Kuromi's big journey diary

Well after this mornings weigh in I really don't know what to make of my weight. It's still up on Mondays weight 3 days later. I've checked and double checked incase I'd eaten something wrong and today am even sticking to just their foods (apart from a slim rice as that chilli is lovely but way too strong for me on it's own). If I'm not down tomorrow morning I'll contact them and see if this is a common problem others have faced and what to try. Maybe I need to drop to 3 meals or something, as surely it can't keep going up on next to nothing? Someone else said on another forum that 40g of carbs I'd too much for them so they had to adjust something but I can't remember what they suggested. Although S&S set the limit at 70gs I've not been above 50 on any of the 3 days I've been on this, so it's not like I'm over my carb limit and my calories have not been over 650, and not below 550.

Frustrated much.

The OH is well chuffed as his modified diet has pretty much been one LT shake and a meal of his choice made up of low carb foods but not sticking to the 200g protein limit. Like now he's eating chicken and eggs, and yesterday had chicken and cheese yet his weight is going down at a pound a day since switching from 2 shakes a day. He's loosing more when eating than when he was on just LT.

Really frustrated that he didn't even want to do this diet and after much moaning is loosing more weight than me. *sigh*

Well after this mornings weigh in I really don't know what to make of my weight. It's still up on Mondays weight 3 days later. I've checked and double checked incase I'd eaten something wrong and today am even sticking to just their foods (apart from a slim rice as that chilli is lovely but way too strong for me on it's own). If I'm not down tomorrow morning I'll contact them and see if this is a common problem others have faced and what to try. Maybe I need to drop to 3 meals or something, as surely it can't keep going up on next to nothing? Someone else said on another forum that 40g of carbs I'd too much for them so they had to adjust something but I can't remember what they suggested. Although S&S set the limit at 70gs I've not been above 50 on any of the 3 days I've been on this, so it's not like I'm over my carb limit and my calories have not been over 650, and not below 550.

Frustrated much.

The OH is well chuffed as his modified diet has pretty much been one LT shake and a meal of his choice made up of low carb foods but not sticking to the 200g protein limit. Like now he's eating chicken and eggs, and yesterday had chicken and cheese yet his weight is going down at a pound a day since switching from 2 shakes a day. He's loosing more when eating than when he was on just LT.

Really frustrated that he didn't even want to do this diet and after much moaning is loosing more weight than me. *sigh*

Hmmm really weird, even though everyones body works differently, my weight kept going down even though i started eating straight after lipotrim.

Maybe give them a ring? Even though i no the weight will sort itself out eventually but i do no how frustrated you may feel. Your husband is a very lucky man, its so not fair than men losea quicker than women even on the same calories!! But atleast hes motivated now that he can eat. Even if hes not strict on the protein it still wont have much effect, ive been feeling really bad hunger and have been eating the extra odd egg or extra piece of chicken but my weight isnt being affect as protein is fine but i guess everyones different.

Hope the scales decides to be nice to u soon.

The only other thing I can think of is if I'm still getting no where is to drop to 2 of their meals a day and do 2 of my own as I get less carbs in my own stuff than in the packs from them. I'll see what tomorrow brings then from a plan of action based on if it's just a delay in my body adjusting or if ere seems to be an ongoing issue.

Well I rang S&S and it was a waste of time. They said they don't know anything about LT (you'd think they would research their competitors) so they cant give me much advice but to stick with their diet and drink plenty of water. I spent £158 on this food, of course I'm going to stick with it, otherwise it's yet another fad diet I've thrown money at and not followed.

Quite upset that I'm still 10.10 today. I should have just stayed on LT until my goal then used these foods for refeed. Infact if nothing changes next week I'm going to switch back as I can't carry on like this. I've gone from 1 stone 5 pound loss back up to a 1 stone loss and it took me ages to get that last half stone off as today is day 30 of dieting.

They also told me I shouldn't weigh myself every day but you know what, I'm glad I have as I'd be suicidal if I'd weighed myself in a week and found I'd gained 4 lbs and not lost a damn thing.

The only other thing I can think of is if I'm still getting no where is to drop to 2 of their meals a day and do 2 of my own as I get less carbs in my own stuff than in the packs from them. I'll see what tomorrow brings then from a plan of action based on if it's just a delay in my body adjusting or if ere seems to be an ongoing issue.

