laurenporkchop's food diary

It's Tuesday!
How long has this week been and we're only on day 2? :sigh:

Been feeling a bit parp today, there's all sorts going round the office and am just feeling a bit run down.

Food-wise I've been okay today as I am saving myself for a chinese tonight!! Eeeeh chinese. Haven't had one in ages. No doubt I'll go over on my syns, but I'm going to try to be good.

So...

Breakfast : fat free strawberry yoghurt, banana, apple
Luncheons : Cheese salad (28g Gouda as my HEA) bag of quavers (4.5 syns), pot of Blackcurrant and Blueberry jelly (0.5 syns)
Dinner - CHINESE FEAST

Snacks - 2 mini cadburys caramel eggs 4 syns!! Whoops

Okay so I'm definitely going to go over my syn allowance for the day with whatever I eat tonight, but I'm just going to enjoy it and keep my fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow morning. As long as I STS I'll be chuffed.

Lauren
xx

Mmm Mushrooms

Tea was good, but we had beef in the curry and I'm not a huge fan so I picked it out! The taste of it was nice though and I had it with a bit of FF yoghurt as it was quite spicy (classic boyf putting in whole chillis, seeds and all)

I concocted a weird and wonderful starter with some mushrooms and I must say... I really enjoyed it!

I put mushrooms, garam masala, tikki chilli powder, salt, pepper and fry light in a pan with a splash of water and got them cooking. Once the mushrooms were about half done I added a squidge of tomato puree and a bit more water.
So I suppose I made curried mushrooms! I will definitely be doing this again!

(photos of tea below - my house still stinks of curry this morning :sigh:)

So today's plan of food is:

Breakfast - Banana and an Alpen Bar

Luncheons - I am going on a cheeky drive to Meadowhall with my cousin so we will be having lunch out. I am going to try and pick a healthy option but god knows where we're end up going.

Tea - will probably be too full after eating out but might have a snack of some sort!

It's a few days before payday so I have minimal funds but my cousin has recently lost weight so we're going to find her lots of nice new clothes to show it off :) I shall probably just be window shopping.

Lauren
xx

Hi Lauren

Wow the curried mushrooms sound fab, will definately be trying them sometime, I love mushrooms (I'm just like a hobbit lol:kitty:)

Sarah x

Hi Lauren

Wow the curried mushrooms sound fab, will definately be trying them sometime, I love mushrooms (I'm just like a hobbit lol:kitty:)

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

They were really nice, I'll definitely be doing them again. The tikka powder made them quite spicy as well so they had a kick! I love mushrooms too. Garlic mushrooms with cream are my fave.... mmmmmmmm :D

Hope your week is going well
xx

Morning All!

So I had a chinese last night and it was awesome. I mainly filled up on noodles from the chow mein and boiled rice, but I also had some sweet n sour and some beef in black bean (minus the beef). I also had a few prawn crackers and I really enjoyed it. I have definitely gone over on my syns for the day, but I guess I haven't had 15 a day for the last week or so, so I've probably broken even!

I didn't get chance to weigh myself this morning at my Mum n Dad's (I don't own scales) as their road is getting resurfaced and I couldn't get parked. I will either go and weigh myself at Boots at lunchtime, or go tomorrow morning to my Mum n Dad's. We'll see!

So the plan for today is:

Breakfast - Banana, Alpen bar, Apple

Luncheons - probably a subway salad (5 syns + HEA for cheese) as I didn't have chance to make anything this morning. I also have FF jelly and a FF yoghurt for a dessert.

Dinner - sweet potato, mushrooms, peppers and salad. I'm eating up the leftovers in the fridge and cupboard so will make something with this. It should be quite healthy and hopefully yummy!
:eatdrink051:

I'm having a night in on my own tonight so I'm going to catch up on all my Sky+'d stuff (Geordie Shore, ANTM and Grimm) and have a chillaxed night. Can't wait :rolleyes:

Lauren
xx

Lol oh no!! Egg fried rice is b-e-a-utiful though!

