Lauras Diary of Incubating

Oh Laura am so sorry to hear that.. I thought she was doing great and beating the son of a *****!
Does she know or have the hospital spoke to your son/her next of kin first??
When they told my sister about how bad my Mam was they said they don't recommend telling a patient if its that bad as usually the patient gives up the fight.. But that's St. James' Hospital in Dublin.. I know every hospital/doctor has their own theory on it..
Hopefully she responds better to the new treatment.. What has she had? Chemo?
And what's the new treatment? xxx

The new treatment is just a different type of chemo as far as I know.

I popped out to meet hubby and get the food shop in, I just supervised as didn't wanna look at anything. Got home at 5p.m and hubby told me to go to bed for an hour. Really needed that nap, feel a bit more human now. He's headed off at 6p.m to see his mom, so we'll see the story once he gets home.

DS is in bed, DD is going in a minute and then I am going to bed shortly after that. I think my MS is worse when I am tired so bed early from now on. I've also got some belvita for beside my bed that I'll be eating once I open my eyes in the morning.

My mom is taking my DD tomorrow after school because she has my brothers kids and she said one more wouldn't make a difference lol, so once DS goes to bed I'll be jumping into my bed. So thats the plan of my exciting life :D

The new treatment is just a different type of chemo as far as I know.

I popped out to meet hubby and get the food shop in, I just supervised as didn't wanna look at anything. Got home at 5p.m and hubby told me to go to bed for an hour. Really needed that nap, feel a bit more human now. He's headed off at 6p.m to see his mom, so we'll see the story once he gets home.

DS is in bed, DD is going in a minute and then I am going to bed shortly after that. I think my MS is worse when I am tired so bed early from now on. I've also got some belvita for beside my bed that I'll be eating once I open my eyes in the morning.

My mom is taking my DD tomorrow after school because she has my brothers kids and she said one more wouldn't make a difference lol, so once DS goes to bed I'll be jumping into my bed. So thats the plan of my exciting life :D

Glad you're feeling better after a little sleep. Tiredness absolutely makes ms worse. Don't even open your eyes in the morning, keep laid down, eyes closed and reach over for your bel vitas and nibble slowly sipping water.

Glad you're feeling better after a little sleep. Tiredness absolutely makes ms worse. Don't even open your eyes in the morning, keep laid down, eyes closed and reach over for your bel vitas and nibble slowly sipping water.

Will do Tracy thanks xx

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. Fingers crossed the new treatment will work. Take care of yourself xx

Morning lovely, did my trick with your belvitas work?
How's u this morning.

Hope you're all as ok as can be. Sending love.

Morning lovely, did my trick with your belvitas work?
How's u this morning.

Hope you're all as ok as can be. Sending love.

No unfortunately it didn't. It didn't work when I used to do that with my daughter either. But its probably better throwing something up than just stomach acid! Had a really busy day, just sitting down now, I had 2 dinners today as well and about 5 or 6 mint humbugs. I just need to keep eating to fell anyway human at all, I still feel constant nauseous but its not as intense and stops the vomiting. Got a quick walk in as well, had to run to catch up with my hubby at one stage and my belly was wobbling :eek:, I've definately put on a ton of weight!! But sure I'll lose it all AGAIN when I've had this little one.

Visited MIL today and she is in good spirits and is praying this treatment works for her. I really hope so too. Hubby is going up again tomorrow, think he's more worried this time, he is visiting her everyday. I hope she is okay xx

No unfortunately it didn't. It didn't work when I used to do that with my daughter either. But its probably better throwing something up than just stomach acid! Had a really busy day, just sitting down now, I had 2 dinners today as well and about 5 or 6 mint humbugs. I just need to keep eating to fell anyway human at all, I still feel constant nauseous but its not as intense and stops the vomiting. Got a quick walk in as well, had to run to catch up with my hubby at one stage and my belly was wobbling :eek:, I've definately put on a ton of weight!! But sure I'll lose it all AGAIN when I've had this little one.

Visited MIL today and she is in good spirits and is praying this treatment works for her. I really hope so too. Hubby is going up again tomorrow, think he's more worried this time, he is visiting her everyday. I hope she is okay xx

It didn't work for me either:) it's so stupid isn't it the way it hits you as soon as you wake? I was still throwing up whilst I was in labour but mine was severe. I remember getting home a few hours after and sitting down to roast chicken and salad it was the first proper good meal I'd had for months, then I used to have to remind myself all the time 'no I don't feel sick' I used to drive a really old VW beetle (Petey) but I had to sell it whilst pregnant because the petrol tank was at the front the fumes were intense and made me so sick I couldn't drive it:(. Whenever Mr M polishes my van now with the same polish he used on Petey it reminds me of feeling sick and I can't listen to an album I used to listen to in it. I also still can't drink tea or stand the smell of it but that was from being pregnant 9 years ago with my son. It's amazing the hold it still has even now. Silly really what the brain processes and relates things to.

My beautiful bug. I miss it so much. I used to see the girl who bought it driving it most days but she's sold it now and he's gone up north somewhere:(

Attachments

• image-2850738950.jpg
    image-2850738950.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 22
Aww your car was so cute.

