Kuromi's big journey diary

Delivery has arrived. I'm all excited like a kid at Christmas. How odd that we get all happy when a box of powdered food arrives. Astronauts probably detest the stuff and most of us are thrilled at the prospect of eating it.

I'm currently having porridge and it's weird having something other than a shake. I feel like I'm cheating. I've been reading recipes and ideas on the forums and am off shopping later for veg and herbs. First time in ages I'll have bought food. Also I'm going to try some of that slim rice and the noodles. I've seen mixed reviews but several people have said really wash them well and they are fine.

Dreamt last night that I cheated. I can't remember what I ate but I think it was a single chip and I still felt bad.

My cat Star seems to like the porridge as I've had to eat it with a supervisor and as soon as I was finished her head is in the bowl. She must miss us having all those bad foods that she used to join in on, like kebabs, burgers and sausages and things. She used to lick the plates for gravy and now doesn't get any with us both being on LT for weeks. Poor thing, she must feel like she's dieting too.

I'm desperately hoping for a drop in the scales today. They are currently the same as yesterday but I have noticed that I tend to drop a little over the day, so if I can drop another 1/2lb today then that's a new number. My old scales say I'm just above 10.7 so I'm wishing for something to make me lighter :) then I'm only 16lbs from target and may stand a chance of doing it before middle of December.

I'm now toying with the idea of either not going out on the 29th or just drinking water as I will be getting quite close by then (I'm hoping) and I'll either be finishing up or starting refeed about then, so I might have to sacrifice a few drinks. I don't need To drink, if I take my water flavourings with me and mix them in my water no one would know otherwise anyway.

Good luck with the sns start, ive just had the original oatmeal, really nice and sweet, its filling and warms me up, atleast the cats happy now lol

Well I went shopping and bought more veg than I have in a very long time. I'm even feeling quite experimental and have bought a leek a swede and some asparagus. No idea what I'll do with them but I thought I may as well have a try. I have had my porridge, then a hazelnut shake (will be making that with ice next time as it's a little too nutty for my tastes) and then made myself an omelette (like chicken foo yung but without the chicken) with a baby bel, bean sprouts and mushrooms for tea. I feel like I've just cheated. It's so weird. I've still for a few calories to make up for today so I'm about to try one of the bars for supper. The OH is happy now at least as he had some chicken with some slim rice and mixed some bullion powder in to make it savoury rice. He's about to have a LT shake for supper too and that's us done for today. I'm certain I must have done something wrong as it seems too good to be true that I can actually eat again. I'm so worrie what the scales will show in the morning.

Mmm swede, ive cut them up into chunks and oven baked them then sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper, really gd, then when thats done u can just stirfry them with the leeks, i may try that tomorrow, im intrigued to try the slim rice, do u no if it tastes good? Ive tried the lemon yoghurt bar today and think its my fav one now.

Dont think youve got anything to worry about on the scales as long as your sticking to the allowance, ive lost 6 lbs since moving over from lipotrim a week ago.

Good luck with u and the OH's new eating plan.

The rice tastes ok, but the texture is a little weird. Certainly helps fill out a meal though if you are just having something like the chilli. Make sure you rinse it well in a sieve though otherwise it smells of fish (I can only imagine what it tastes like if it smells like that).

I'm drinking plenty today to make sure I'm getting my daily allowance as I'm not having 3 shakes full of ice now.

Did you put weight on the first day of S&S then loose it afterwards?

The rice tastes ok, but the texture is a little weird. Certainly helps fill out a meal though if you are just having something like the chilli. Make sure you rinse it well in a sieve though otherwise it smells of fish (I can only imagine what it tastes like if it smells like that).

I'm drinking plenty today to make sure I'm getting my daily allowance as I'm not having 3 shakes full of ice now.

Did you put weight on the first day of S&S then loose it afterwards?

Ohhh the rice does seem weird but its worth a try, might taste gd with the chilli con carne. No i didnt put on any weight when i switched, infact day one i think i had lost a pound or so. Youll be fine, everyones body is different so give a few days to see how it goes, but should definately be monitored.

Also im finding it easier to drink more now that im eating.

Yeah I actually feel thirsty for the first time in weeks.

I'm praying the scales have not gone up tomorrow as that would be scary after the first meal in 4 weeks. I think that's what all of us a scared of mind.