I know that if I had scales I'd be on them all the time, so I restrict myself! We'll have to send you to a self-help group where you are made to ignore some scales in an empty room :):)

And I seriously wouldn't worry about a half a pound gain, it could be annyyything... maybe you just needed a big wee!! lol

xxx

Just weighed in at Boots.......

2lbs off!!!!

:talk017::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I am a happy lady!
At least I know it's working, even though I have had a fair few syns this past week or so. Hopefully going to cut down on the amount of syns I'm taking in and keep it going.

Wahoo!!

Evening All!

So I weighed in at Boots and the scales showed a 2lb loss. Wooh. I'm still going to weigh in on M&D's scales as that's where I weighed myself last. I'll try and do that tomorrow.

Food for today has been a bit weird...

Breakfast - Banana, Alpen Bar (HEB), Apple

Luncheons - Subway Salad (5 syns from sauces and HEA from cheese) - chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, onion, sweetcorn, gherkins, cucumber.

Dinner - Sweet potatoes and peppers roasted with fry light, paprika and salt. Light mayo (2 syns)
FF strawberry jelly (0.5 syns) and light squirty crema (1.5 syns)

Syns for today = 9

Havinga mega catch up of all 'my programmes' on the Sky+ as it's a night in on my own. Just strrted watching 'Grimm'. Not sure if its my cup of tea, but I'm giving it a go!

Lauren
xx

Well done on your loss! :D

I was have a catch up night with TV tonight too. I've been watching Grimm, I've watched the first two... it's a little strange, I'm still a bit unsure whether it's for me or not. It's okay like, just not something I'd rave about. I'm hoping it'll get better as it goes on :)

Well done on your loss! :D

I was have a catch up night with TV tonight too. I've been watching Grimm, I've watched the first two... it's a little strange, I'm still a bit unsure whether it's for me or not. It's okay like, just not something I'd rave about. I'm hoping it'll get better as it goes on :)

Thank you!

I know what you mean. I watched the first two episodes last night. I think I like it, but I can see it being really formulaic with obvious twists and stuff. We'll see! I like how Haywire from Prison Break is in it though as a wolf. I'm liking his character. I'll keep watching and see how it goes, let me know what you think of it!

Lauren
xx

It's Thursday! Which means its only one more day til Friday :D

This week has been long!

So last night was awesome, just catching up on my TV shows. Although I managed to bash myself in the face with a baking tray (don't ask) and my cat, Lance, pawed my face when I was asleep because I stopped stroking him and I now have a lovely scratch on my face.
What a terror :kitty:

So...

Breakfast - Coco Pops and Milk (5.5 syns and 1/2 of my HEA) I just didn't fancy my usual fruit!

Luncheons - Jacket potato with beans

Dinner - I think I'm going to do a pasta n sauce (with other 1/2 of my HEA). I've got extra mushrooms and green beans to have with it as well to make it a bit more superfree.

Snacks - Already had a kitkat (5.5 syns). Got an apple as well which I'll have later

Not the best day today, mainly due to my not so good breakfast but I'm still feeling positive after yesterday's loss and will try hard until next weigh in on Weds. I don't really have any plans over the weekend so that will make it easier to stick to plan

Lauren
xx

Evening All!

So I weighed in at Boots and the scales showed a 2lb loss. Wooh. I'm still going to weigh in on M&D's scales as that's where I weighed myself last. I'll try and do that tomorrow.

Food for today has been a bit weird...

Breakfast - Banana, Alpen Bar (HEB), Apple

Luncheons - Subway Salad (5 syns from sauces and HEA from cheese) - chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, onion, sweetcorn, gherkins, cucumber.

Dinner - Sweet potatoes and peppers roasted with fry light, paprika and salt. Light mayo (2 syns)
FF strawberry jelly (0.5 syns) and light squirty crema (1.5 syns)

Syns for today = 9

Havinga mega catch up of all 'my programmes' on the Sky+ as it's a night in on my own. Just strrted watching 'Grimm'. Not sure if its my cup of tea, but I'm giving it a go!

Lauren
xx

Well done on your 2lb loss, that's great!

I love a sky+ catch up- it's great to skip through the ads and watch back to back episodes (I'm to impatient to deal with cliff hangers ha)!