I think your body is learning to adjust to foods now, im sure it will sort itself out.

I am thinking that-and don't take react to this in a negative sense-you have more emotional work to do as regards your response to the numbers of the scales when you weigh. Our bodies are organic, living things, so as much as there is to read about carbs, fat and calorie levels, no-one really can tell you how your body will react. Our bodes react to the slightest differences, have different patterns and variations in compositions there's no hard and fast rules. Perhaps the thing to do is work out the bodies patterns, recording and tracking information to try to understand what's going on. Just because a diet food company tells you to stay below x number of carbs/calorie/insert appropriate measurement here, isn't necessarily a blueprint for every individual.

I am thinking that-and don't take react to this in a negative sense-you have more emotional work to do as regards your response to the numbers of the scales when you weigh. Our bodies are organic, living things, so as much as there is to read about carbs, fat and calorie levels, no-one really can tell you how your body will react. Our bodes react to the slightest differences, have different patterns and variations in compositions there's no hard and fast rules. Perhaps the thing to do is work out the bodies patterns, recording and tracking information to try to understand what's going on. Just because a diet food company tells you to stay below x number of carbs/calorie/insert appropriate measurement here, isn't necessarily a blueprint for every individual.

I am aware that I might be responding differently which us why I'd hoped they would give me some advice such as try lowering your carbs and upping your calories or something. I am just feeling down as I have been 100% the whole 30 days since I took the plunge and in 3 days my hard work has gone in reverse yet others keep posting "I fell off the wagon and ate everything in the fridge and still lost 4lbs this week". I don't want to sound like a child but it's unfair at times. I get that some weeks I'll STS or maybe gain a pound here or there but up to now any gains have generally been small and gone again after a few days. This is worrying me that if it keeps going up I'll have put everything back on within a few weeks.

Yes I might be panicking but surely you would too if you noticed that you had started going in reverse for no apparent reason with no understanding as to why?

I'm still not back to Tuesdays weight, but I'm getting closer. I read up and think it's due to eating solid foods again that's caused it.

Today I'm stuck in waiting for the landlord to come look at our electric so decided to play with my Airfryer. I got a quarter of a swede and peeled it, then chopped it into chip sized chunks, boiled them then tossed the "chips" in a sandwich bag with some fry light BBQ spray and some BBQ herbs then chucked them in the Airfryer for about 12 mins. Certainly good enough alternative for chips whilst on a low carb diet. I enjoyed them so will be making them again and trying different herbs next time to see what else I can make them taste off. Even the OH who usually won't touch any veg that isn't a potato tried one and agreed although they aren't traditional chips they are better than he expected.

Will put some seasoned chicken in there later too and see what that's like. Might even make some more "chips" being as I still have some veg allowance left. I see me eating a lot of swede this next few weeks.

The chips sound great, wish I liked swede! x

Sounds like your getting on ok now and getting into the swing of new changes, ive tried parsnip chips but i hate parsnips, it tasted horrible even with spicy seasonings on. May have to try the swede ones.

The chips sound great, wish I liked swede! x
i don't like swede but they don't taste like I remember swede tasting so you should try them, you might be surprised. The seasoning deffo helped though :)

Tam I really hope my body sorts itself out fairly soon. I think the switch has set me back by about a week. I was 10.8 3/4 this morning so assuming my over indulgence this afternoon when I made an omelette and made the mistake of logging it after I'd eaten it and then found out that I'd gone over my calories (but not the carbs luckily) hasn't done too much damage then I reckon I might see a 7 on the scale again about Monday/Tuesday.
The omelette was really nice but I assumed veggie sausages weren't as high calorie as they turned out to be so I made an omelette with 3 Linda McCartney sausages, 3 eggs (after putting all my other stuff in the eggs barely covered it so I had to add another), red, green, yellow & orange peppers, mushrooms, spring onions, sugar snap peas and bean sprouts. It was so yummy but even a little of each veg made quite a large omelette. If the OH would have helped eat it or I could have re-heated it I would have cut it in half and saved some, but I thought sod it, I've waited 5 days for my weight to sort itself out a few extra calories won't hurt as a one off and so I ate it all. It was really yummy but after I was rather stuffed so next time I will be more mindful of how much it's actually making as it didn't seem a lot when I was chopping tiny bits of everything up but it went along way.
Lesson learnt for next time.