I was sick with my DS for the whole 9 months, but could still keep down most things. But I remember coming home from the hospital straight in the door and making Beef and Guiness stew!! I missed it so much, couldn't stomach it while pregnant, it was bloody gorgeous that day. Was so weird though not bringing baby home with me though, weird getting up to pump in the middle of the night but not have a baby to look at. But I did get well rested lol.

Ugh I feel awful this morning, really tired which is making the sickness worse. But wouldn't change it for anything. Gonna head to town in a minute to get some bits and pieces. If I'm still tired when I get home I'm gonna go to bed for a nap. x

Aww your car was so cute.

I was sick with my DS for the whole 9 months, but could still keep down most things. But I remember coming home from the hospital straight in the door and making Beef and Guiness stew!! I missed it so much, couldn't stomach it while pregnant, it was bloody gorgeous that day. Was so weird though not bringing baby home with me though, weird getting up to pump in the middle of the night but not have a baby to look at. But I did get well rested lol.

I replied to this last night, dunno where my replies gone or what I said now though. :(

Ugh hate when that happens! How are you today?

I'm good, buzzing from the exercise I've got a class tonight too. I love being in the zone but I go through fazes, just wish it could be permanent. I'm actually looking forward to WI on Monday (as long as I can be good through the weekend) but we all know how exercise effects the scales with me but I know how hard I've worked so I'm not too bothered.

I'm good, buzzing from the exercise I've got a class tonight too. I love being in the zone but I go through fazes, just wish it could be permanent. I'm actually looking forward to WI on Monday (as long as I can be good through the weekend) but we all know how exercise effects the scales with me but I know how hard I've worked so I'm not too bothered.

I hope you see what you want on the scales Tracy, you deserve a good loss x

I just wish every week coulda be like this one though, it's up to me to make sure it is but it's so hard.

I know its hard Tracy, but sure you can only live in the here and now and you are doing great now!! I'm proud of you xx

On the other hand I have turned into a lazy lump. I am so tired still. I'm gonna have to start to consciously try and eat better though. I'm grabbing quick stuff at the minute, not really enjoying it but anything to get rid of the sickness. Maybe a fruit salad in the fridge might help! My sketchers arrived today so I'm gonna start back into the walking now too.

I know its hard Tracy, but sure you can only live in the here and now and you are doing great now!! I'm proud of you xx

On the other hand I have turned into a lazy lump. I am so tired still. I'm gonna have to start to consciously try and eat better though. I'm grabbing quick stuff at the minute, not really enjoying it but anything to get rid of the sickness. Maybe a fruit salad in the fridge might help! My sketchers arrived today so I'm gonna start back into the walking now too.

Oooo you got your sketchers. Are you happy with them? Maybe a bit of walking will take your mind off of feeling sick? The tiredness is always a killer in the first tri, that'll absolutely ease off soon but you must rest when your body tells you to. Ah I'm dead excited for you.:)

8+3

Oooo you got your sketchers. Are you happy with them? Maybe a bit of walking will take your mind off of feeling sick? The tiredness is always a killer in the first tri, that'll absolutely ease off soon but you must rest when your body tells you to. Ah I'm dead excited for you.:)

Yip I got them, they are so comfy, really really comfy in fact. They are a little big though but I'm a half size so expected them a little big, my feet will probably swell anyway when I get futher along so they'll be fine. I just need to get out and exercise now in them. Got a little walk in today but had kids with me so wasn't too fast.

Met mom today for lunch and had Handmade cod goujons with lime and coriander mayonaise, large tossed salad and chips. Ate about 3 chips, there was far too much food, the goujons were lovely thick chunks of cod.

Still feeling very very nauseous and have been sick twice today. Could do with a nap but hubby is away to the hospital early and probably won't be back till later. I could do with a wee break to be honest but sure what can I do.

Hope everyone else is well xx

8+4 - SUNDAY

Hiya all, miserable day here, the rain is bucketing down!

In pregnancy news - over the last few days my Morning Sickness is getting worse. I am now throwing up about 3 times a day and feeling very nauseous the rest of the time. I make myself eat after I'm physically sick, then 2mins later I feel extremely sick again. I am managing to keep down most of my food though. Ice-pops seem to be the only thing that settles me for longer. Supersplits seem to be the ice-pop of choice at the minute, strawberry ones. I must get some Mr Freezes later. Tiredness is still quite strong too, but other than that I'm grand lol.

Heading to moms later for our dinner. I'm hoping that I can refain from being sick while I'm there. I'm dying to tell her but hubby is determined to get to as near as the 12 weeks as possible before telling everyone. I really really wanna tell my friends!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend xx

Ohh and did I mention I've a real notion for a cheese burger....I just want the meat, the cheese and bap, no salad, no onions and no red sauce!! Whats that all about. With my DD I craved orange juice, the fresh type. With my son I craved rice and chicken...so I don't know what a burger means lol.

Ohh and mom has rang, she says she'd like to watch the kids this evening so we can go to the cinema :D.

Food today

BREAKFAST
Sausage sandwich - hubby made me

SNACK
strawberry super split ice-cream

Back