Keep up with the good work, I'm looking forward to watching your progress :D xx

It's Thursday! Which means its only one more day til Friday :D

This week has been long!

So last night was awesome, just catching up on my TV shows. Although I managed to bash myself in the face with a baking tray (don't ask) and my cat, Lance, pawed my face when I was asleep because I stopped stroking him and I now have a lovely scratch on my face.
What a terror :kitty:

So...

Breakfast - Coco Pops and Milk (5.5 syns and 1/2 of my HEA) I just didn't fancy my usual fruit!

Luncheons - Jacket potato with beans

Dinner - I think I'm going to do a pasta n sauce (with other 1/2 of my HEA). I've got extra mushrooms and green beans to have with it as well to make it a bit more superfree.

Snacks - Already had a kitkat (5.5 syns). Got an apple as well which I'll have later

Not the best day today, mainly due to my not so good breakfast but I'm still feeling positive after yesterday's loss and will try hard until next weigh in on Weds. I don't really have any plans over the weekend so that will make it easier to stick to plan

Lauren
xx

Aww Poor you

My cat Jess does the same to me, without scratching cos she keeps her claws pulled in nearly always (she's sixteen now). But if she does want attention she really misbehaves and doen't stop until I stop what I've doing and give her a cuddle, shes such a little diva, but she's worth it lol.

Well done on your loss, 2lb is brill. Hope you're having a good day and yey it's friday! :D

Sarah xx

Aww Poor you

My cat Jess does the same to me, without scratching cos she keeps her claws pulled in nearly always (she's sixteen now). But if she does want attention she really misbehaves and doen't stop until I stop what I've doing and give her a cuddle, shes such a little diva, but she's worth it lol.

Well done on your loss, 2lb is brill. Hope you're having a good day and yey it's friday! :D

Sarah xx

Thank you! I have been terrible today and gone completely off plan but aim to stick back at it over the weekend and beyond!

They are worth it aren't they? I love Lance to bits but if he wants your attention he bats your face and then just looks at your like 'What?' Grr! Can't help but love him though. We got him from the cats protection league last year when he was 3, so he already had a few bad habits which we can't seem to change!!

And yey to Friday! hope you are having a good day!
xxxx

Happy Friday!

I am annoyed at myself today as I have gone completely off plan and I didn't intend to! Grr.. let's just say some cheesy chips are now sat in my belly from my pub visit at lunchtime for a catch up with the girls.

I also had Coco Pops for breakfast when I told myself I was just having apple and fruit.
Oh deary me. :break_diet:

I'm going to draw a mahooooosive line under this though and try to bring it back round with tea tonight

So I need to go to Tesco for the big shop tonight. Normally do it on Saturday but just don't want to have to do anything tomorrow so going to do it tonight instead. I am really fancying prawns after talking about how much I love them at work, so I think I might go for them. Might make some kind of wrap with them with salad and a dip, with some savoury rice. We'll see.

Off to Rachel7896's house tomorrow night for tea and all the boys will be getting a takeaway but we're going to be good and cook our own chinese, making a SW chicken n black bean dish, with some noodles and boiled rice. Also going to get some duck and have a cheeky duck and hoi sin starter. Hopefully our only syns will be from the hoi sin, so it should be a good day all round!

I will try harder tomorrow!! :rolleyes:

Lauren
xx

Thank you! I have been terrible today and gone completely off plan but aim to stick back at it over the weekend and beyond!

They are worth it aren't they? I love Lance to bits but if he wants your attention he bats your face and then just looks at your like 'What?' Grr! Can't help but love him though. We got him from the cats protection league last year when he was 3, so he already had a few bad habits which we can't seem to change!!

And yey to Friday! hope you are having a good day!
xxxx

Hi my day is going well thanks, from a Slimming world point of view, haven't slipped yet :).

About the cats, oh yeah they're most definately worth it, I've had Jess since she was a tiny kitten, also from a rescue society and I love her soo much, she's totally spoilt. So I guess her behaviour may be my fault as she gets her own way all the time lol, she's a housecat tho cos we live near a busy main road.

Sooo can't wait to ger home today, got a DVD night planned with one of my friends haven't seen her for a few weeks. :)

Sarah xx

Back