I wish we could have parsnips as I love them but they are quite high in carbs, although if you believe the back of the Aunt Bessies pack theirs aren't apparently. I think they might be telling porkies though as every other parsnip is quite high in carbs.

i don't like swede but they don't taste like I remember swede tasting so you should try them, you might be surprised. The seasoning deffo helped though :)

Tam I really hope my body sorts itself out fairly soon. I think the switch has set me back by about a week. I was 10.8 3/4 this morning so assuming my over indulgence this afternoon when I made an omelette and made the mistake of logging it after I'd eaten it and then found out that I'd gone over my calories (but not the carbs luckily) hasn't done too much damage then I reckon I might see a 7 on the scale again about Monday/Tuesday.
The omelette was really nice but I assumed veggie sausages weren't as high calorie as they turned out to be so I made an omelette with 3 Linda McCartney sausages, 3 eggs (after putting all my other stuff in the eggs barely covered it so I had to add another), red, green, yellow & orange peppers, mushrooms, spring onions, sugar snap peas and bean sprouts. It was so yummy but even a little of each veg made quite a large omelette. If the OH would have helped eat it or I could have re-heated it I would have cut it in half and saved some, but I thought sod it, I've waited 5 days for my weight to sort itself out a few extra calories won't hurt as a one off and so I ate it all. It was really yummy but after I was rather stuffed so next time I will be more mindful of how much it's actually making as it didn't seem a lot when I was chopping tiny bits of everything up but it went along way.
Lesson learnt for next time.

I wish we could have parsnips as I love them but they are quite high in carbs, although if you believe the back of the Aunt Bessies pack theirs aren't apparently. I think they might be telling porkies though as every other parsnip is quite high in carbs.

I just no that your body will let the extra weight go soon, frustrated i no but it will go, and the extra protein wont hurt u hun, i no i shouldnt of being doing this but im too lazy to weigh out my veggies and protein so if im making a chicken breast i just have 1 from the packet without much thought, its only chicken breast, and this diet is about teaching us about healthy eating and as long as the carbs are low then things should be fine, ive been eating as much veggies as i like with dinner. havent tried sausages yet though but i looooove linda mcartney ones, they taste flavoursome and like real meat!! They do contain rusk though which has carbs, the quorn ones seem safe to me though, 50 calories each and lots of protein just not as nice, im trying to remember, i think linda mcartneys are 101 calories each and quite high in fat, id be careful with those next time or have just 1 or 2 but you should be fine.

I thought parsnips were allowed hope i didnt ruin anything, will stop eating them even though i dont like them that much as its got this distinctive flavour that i cant get my head around, i also hate celery but i love any other veggies. it would be a shame gaining weight by eating something you dont like.

Went on the scale yesterday, dont no what posessed me to do it and i was 4lbs up but then totm started too so im putting it down to that, this will teach me to stop scale hopping.

Hoping next week will make u happier. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm 10.11 3/4 this morning. Trying to work out what days I've dipped and when it's gone up again. I reckon that more than the LT allowance is screwing with me atm, and the days where I had closer to the LT allowance I went down the next morning. I think I may have to cut down to either 2 S&S packs and a meal or 3 packs and some veg and see what happens. I know is not recommended but it's the only pattern I can see that makes sense.

Also I've ordered some ketosis sticks as I have none so don't know if I've even been knocked out of ketosis in the switch which could explain something. My chemist don't have any and told me they'd get some but didn't.

I've decided today that I'm going to use the Hollywood miracle diet and see what happens in the next 24 hours. That way if it is food weight it should go back down to about 10.7 or maybe even lower then I can try 3 meals and see if it maintains the lower weight. I might have some chicken later for supper just so I'm not really low on calories as the Hollywood diet has 100 cals and 25g carbs and that's about it. I'm not advocating this to anyone else btw nor have I sought advice, this is purely me experimenting to see if it kick starts the loss again.

On Sunday I only had the Hollywood juice and some chicken for supper and during the day my weight went down to 10.8 something, then yesterday I was 10.9 1/2 again and today I was 10.8 on the dot. I've been drinking loads everyday (6 litres on Sunday) so can't understand why I'd still be retaining water, although I'm still on my TOTM so maybe that's affecting stuff.

