Kirsty's road back to target in time for Kefalonia 2013!

My doc said a change in eating habits can be a cause.
I also suffer with depression, anxiety and insomnia (I'm a mess I know lol!) and she said IBS is often brought on by those conditions.
Its finding my trigger food- so far I think it's white pasta and rice, I have wholemeal at home but when I go to my Mum's for example she uses white.
And I've noticed white bread doesn't agree with me ( a good thing as I love it a bit too much!) so I thought oh a wheat intolerance but I'm fine with wholemeal so its something in the white carbs.

I plan on doing nothing, I have a ton of programmes on my TiVo box to catch up on and the dogs for company so all good.
I may convince my MIL to get me a Costa coffee when she pops over later as she has to drive past it, it's saying no when she asks if I want a cake as well lol

Do you keep a diary and a record of when you get your symptoms so you can find a trigger and then eliminate those foods.......dont think a cake from Costa will help tho lol!

Do you keep a diary and a record of when you get your symptoms so you can find a trigger and then eliminate those foods.......dont think a cake from Costa will help tho lol!
Yeh that's what I'm doing, and so far white carbs are the culprit!

Lol no def not, and tbh I don't fancy one- quite happy with fresh pineapple and a FF Greek yogurt :)
Its more the fact that she'll prob grab one for herself and I'll have to watch her eat it lol.
A test of willpower!!

Well my lovely MIL insisted on picking me up and taking me out to cheer me up so we went to Sainsburys, where I went a little bit crazy in the Quorn freezer section lol.
Got what I needed for dinner tomorrow night (Singapore noddles from the Asia book as well as the duck) so shouldn't have to go out tomorrow, although I half expect hubby will text wanting beer for tomorrow night (he's at Hampton Court flower show today and tomorrow)!

As we were that way, we stopped at Costa and we behaved ourselves by having just coffee no cake!
MIL is also on SW but has less willpower than me, so if she'd gone there by herself she'd have brought a cake.

I talked her out of it (love that Costa put the calories on all the cakes- if that doesn't put you off nothing will!!) and we both had black Americano's and sat outside in this beautiful weather.
Got such a taste for Costa that I had to buy myself an Iced skinny latte (small) to takeaway!

Now having it with my HiFi bar whilst sitting outside with the dogs :)

Feeling much better for getting out of the house :) X

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

And what a morning, its so beautiful out there today :)
I'm feeling much better today, still getting pain but I'm starting to figure out what it is- last night I had some gorgeous homemade chunky chips for dinner and I was in agony afterwards so I'm convinced its carbs!

Going to try and steer clear of carbs as much as I can- even considering doing Red days....

Anyway today, no surprise that hubby text to ask for beer :) so I've got to pop out to Tesco at some stage.
I'm also planning to make a chickpea dahl loaf for my lunch and I have a tub of Quark to use up so considering making a roulade of some sort.

So here's today's plan:

EXTRA EASY

Saturday 13th July 2013

HEXA: 175ml whole milk
HEXB: Weetabix Oaty bar

Breakfast

2 Banana's and a coffee!

Lunch

Chickpea dahl loaf with a massive salad and fresh fruit afterwards

Dinner

Waitrose 1/2 crispy duck with pancakes and sauce, followed by Singapore noddles from the Asia book

Syns

My half of the duck (22)

Daily Syns: 22

Weekly Syns: 48/105

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

Well another good day yesterday, although I was in agony last night after dinner.
Def think its carbs, so hubby suggested having a carb free day today, which to me means a Red day.
I must admit I'm not bothered by carbs right now, given how my tummy has been reacting.

Today we are going to my Aunties for a bit of a family BBQ to celebrate my cousin's daughters 8th birthday.
Will be lots of very SW unfriendly food there and in an ironic way, I'm glad my tummy isn't right as I have a bit more willpower to say no, as I know my tummy will hate greasy, salty, fat laden rubbish!!
Will have lunch before going and just say no I can't eat that, I have a medical condition (true). So shouldn't be a problem!

And I realised last night that I've not had chocolate or crisps for almost a week :eek: I just haven't fancied them, ESP choc in this weather!

So anyway here's today's plan:

RED

Sunday 14th July 2013

HEXA: 175ml whole milk
HEXA: 2x 35g tubs Philly light

HEXB: 6 Ryvita whole grain crackerbread

Breakfast

2 Banana's, coffee, then a bacon omelette

Lunch

Ryvita with Philly, cherry toms and peppers on the side, pineapple afterwards

Dinner

2 Quorn peppered steaks with loads of veggies.

Syns

2 tbsp reduced salt tommy k (1)
My Carte D'or Tiramisu tub (10)

Daily Syns: 11

Weekly Syns: 59/105

Last edited:
Looks like its dairy products that upset my tummy as I've had a bad reaction to eggs and ice cream today :(

Hi!

I had a bad day yesterday, time of the month arrived and that was it. I didn't eat loads (too hot!) but it was all the wrong stuff- white bread, ice cream, etc.
As you can imagine, I was in agony with tummy after my binge :( that'll teach me!

Anyway I've got it out is my system and back on plan today!

GREEN

Tuesday 16th July 2013

HEXA:

HEXB: Special K chewy delight

Breakfast

Banana, coffee and Special K bar

Lunch

Dinner

Syns

Velvet Crunch (4)
Rolo pots ice dream (10)
3 McVitie's Jaffa cakes (7.5) :(

Last edited:
Lost 2lbs this week and that means back in target range woop! :D 5.5lbs to go...

Morning diary!