Planning on a tuna salad tomorrow. I've found the 70% fat free Heinz salad cream doesn't appear to have any citric acid in it and also is fairly low in carbs, so I'll use a small amount of that mixed with my tuna. Actually looking forward to it as I've got lots of fresh green veggies to eat now.

Yeah I actually feel thirsty for the first time in weeks.

I'm praying the scales have not gone up tomorrow as that would be scary after the first meal in 4 weeks. I think that's what all of us a scared of mind.

Planning on a tuna salad tomorrow. I've found the 70% fat free Heinz salad cream doesn't appear to have any citric acid in it and also is fairly low in carbs, so I'll use a small amount of that mixed with my tuna. Actually looking forward to it as I've got lots of fresh green veggies to eat now.

Got fingers crossed that the scales will move down instead of up or atleast STS. Ive wanted to put dressing on my salads to jazz it up but scared about the whole ketosis thing, thing i need to order the carb free mayo online, i love it so it would be nice to have some with my meals. Are you a veggie or just a tuna lover? I use to love tuna mixed with salad cream and spring onions on crackers.

I just love tuna. My mum ate tuna and olives when pregnant so now I cans it and happily eat them all day. Shame I can't find any olives that aren't in brine for the diet. I found some in olive oil but they were all stuffed ones and I'm not sure if they are allowed in oil.

Ohhh. Tuna is in your blood then.

I think if u try those asian supermarkets youll find olives in brine, even though the ones in oil would probably be ok on atkins as its higher in fat just not sure about slim and save as we're also watching our fat aswell, i can only eat the green ones.

It states we can't have the ones in brine although I'm not sure why that is. I'll leave it rather than risk it. Just made the mistake of weighing myself out of curiosity - I'm 10.11!!!! That's a whole 3lbs up from this morning! Hope tomorrow morning is looking better.

Well done Kuromi

Sounds like you are dong really well :D loving this diet plan. Keep up the good work.

Im sure the weight will go down by the morning aa youve been eating and drinking remember food is different from the shakes, the shakes goes though the digestive system quicker than the food will therefore making u heavier but it will sort itself out.

Well although my weight has gone down from last night it's still not as low as it was before I started S&S. Hopefully tomorrow it will have sorted itself out.

I've found that I can tweak the My fitness pal ap to the amount of calories I want, so I've set it up to match the S&S website settings with 650 calories a day and I'll make sure I don't go above my 70gs carbs. I think it's loads better to use than the official one as I can add things that aren't on their list and that way I know I'm being 10% accurate. This way I can eat my foods such as cinnamon, Worcester sauce & salad cream and record it properly now.

I'm sitting having a tuna salad. 200gs doesn't look like a lot of veg but it's enough. I'm enjoying it more than I think I have ever enjoyed a salad before. I'm actually feeling quite full and I'm only half way through.

I've set the Airfryer up although not used it yet. Might try some swede wedges/fries tomorrow for tea with something like chilli. It looks simple enough to use. Can't wait til I can cook potatoes in it mind you.

Well although my weight has gone down from last night it's still not as low as it was before I started S&S. Hopefully tomorrow it will have sorted itself out.

I've found that I can tweak the My fitness pal ap to the amount of calories I want, so I've set it up to match the S&S website settings with 650 calories a day and I'll make sure I don't go above my 70gs carbs. I think it's loads better to use than the official one as I can add things that aren't on their list and that way I know I'm being 10% accurate. This way I can eat my foods such as cinnamon, Worcester sauce & salad cream and record it properly now.

I'm sitting having a tuna salad. 200gs doesn't look like a lot of veg but it's enough. I'm enjoying it more than I think I have ever enjoyed a salad before. I'm actually feeling quite full and I'm only half way through.

I've set the Airfryer up although not used it yet. Might try some swede wedges/fries tomorrow for tea with something like chilli. It looks simple enough to use. Can't wait til I can cook potatoes in it mind you.

Yea hoping the scales go down for u, ive tweaked myfitnesspal aswell. Im losing on just over 850 calories a day, didnt no 650 was the limit, but my carbs are quite low though and thats the important bit. Im actually craving vegetables everyday now. Your tea sounds yummy! In a few months u can try potatoes, id love to try apple, parsnips or carrot chips in future.

How did the eatig go today?

Are you trying to stay ketogenic cos 70g carbs sound high to me, is that within the S&S guidelines? I'm thinking about moving to S&S next week. P'raps am conditioned by the Atkins diet which restricts carbs less than 70g. That's the diet I did before LT, when I lost a stone.