On the plus side I'm changing contraception next week which should stop all this TOTM rubbish (and my weight may go down a further few pounds over the next few months as long periods on the depo is known to cause weight gain of up to 6.6lbs on average allegedly) and also I've done 2 days at the gym. I've not done a huge amount as it's first time back since surgery but I did 2 miles yesterday and 2.17 miles today in half an hour, so my distance is going up a little each day and earning me a further 300 or so calories a day in weight loss (supposedly).

Maybe tomorrow I'll be back down to 10.7 which is where I was last Tuesday before all this silly weight gain screwed me up.

Had 4 pairs of jeans taken in today which has made me a little happier and my stomach is looking a bit flatter. Now I need to shift the jelly belly wobble and I'll be happier still. I don't think my thighs rub as much when I walk either (I noticed when on the treadmill earlier).

I'm sticking to 3 meals at the moment but adding a few bits rather than going for 4. Yesterday I had porridge, soup and spaghetti with some turkey meatballs. Today I've had porridge and soup and not decided what to have for tea as yet. Once I can see that my weight has stabilised again and is going back down then I'll look at going back to 4 meals and see if it affects anything and if so drop it back to 3, but I'd like a few days of seeing those numbers first rather than 10.11 so I'm comfortable that I'm back down properly and it's not water weight or something other again. I don't want this again as it's really wound me up and made me feel lime I've set myself up to fail and put my progress back. I think if it had happened after a while of the same diet I'd have accepted it was water weight, but being as it coincided with the switch it really screwed me up that I should have stayed with LT and I'd wasted all my money and so on. I also don't think it's helping that I've had 3 periods in 5.5 weeks as that is making me feel rubbish and bloated so my mood is low anyway because of that without weight gain adding to it.

The OH is happy as on Sunday he went against all my advice and nagging and had 2 pints of ale and a sandwich and has lost a further 2 lbs. I hate him sometimes.

On Sunday I only had the Hollywood juice and some chicken for supper and during the day my weight went down to 10.8 something, then yesterday I was 10.9 1/2 again and today I was 10.8 on the dot. I've been drinking loads everyday (6 litres on Sunday) so can't understand why I'd still be retaining water, although I'm still on my TOTM so maybe that's affecting stuff. On the plus side I'm changing contraception next week which should stop all this TOTM rubbish (and my weight may go down a further few pounds over the next few months as long periods on the depo is known to cause weight gain of up to 6.6lbs on average allegedly) and also I've done 2 days at the gym. I've not done a huge amount as it's first time back since surgery but I did 2 miles yesterday and 2.17 miles today in half an hour, so my distance is going up a little each day and earning me a further 300 or so calories a day in weight loss (supposedly). Maybe tomorrow I'll be back down to 10.7 which is where I was last Tuesday before all this silly weight gain screwed me up. Had 4 pairs of jeans taken in today which has made me a little happier and my stomach is looking a bit flatter. Now I need to shift the jelly belly wobble and I'll be happier still. I don't think my thighs rub as much when I walk either (I noticed when on the treadmill earlier). I'm sticking to 3 meals at the moment but adding a few bits rather than going for 4. Yesterday I had porridge, soup and spaghetti with some turkey meatballs. Today I've had porridge and soup and not decided what to have for tea as yet. Once I can see that my weight has stabilised again and is going back down then I'll look at going back to 4 meals and see if it affects anything and if so drop it back to 3, but I'd like a few days of seeing those numbers first rather than 10.11 so I'm comfortable that I'm back down properly and it's not water weight or something other again. I don't want this again as it's really wound me up and made me feel lime I've set myself up to fail and put my progress back. I think if it had happened after a while of the same diet I'd have accepted it was water weight, but being as it coincided with the switch it really screwed me up that I should have stayed with LT and I'd wasted all my money and so on. I also don't think it's helping that I've had 3 periods in 5.5 weeks as that is making me feel rubbish and bloated so my mood is low anyway because of that without weight gain adding to it. The OH is happy as on Sunday he went against all my advice and nagging and had 2 pints of ale and a sandwich and has lost a further 2 lbs. I hate him sometimes.

