Lauras Diary of Incubating

At your height I think a size 8 would be far too small for you, but I guess its up to you. I hope you feel better about yourself. You look great on Facebook and I can't see how you think you are massive (()) xx

My sister is size 8. I guess a 10 would even be nice. Feel very broad and just really big iykwim!? Ugh.

My sister is size 8. I guess a 10 would even be nice. Feel very broad and just really big iykwim!? Ugh.

But sure Sarah your sister is a different person. I don't think its a good idea to model yourself on someone else, everyone carries weight differently. I used to do this too, but realised even at the same weight we looked completely different. Hope you feel better soon and see what others see

My god my eating is getting worse and worse, I just cannot stomach very much. My husband is force feeding me toast and its just not apetising anymore! We went out for dinner after a walk along the beach. Dinner was yummy, chicken in stirfried veg stuffed in a pitta pocket with chilli creme fraiche on the side. Was yummy and I ate most of it, but now the thought of it is turning my stomach. I need to eat more fruit and veg, which I can't seem to look at either. Apples seem to be the only thing I find appealing. Hoping this feeling goes away soon, I really wanted to be super healthy with this pregnancy. I'm so scared this baby will be born ill like my others and taken away from me to neonatal!!! The doctors assured me there was nothing I did that caused anything to happen, but I'd feel better if I could give this baby everything for a good start to life.

The only comfort I had with my children was that the doctor says breastfeeding saved my children, especially my daughter. So I'll be doing my damnest to do that again this time too.

Thanks for the kind words hon... I appreciate it xx

Oh hon... you can't help it if you feel ill with certain foods. It does happen. As long as you are eating enough... that's the first hurdle... it sounds like you can't manage much at all? :(
I'm sure baby won't want mummy to be stressed out either... you take it easy hon xx

My god my eating is getting worse and worse, I just cannot stomach very much. My husband is force feeding me toast and its just not apetising anymore! We went out for dinner after a walk along the beach. Dinner was yummy, chicken in stirfried veg stuffed in a pitta pocket with chilli creme fraiche on the side. Was yummy and I ate most of it, but now the thought of it is turning my stomach. I need to eat more fruit and veg, which I can't seem to look at either. Apples seem to be the only thing I find appealing. Hoping this feeling goes away soon, I really wanted to be super healthy with this pregnancy. I'm so scared this baby will be born ill like my others and taken away from me to neonatal!!! The doctors assured me there was nothing I did that caused anything to happen, but I'd feel better if I could give this baby everything for a good start to life.

The only comfort I had with my children was that the doctor says breastfeeding saved my children, especially my daughter. So I'll be doing my damnest to do that again this time too.

Laura the healthiest you can possibly be is if you eat what you want and can manage at the mo, when the sickness/nausea calms down then you can concentrate on getting some of the 'good stuff' inside but until then just eat what you want when you want.

Hubby bought me non alcoholic beer, just had one and its the nicest thing I've had in weeks lol.

Thanks Tracy. Think its over thinking it since I've been doing ww for so long and this feels like I'm eating alot of pp for little food.

I am feeling grand though if I don't think about eating which is good

Had my 'booking in' appointment today. Just had bloods taken, urine checked and all the forms filled in. I've to go back in 4 weeks for another midwife appointment to see if they can hear the babies heartbeat eeeekkkk. They've sent away forms too for my first scan which are now usually done in the hospital at around 12 weeks (they used to be done in the town clinic on the tiniest scan machine you've ever seen), but the nurse thinks I might get one a bit early with my history...I won't hold my breath.

Woke up this morning and was really sick, manage half a cheese toastie hubby made for me and drank some ginger ale which helped. Didn't want anything except cheese puffs for lunch so had half a big bag of them and more ginger ale. Ginger ale seems to be the way forward lol. I'm considering having a nap now :cool:, think I deserve it after all my cleaning, washing and walk to clinic this morning xx

Laura do you have an iPhone?? I posted the name of an app where you can listen to your baby's heartbeat... Sounds amazing.. Its €1.89 for the app and you can use it as often as you like :) Obviously you need to wait til I think its 8 weeks (but you must be at least nearly that now??)

Laura do you have an iPhone?? I posted the name of an app where you can listen to your baby's heartbeat... Sounds amazing.. Its €1.89 for the app and you can use it as often as you like :) Obviously you need to wait til I think its 8 weeks (but you must be at least nearly that now??)

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow, but I have a samsung ace phone so don't think it'll work on that.

I made lasagna and its bloody gorgeous, I can see alot of lasagna in my immediate future lol x

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow, but I have a samsung ace phone so don't think it'll work on that.

I made lasagna and its bloody gorgeous, I can see alot of lasagna in my immediate future lol x
:( No.. There's no Android version yet.. boo to that...

:( No.. There's no Android version yet.. boo to that...

I don't mind, I think I'd be obsessed if I could hear the baby. I'm trying to not really think too much about it till I get my scan.

How's you?

To be honest Tracy, today I'm not too good. I'm really really sick. Only been sick twice but feel it all the time!! I really really wanna crawl into bed and stay there for a week. Other than that I'm grand haha. How are you?

To be honest Tracy, today I'm not too good. I'm really really sick. Only been sick twice but feel it all the time!! I really really wanna crawl into bed and stay there for a week. Other than that I'm grand haha. How are you?

Oh no Laura.. Sorry to hear that.. Big hugs.. Will you get a chance to get yer head down when the little man goes for his nap?? x

Oh no Laura.. Sorry to hear that.. Big hugs.. Will you get a chance to get yer head down when the little man goes for his nap?? x

Oh no, I know there's nothing I can say to help but I agree with Francis you should try and nap later. I find that feeling sick is worse than actually being sick isn't it? So horrid. Big hugs. I'm sure it'll soon pass.

OMG just got news. MIL's chemo is not working, they have one other option in treatment but they don't hold out much hope! Its so upsetting. I don't know what to do! I can't stop crying and we don't know if we should tell her about the pregnancy.

OMG just got news. MIL's chemo is not working, they have one other option in treatment but they don't hold out much hope! Its so upsetting. I don't know what to do! I can't stop crying and we don't know if we should tell her about the pregnancy.

Oh my word hon. That is terrible news! Try to stay positive. There is still one other option. How is your MIL taking the news? I'm so sorry hon... sending love and hugs xXx

Oh no, that's awful. Bloody cancer, I just keep praying they hurry and find a cure soon. I know 4 people my age who've died this year form breast cancer it's so horrific. Shes got leukaemia hasn't she? When will they try the new treatment? What is the new treatment? It may surprise and work.

You're really going through it at the mo, sending massive hugs.

She has lymphoma, similiar to leukemia. This new treatment is just stronger, but they assured us the last treatment would work. Her cancer is far more aggressive than they've experienced before. I haven't spoken to her yet, my husband rang me from work. His voice sounded so small on the phone :(.

Back