I really don't know what I'm doing food wise today as just before bedtime last night, I got a bout of diarrhoea and it hasn't stopped since then :(

So I've taken tablets, etc but no idea what to eat as I don't want to upset my tummy even further.

I'm off to Derby tomorrow for the weekend so I'm really hoping this is gone by then as I don't fancy a 3 hour drive with diarrhoea :(

Today's food:

GREEN

Thursday 18th July 2013

HEXA: 40g reduced fat cheddar
HEXA: 40g reduced fat cheddar

HEXB: 2 slices wholemeal bread
HEXB: Special K chewy delight bar

Breakfast

Banana, black coffee and Special K bar

Lunch

Cheese sandwich, bowl of strawberries and FF natural yogurt

Dinner

Peppers stuffed with savoury rice and a massive salad topped with cheese. Banana, FF natural yogurt, honey and walnuts

Syns

Snickers ice cream bar (4.5)
1 tsp honey (1)
4 walnut halves (4)
Emi cafe latte light (4.5)

Daily Syns: 14

Weekly Syns: 14/105

Hello diary!

I've been away this weekend to SW head office for my training.

I didn't stick to plan as such but I made the best choices where I could and with all the yummy food in the SW restaurant, it made it very easy :)

Scales are being very kind to me, so will be eager to see what they say in the morning!

On Wednesday I thought to myself I'll be happy just to maintain this week and that's still true but a little loss would also be good :)

Back on plan from tomorrow until my holiday- nothing to get in the way (as far as I'm aware anyway!) X

Good morning diary!

Scales were very kind to me this morning- 11st 4.5lbs so 1lb off since last Wednesday and still with 2 days to go until official WI :D

So here's today's plan:

EXTRA EASY

Monday 22nd July 2013

HEXA:40g reduced fat cheddar

Breakfast

Banana, coffee and Special K chewy delight bar

Lunch

Jacket potato with beans and cheese, and bacon and peppers fry-lighted on the side

Dinner

Syns

Starbucks frappuccino mocha choc flavour, 250ml (9)

Last edited:
Hello diary!

Scales are still being good to me so hoping for a nice little loss tomorrow night :)

Todays plan:

EXTRA EASY

Tuesday 23rd July 2013

HEXA: 2x 35g tubs Philly light
HEXB: 6 Ryvita whole grain crackerbread

Breakfast

Banana, coffee and Special K chewy delight bar

Lunch

HEXA and B

Dinner

Gressingham duck breasts in a tangy orange sauce with veg and Tilda lemon basmati rice

Syns

Special K chewy delight bar (4.5)
Splash skimmed milk (0.5)
Flump twist (1.5)
Duck (0.5)
Tilda lemon basmati rice (2.5)

Total syns: 9.5 :)

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

WI tonight and I'm feeling positive!

Here's today's plan:

GREEN

Wednesay 24th July 2013

HEXA: 350ml skimmed milk

HEXB: Hi Fi choc orange bar

Breakfast

Banana, tea and Special K chewy delight bar

Lunch

Nothing

Dinner

Pasta with veg and el mayo

Syns

Haribo star mix (small 10p bag) (4.5)
2tbsp extra light mayo (1)
2 squares Lindt creation Tiramisu (8.5)
1/2 of 23g bag Popchips (2.5)

Daily Syns: 16.5

Weekly Syns: 16.5/105

I'm ill again :( there's a virus going round work and think I've got it. Been sick 4 times in less than an hour and work have sent me home.
So definitely not having a curry tonight, not sure what I'll eat, if anything.
Just have to rest so I can at least go to WI tonight.

Last edited:
Hi just read your diary & can relate to how difficult it is keeping in target. I got to target 3 yrs ago (I think) & managed to keep there for a while, but it was those darn holidays which just take me out of target & then it takes for ever to get back & now the children have left home we can go on more holidays!!! so I too started a diary in the hope it would help get to target & it has.

Glad to see you've managed to get back in target, it's such a good feeling isn't it, but maintaining is much harder than losing!!!

Good luck for WI tonight.

Hi just read your diary & can relate to how difficult it is keeping in target. I got to target 3 yrs ago (I think) & managed to keep there for a while, but it was those darn holidays which just take me out of target & then it takes for ever to get back & now the children have left home we can go on more holidays!!! so I too started a diary in the hope it would help get to target & it has.

Glad to see you've managed to get back in target, it's such a good feeling isn't it, but maintaining is much harder than losing!!!

Good luck for WI tonight.
Hi thanks for popping in.

Like you, I think maintaining is much harder than losing. I'm always reluctant to be too strict as I used to lose 4-5lbs in a week when I was an angel and obv I don't want to lose that much anymore.

Yes I'm really glad I'm back in target- going on hols in just over 2 weeks so that is making me want to be strict. The lower I am in my range on my last WI the more I can gain whilst away lol!!

Well I went to doc and she thinks its not a food intolerance, but more that stress has made me extremely sensitive to what I eat.
She thinks my hols will help me relax and hopefully be ok with food.

Anyway I'm going to avoid all spicy food, which is such a shame, as I absolutely love a curry and a chilli! But no more :(

I'll need to figure out what meals I can make, for tonight I'm going to rustle up a quick veggie pasta with el mayo, hopefully have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Really determined to be on plan until my hols- only got 2 things to get in the way, dinner at friends on Friday night and family BBQ party on Saturday but will be Syn free all day and just do my best. X

-2lbs tonight :D :D so happy!
That means just 3.5lbs to lose and 2 WI's left before Kefalonia eek!

Back