Sounds like u did a lot of adjusting hun. But if its working for u then dont see how it would hurt. Your probably right, it could be your period causing all this, i had the implant before and even when i ate healthily i was still gaining weight, so annoying, ive also gor friends on the injection that has gained tonnes of weight. Sad really. Your OH is lucky to be dropping the pounds! Keep going, atleast your trying. Xx

He's infuriating as he's pretty much just doing what he wants and it's working for him whereas I'm trying so hard and I'm stuck.

Well I guess my guesstimation of getting back to last Tuesdays lowest weight is about on course as I'm currently 1/2 pound off matching it. I'm hoping tomorrow I've gone down and not up again and this is the end of it. I don't want to quit as I'm determined to be thin by the works Christmas party as there are a few other girls that are taller, pretty, gym bunnies and thin and I always felt so out of place next to them so this year if I can't grow taller I'd at least like to be thin so I can feel like I deserve to get dressed up and go out rather than hiding behind baggy tops and large jumpers hanging out in the dark. No one at work has seen me outside of my uniform since starting my diet as yet so I'm hoping to really wow everyone this year.

Will get another gym session in tomorrow and that's another 300 calories burnt so hoping this will help matters along a bit too. Doing running so it's cardio rather than muscle building.

He's infuriating as he's pretty much just doing what he wants and it's working for him whereas I'm trying so hard and I'm stuck. Well I guess my guesstimation of getting back to last Tuesdays lowest weight is about on course as I'm currently 1/2 pound off matching it. I'm hoping tomorrow I've gone down and not up again and this is the end of it. I don't want to quit as I'm determined to be thin by the works Christmas party as there are a few other girls that are taller, pretty, gym bunnies and thin and I always felt so out of place next to them so this year if I can't grow taller I'd at least like to be thin so I can feel like I deserve to get dressed up and go out rather than hiding behind baggy tops and large jumpers hanging out in the dark. No one at work has seen me outside of my uniform since starting my diet as yet so I'm hoping to really wow everyone this year. Will get another gym session in tomorrow and that's another 300 calories burnt so hoping this will help matters along a bit too. Doing running so it's cardio rather than muscle building.

Yea i think its a man thing, all they need to do is change one thing then everything falls into place, they dont have to worry about totm and water retention issues like us ladies.

I no what u mean about feeling out of place, i swear im being ungrateful as im so tall and have always wished to be shorter like most women so i can wear higher heels but i should count my height as a blessing because god knows how fat id look if i was shorter especially when i weighed alot more. But keep working at it, i can see that your a fighter and you deserve to get good losses as youve tried and put effort into this, not to mention money, so its a must that it has to be done. Im sure if u stick with it youll see the results eventually. Either way when your all glammed up people will see the difference in your body shape as youll be dressed up out of work uniform. Thats something to look forward to

Ohh the gym will help u out too. Burning 300 calories plus your only consuming less than 800 a day is a big help to get those lbs shifting.

Ive been mostly working on my arms and stomach, time to work on lower body now.

Hey Kuromi, I've been dragging my heels about writing this but I can see you're struggling so I'll just tell you a little bit of my story if that's okay?

Two years ago I was so near Goal I could smell it, I was flirting with size 10 (at 5'8") and cruising along, going to the gym, the whole nine yards and gearing up for maintenance .... Then my weight loss stopped. In fact despite 100% SS I started gaining a pound here and a pound there. I phoned old buddies on CD, my sister, a diet guru (Lawrence - Dual Dynamics), my GP (!) and no one could figure it out. I was slowly going nuts and after 2 months I was so demoralised I gave up (hang on: there is a point to this story!) It took a further YEAR for me to discover.... I had an ovarian cyst! Probably more than one ... I'd never had them before but of course some can be huge .... And all that fluid had weight!! Sadly i let my 'demons' get me and by that point was stuffing my gob in consolation. It's taken 2 years and 9 stone extra (at my heaviest) to come back.

