laurenporkchop's food diary

Quick update before I forget. I went to Morrison's at lunch for some bits and bobs and bought a small wholemeal roll (HE). I had that as well with a little tin of spaghetti hoops as I was still hungry after my salad!
I also ate a pink n white (2.5 syns)

So the rolling syn value is 4.5!

Tea is apparently chicken dinner with carrot and swede mash, cabbage, green beans and new potatoes. Quite healthy then. Go Ma and Pa!!

Lauren
xx

Happy Thursday!

So tea was delicious, but a few more syns that I had hoped for.

Ma n Pa made a last minute change and we ended up having chicken in Homepride White Wine sauce.... it was a 500g can and I had a quarter of it so it works out at 5.5 syns.

I had potatoes, carrot and swede mash and cabbage with it, which was all free so that was good going.

So we're at 10 syns now.

I managed to resist pudding, which was a classic Yorkshire dish of 'bun n custard'!! Ahhhh I was so jealous watching everyone else eat it :jelous:

Instead I had some fresh pineapple. Which was also nice, but I doubt as good as bun. Nothing is as good as bun.

So yesterday was 10 syns. I'm pretty happy with that and had some tasty food during the day. I have just realised that I didn't have any HEA and now I feel a little deprived!! I will make sure I get some today :D

Lauren
xxx

Food plan for today:

Breakfast - fat free yoghurt and a bit of cereal (like a crunchy muesli thing) so I'm calling it 3 syns as there wasn't loads.

Luncheons - Subway salad (chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, onion, gherkins, sweet onion dressing (2 syns), spinkle of cheddar cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (2 syns) - this was delish)
I had a pink n white as pud (2.5 syns)

Tea - will be steak and jacket potatoes with salad. I'll try and keep it low on syns so I don't go over my allowance. Fingers crossed.

Lauren
xx

I really wish i worked in town, or near a subway, so i could get a subway salad. They sound awesome x

They are so good! We'll have to get one in town one day. Remember when we went to London and you all got subway sarnies and I bought a lame-ass salad from sainsburys and I could have had a Subway one. Wish I'd have known about them then!!

xxxx

Morning!

I ended up going to the supermarket and buying a whole cooked chicken for tea. While the boyf ate all the leg, thigh, wing, dark meat and skin (mmmm) I stuck with chicken breast which (I tell myself) was equally as nice. I had it with a slice of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf (HEB) and a big mixed salad. My only syns were tzatziki which I worked out at 2 syns. So 11.5 syns for Thursday, I'm happy with that :)

Plan for today....

Breakfast - fat free yoghurt, apple

Luncheons - leftover chicken, mixed salad, mediterranean cous cous (1.5 syns) and 3 x LC light (HEA)

Dinner - Starter is Asparagus wrapped in bacon (fat cut off) with chorizo (2.5 syns)
Main - Homemade chicken burgers, wholemeal bun (HEB), SW wedges, mixed salad. Definitely be having some condiments as well!
Dessert - 'Eton Mess' - Meringue nest (2.5 syns), Light squirty cream (1.5 syns) and fruit.

Sooo looking forward to this meal and seeing Rachel7896 and our friend Nicola. May even have a cheeky spell on ChatRoulette for the laughs :)

Lauren
xx

Oh my god porkchop your dinner sounds bloody amaze!!! Have fun on chatroulette haha ;)

And also, what is a pink and white?! I'm so intrigued! xx

ha thanks! tea was awesome, i really enjoyed it but definitely ate too many meringues, they're just so addictive!

pink n whites are like marshmallow sandwiches between two bits of wafer. They're delish and I have now discovered that if you bung them in the microwave they're even better : pink_n_whites

and only 2.5 syns too, check em out!!

xxxxxx

So the tea was lovely, but I definitely went a bit overboard with the meringues and squirty cream. Worth it though it was delish!! I think I'll probably guess at having my full syn allowance yesterday as I had chorizo with the chicken too.
Nicola brought chocolate cookies round as well but we resisted them so I'm taking it as a win :)

So Saturday...

Breakfast/Lunch (got up late) - beans on 2 x wholemeal bread (HEB) with 2 rashers of bacon with the fat cut off.

Tea - is going to be a curry that the boyf has prepared. He's used a pataks curry paste for part of it though so I've worked it out at about 3 syns for the amount I'll be having. I'll have it with rice, some fat free yoghurt (with some mint mixed in), a bit of salad and an onion dip that my boyf always makes. He also got a bag of those mini poppadoms, so I will probably be tempted by them as well!! Naan bread has been banned from the house!!

Snacks - kit kat (5.5 syns) and a fat free lemon yoghurt.

Drinks have been NAS juice, water and lemonade.

Fully expect to have a curry baby after this meal :D

Lauren
xx

Forgot about adding some pics...

god i love food.
xx

Attachments

• SAM_2102.jpg
    SAM_2102.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 84
  • SAM_2103.jpg
    SAM_2103.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 83
  • SAM_2104.jpg
    SAM_2104.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 85
Tea was good, but we had beef in the curry and I'm not a huge fan so I picked it out! The taste of it was nice though and I had it with a bit of FF yoghurt as it was quite spicy (classic boyf putting in whole chillis, seeds and all)

I concocted a weird and wonderful starter with some mushrooms and I must say... I really enjoyed it!

