.

I'm not expecting any loss this week on Saturday's weigh in, but it's enough to know that I'm in ketosis and with some finer calorie control combined with regimented cardio and weights it should happen :)

Also, I'm 1 calendar month off the ciggies tomorrow. This makes me very happy indeed :D

Well done for the one month mark :) ul feel the benefits cardio wise too.

U should have a loss this week because you've had v low carbs. Never seen a ketostick! Well done for being in ketosis. U got death-breath?!

Have to admit, I'd have demolished the walnuts...

Exercise wise... Take it easy. You won't perform the way you usually do. Ease in. I know you're desperate!

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

No death breath yet Maggie, thankfully.

I'm having a filling done tomorrow at ten to six, so I'll probs be on shakes after that. It's a biggie, and this will be the 7th time it's been done by the 4th different dentist. I just want this one to stay in! I'm home alone afterwards too, cos the wife and child are off out to see a show so I'll not even get any tlc :(

I'm planning a good long bike ride on Saturday, can't wait for it :)

Good luck with the dentist!!!

I literally take on a different persona when I enter dentist surgery. Nervous, fidgety, racing pulse, rapid breathing! It's the smell that triggers it. I'm like you... Been through a few dentists and FINALLY found a guy I liked. Biggest selling point was that he sang whilst he worked (he was also a good dentist!) sadly he died of a massive heart attack. He was only in his 40s. So I'm dentist-less at the moment.

Hope it's not too traumatic and you survive without the TLC :)

Bike ride sounds good! I'm going to bike shop after work to get some new pedals and cleats for my bike. Hope they gave them in stock.

Then it's doc appt. I have quite a large lump growing in my neck and its quite sore, so I'd best get it checked out.

Have a good day :)

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Well done Al...

How's the gob? My lump is ok. Getting bigger slowly. Is an infected cyst. Noice!!! Antibiotics will sort it :)

I'm in possession of remote control and on sofa watching Glastonbury highlights. Bliss!

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Good news about your lump Maggie, and my gob's o.k, but hold on with your well dones.....

I fell off the diet last night, HARD! 2 large meals from Maccy D plus a double cheeseburger, 3 bars of chocolate, 3 packets of crisps and a Muller corner. I'm disgusted with myself :(

On the plus side, this morning I really didn't feel like it was worth it. I've resolved to NEVER fall off like that again! I've bought some apples and a few low carb fridge nibbles to help keep me on the straight and narrow. If I get any mad cravings in the future I'll kill them with something less destructive, like fruit or a decent yoghurt. Obviously, I'm out of keto so the priority is to get back into it. One wobble doesn't mean I've got to give up completely!

I also got out on my bike for an hour or so, but I forgot to set Strava so I don't know the distance.

Weigh in today is... 95kg

That's a 5kg loss even with my binge, so it a bit less disheartening. My short term goal is to get back into keto and hold it for at least 2 weeks.

In a bit :)

Oh Al... That's the last time you should be left home alone!!! Not to worry, you'll learn how to avoid disasters in time. The guilt alone, would kill you!

Bloody good loss though. That's fantastic! So ketosis is next goal. You'll do it :) just watch you don't do too much exercise which might make you feel starving and more vulnerable.

Bummer about Strava app. I was doing a long run one day on new route. Got to 16miles and deleted all my data. Had another 5 miles to do. Raging!!!

Kippers sounded nice :) stay strong, focus and don't look back!

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

When I used to have a blow-out I'd have a big bowl of fruit n fibre. Hardly miss piggy, but enough to take me out of ketosis!

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

What if I told you that I have a huge McDonalds or fastfood meal every Sunday? I am too weak to resist junk food completely so I just accept that I will implement it one day a week after my weigh-in. That's just part of my routine though haha

Anyways I know quite a bit on keto. A 550lb YouTuber named Boogie2988 was on it for a few months, and made a few videos about it. It is definitely interesting and will achieve results if you stick to it. The science behind ketosis is also very interesting indeed. Unfortunately Boogie didn't stick to it and I think he is looking for an alternative now. Bare in mind this is a guy who is seriously morbidly obese and has a terrible food addiction. He lost 50lbs with it though, but I don't think he stuck to it properly and just ended up going back to old habits.

Haven't seen anyone on here do it yet, so I will be keeping tabs on your thread!

Keep up the good work, 5kg is a lot. I guess my only advice is to keep consuming your fluids, water is so important.

That's the thing mate, I can go without fast food quite easily if I can eat it when I like. It's just when I'd done virtually zero carb days for that long something let go and I just drove to Maccy D and destroyed it. My usual order ( I'm sure everyone here has one at some fast food place lol) isn't 2 large meals and a double cheeseburger!

I agree that the science behind keto is interesting, and the diet itself is popular with bodybuilders as it's muscle sparing when it's time to cut the fat. I've seen stunning results on other forums but it is BRUTAL trying to stick to it 100%. I actually find it easier through the week as I'm at work, but at the weekend sat at home it's harder. I will get there though, and reach my goal.

I think a lot of that 5kg was water, I probably would have been even lower if I hadn't binged. I hold water like a sponge lol.

I did 5 days at around zero carbs, just incidentals from the veg. I just need to find that little bit of extra willpower and I'll hit my 14 day 100% mini goal for sure.

Thanks for looking in :)

Haha yeh I guess your day was pretty overkill. When I binge out I usually have a large big mac meal, with a mcflurry and some 9 nuggets. Which is like 2000 calories. But I don't eat much for the rest of the day. But you live and learn right? These slips ups happen, and probably will happen again many times. It's part of the journey, mistakes are inevitably and everyone makes them!

Yeh it would have been water weight but still, it's a loss right?

Have you researched water weight? It is so deceptive. So many people think they have gained weight one week when in reality they have just not consumed enough water. It fooled me many times.

I could not see myself living a keto lifestyle for my entire life. But I may try it out for a month or two sometime, just to learn about it. May try a two weeks of vegan or vegetarian too haha

Back