I've got tummy ache at the moment and still have 2 more meals to fit in somewhere. Looks like a shake and something else is the only way I'm going to do it as I'm not hungry.

850 is for maintaining or refeed or something I'm sure. Oh and if you are over 17 stone I think. I'll have to look next time I'm on my PC.

Here's hoping for a nice surprise tomorrow morning.

And yes, I just found a love of parsnips right before this so now I'm gutted I can't have any. Might make a mini Sunday dinner at the weekend with chicken and an oxo and whatever veg I can cook, like cauliflower and leek and swede. Mind you if I keep feeling bloated and full after each home made meal I may revert back to shakes for a few days in between til I settle again.

Finally managed to get a shake and a cottage pie down me. The banana shake is quite nice and the cottage pie tastes like thick veggie soup, but I put an oxo in a little boiling water and used that with it and it was actually really nice. Needed a bit of salt mind.

Not feeling so bloated and stretched now thankfully, so should sleep better than if I'd still got tummy ache.

Went to Tescos again tonight (Sainsbury's yesterday and now Tesco) and we spent ages looking at the back of packets and saying "nope, nope, deffo not, oh we can have these!"

The OH has lost another pound. I'm still up on my lowest reading 3 days ago. I haven't got back down to it as yet but there's still time.

Got to go to work tomorrow for a training day, so might just take a shake packet or soup & a bar with me, grab some porridge before I go and then have something warm for tea when I get home. I only bought 5 bars as I didn't think I'd need them, but in hind sight I should have bought a few more for when I'm out during the day and not able to make something up. Meh, I've got all weekend to work something out for when I'm back at work properly next week. At least I have a microwave in my office so I can make pretty much anything off my list then.

Well, off to bed in a mo as I'll have to be up early again in the morning for work :s and I've got to do my squats, sit ups and press ups when I get up. Feel tired just thinking about it.

Are you trying to stay ketogenic cos 70g carbs sound high to me, is that within the S&S guidelines? I'm thinking about moving to S&S next week. P'raps am conditioned by the Atkins diet which restricts carbs less than 70g. That's the diet I did before LT, when I lost a stone.

Yes, if you look at the S&S website meal planner it states no more an 70gs of carbs a day. I've not even got near that tbh in the 2 days I've been doing it, but I'm assuming if you go over that then you risk coming out of ketosis as it gives you like a traffic light system to show if you are close to coming out of it or if you are safely in ketosis.

Finally managed to get a shake and a cottage pie down me. The banana shake is quite nice and the cottage pie tastes like thick veggie soup, but I put an oxo in a little boiling water and used that with it and it was actually really nice. Needed a bit of salt mind.

Not feeling so bloated and stretched now thankfully, so should sleep better than if I'd still got tummy ache.

Went to Tescos again tonight (Sainsbury's yesterday and now Tesco) and we spent ages looking at the back of packets and saying "nope, nope, deffo not, oh we can have these!"

The OH has lost another pound. I'm still up on my lowest reading 3 days ago. I haven't got back down to it as yet but there's still time.

Got to go to work tomorrow for a training day, so might just take a shake packet or soup & a bar with me, grab some porridge before I go and then have something warm for tea when I get home. I only bought 5 bars as I didn't think I'd need them, but in hind sight I should have bought a few more for when I'm out during the day and not able to make something up. Meh, I've got all weekend to work something out for when I'm back at work properly next week. At least I have a microwave in my office so I can make pretty much anything off my list then.

Well, off to bed in a mo as I'll have to be up early again in the morning for work :s and I've got to do my squats, sit ups and press ups when I get up. Feel tired just thinking about it.

Sounds like u had an ok day, mmm that oxo cube idea sounds nice, may try it next time i get more cottage pie. I hate banana so wouldnt even try it in a shake but my sister loves it and says its thicker than the other shakes.

This diet really teaches us a lot about what to buy when out shopping as alot of foods contains hidden sugars so looking at the nutritional value is deffo a good thing to do. Your weight will eventually sort itself out as long as your following the strict guidelines, i also checked online and as long as your having 800 cals or less then its ok.

The bars are a good snack to take out with u incase u dont get a chance to have lunch, i only get 7 a week as only allowed 1 per day and i quite look forward to having it as not to feel deprived.

Im off to make a chunky veg and grilled chicken soup as a quest to get me feeling fuller after my meals and tomorrow will make an attempt at swede chips and have that with my chilli.

Back