I put mushrooms, garam masala, tikki chilli powder, salt, pepper and fry light in a pan with a splash of water and got them cooking. Once the mushrooms were about half done I added a squidge of tomato puree and a bit more water.
So I suppose I made curried mushrooms! I will definitely be doing this again!

(photos of tea below - my house still stinks of curry this morning :sigh:)

So today's plan of food is:

Breakfast - Banana and an Alpen Bar

Luncheons - I am going on a cheeky drive to Meadowhall with my cousin so we will be having lunch out. I am going to try and pick a healthy option but god knows where we're end up going.

Tea - will probably be too full after eating out but might have a snack of some sort!

It's a few days before payday so I have minimal funds but my cousin has recently lost weight so we're going to find her lots of nice new clothes to show it off :) I shall probably just be window shopping.

Lauren
xx

Attachments

• SAM_2106.jpg
    SAM_2106.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 91
  • SAM_2108.jpg
    SAM_2108.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 93
Meadowhall was awesome, although was good and only had a mini splash out in Primarni and went out for lunch as well.

It all started so well! breakfast was as described... alpen bar and banana. awesome.

Lunch : starter was 3 lil chicken wings and 2 potato skins with bacon and sour cream. Main was a grilled chicken sandwich. I didn't eat the bread, and had a salad with it instead of chips. I think this is the first time I have ever done this, and I am proud of myself! I even scraped the plastic cheese off it! Diet Coke to drink and I was feeling smug

Then.... my cousin fancied an ice cream and then it all just got a bit exciting and I ended up having a McFlurry.

:sigh:

Oh well! It was loverly and I really enjoyed it. Yum!

No more food for me today so we'll just draw a line under the McFlurry incident....

I'm going to be weighing in on Wednesday and for my first week back doing this I'm just really hoping to not gain. A loss would be awesome but truth be told I've definitely found it hard this week to stick with the SW way after a fair few months off eating everything in sight. I feel like I'm getting back into it now though so hopefully my second week will be more successful. I just have to wean myself off condiments and bread and I'm sorted.

Lauren
xxx

Morning,

I slept goooooood last night :D

So the plan for today is:

Breakfast - Alpen Light (HEB), banana
Luncheons -Ham salad with a jacket potato and some ketchup (2 syns)
Dinner - Salmon, dauphinoise potatoes made with milk (HEA) green beans

Snacks - I have a FF yoghurt and some Quavers.

Lauren
xx

Hia Lauren,

I was just having a nosey through your diary... was wondering if you would mine sharing the recipe for dauphinoise potatoes? Btw... the peppercorn sauce turned out delish!

Hope you have had a good day xxx

Hey!
Peppercorn sauce looked delish! I'm jealous of your steak night!! Day has been good thank you, just glad to be home. Am been persuaded to watch Jurassic Park as I've never seen it. Soo cant be bothered :rolleyes:

So...For my dauphinoise I chop 2 cloves of garlic and put it in a flat dish (I usually use one of those square glass pyrex ones but you can use any over proof flat bottomed dish) with a bit fry light and some salt and pepper.

Then I peel and slice my potatoes thin (bit fatter that crisps) and layer them over the top. Every layer I put some more salt and pepper in there to make them taste good.

Layer them up to the top of the dish (normally about 5/6 layers) and then pour milk over it. Use enough milk to just come upto the top layer of the potatoes and move the dish around to make sure it's even. Depends on the type of dish you use but I probably used about 200ml of milk in mine tonight.

If you want to make it extra creamy, add a little bit of cheddar cheese in the layers - this tastes awesome.

The proper way to do it is as above but pour cream over instead. Then they taste much nicer, but obvs much naughtier. You could always use Elmlea cream as its lower fat.

Pop in the oven for about 45 mins until crispy brown on the top and soft all the way through. The majority of the milk will have cooked away but when you cut into them they'll be quite creamy and nice!

YUM!:D

Enjoy!!
xxxx

Not had such a bad day today. Seemed to be reeeaaally hungry when I was at work but kept the snacks healthy.

Monday food

Breakfast - Choc Alpen light (HEB) and a banana

Luncheons - spaghetti hoops on a little jacket potato, ham salad with mayo (2 syns)

Tea - Salmon with dauphinoise potatoes and green beans. Potatoes were made with milk (HEA) and some cheese (6 syns)

Snacks - Apple, fat free Raspberry and Cranberry jelly (0.5 syns), Fat free yoghurt, a few haribos (3 syns)

Syn Total - 11.5

Lauren
xx

Attachments

• SAM_2114.jpg
    SAM_2114.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 72
  • SAM_2115.jpg
    SAM_2115.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 77
Great food day today love! All your dinners sound delish!

Good luck with your weigh in on weds! xxx

Thank you! I'll update on Wednesday morning as I'll weigh in at my Mum n Dad's in the morn as I don't have scales at home!

Eeek
xx

Back