Please, please don't give up. You have the determination and dedication to change your life and you're doing it. Sure, something is masking your loss right now - that's right: Masking it. But you're still losing and doing your internal organs a world of good. Are you drinking too much water? Maybe. Are your hormones urging your body to frantically shore up your glycemic stores? Maybe. Could you be retaining water (which, for all you know your body does at this time of year/month/temperature/century but how would you know? You've never been monitoring like this before)? Maybe. Could it be a cyst? Maybe (to oversimplify they're glorified 'boils', minus the puss/yuk factor, disgusting but no big deal). My long winded point is: some of us have been where you are and regretted not fighting through, so I wish you every success with hanging in there, and please know: you're not alone xxxx

Thank tou for that, it is reassuring to know that someone else has been driven to distraction by something unexplained. I'm pretty sure I wrote this on someone else's thread and not mine, so apologies if I'm repeating myself - I am a control freak. I like to read up and understand things and every new venture I undertake is scrutinised for reviews, experiences, Information, facts etc. I'm not saying I'm not spontaneous and never do things without thinking about it as I often do that, but I will go ahead or agree to do something then feel this need to interrogate everything I can find on the matter so I understand exactly what is going on, so when something happens that I can't answer or explain it totally screws me up.

I'm in for a screening tomorrow as my doctor has told me they want me off the depo and after much thought (read as visiting 3 doctors and a sexual health clinic for my information and their opinions) on the matter I have decided to let them give me a coil. I'm hoping this means if something untoward is going on down south it will be identified during either the swabs or the actual procedure. Due to me having various TOTM related issues and currently being on hormone tablets this may be affecting my weight loss but not being able to run some test and get some kind of answer does not help someone such as myself.

I'm an all or nothing kind of person and if something interests me, I give it 150% and am like a Rottweiler with a toy! I won't let up and am relentless. However, if I take my finger off the pulse or things start to not work then I throw in the towel and walk away very easily as I loose total interest.

I'm trying very hard to keep in this zone as the day I stop obsessing about this and the daily weighing and the constant worrying is the day I've lost the battle. The day I walk away. The day my weight wins and my battle against the bulge is lost.

I'm hoping this information about me explains to those of you who are thinking "jeez get a grip, we all gain weight sometimes, get over it and stop whinging" why I am the way I am and why I sometimes can seem quite down/low/negative/obsessed about it as it is a big deal to me. Yes I know the battle is a long one, and if I'm dedicated to a lighter life then I'll shut up and put up, but if I sit back and think "stuff this, I'm not going to weight myself and I'm going to relax about the whole thing" I know I'll end up quitting the fight.

Today's weight is 10.8 1/4. Not as good as I'd hoped as I thought it would have dropped over night to under 10.8 which I was yesterday. Maybe I'm weighing myself too early as it's less than 12 hours since I last ate and drank so technically I'm not the lightest I could be at 6:30am. I've found on a weekend if I weight myself early early then again mid afternoon I've normally gone down about 1 pound. I did another 2 miles today. I didn't want to run as I feel lousy due to my period still being persistent despite medication to stop it, so rather than pushing myself to do half an hour and get as far as possible she. I knew I wouldn't give it my best, I decided to do 2 miles as quick as possible so I could have a hot shower as I fancied that more than pounding the revolving rubber. I managed it in 25 mins so shaved off another 285 calories. I'm not eating extra because I'm exercising as I'm hoping it's coming off my fat instead. Hoping to just have the 3 meals today. I ended up eating 4 times yesterday but 2 were small meals, one was just chicken pieces then a little later I made an egg white omelette with half a slice of cheese as I was still hungry. The OH is grilling so e chicken now, so hoping I can hold out after that and not feel hungry.

I've ordered some 5 HTP capsules off Amazon. I read they help improve your mood, reduce hunger and improve sleep. All things I can happily accept help with. According to the ingredients online it doesn't look like they contain any sugars, fillers etc so hoping they won't affect my diet.

My ketosis stick still haven't arrived. Bit annoyed as I wanted to make sure I'm in ketosis. I know there's no reason I shouldn't be, but due to my current circumstances I want to be reassured that I'm doing everything right as much as possible.

I don't know if I'm drinking too much water, not enough water or anything. I'm sticking to my daily recommended amount of 3 litres and people suggest I might be retaining water, so I up my intake then someone else will say I must be drinking too much. I look forward to the day technology is further advanced and we can be screened and told exactly now many calories we burn during the day so we know how many to eat, how dehydrated we are as to how much water we need, how much sleep we need etc etc.

Back