Less of liz!!!

Day 3 started off hard. Had an argument with my husband and really wanted to eat! Was good though and held off. I also felt a bit sick but it passed quite quickly.

I turned my spaghetti bolognese into chilli as i didnt like it yesterday, using cumin, paprika, cinnamon, garlic and chilli and a mushroom which made it taste nice.

the vegetable soup and cottage pie were better than expected so all in all an ok day. Just need to sort out my breakfasts as having the bars in the morning aren't doing it for me. They are far too sweet. Might have eggs? Depends how lazy I'm being!

How has everyone else's day been?

Yeah eventually those programmes won't bother you - I weirdly enjoy watching them!

Hope you guys are doing great.

Also I wanted to say it shows how emotionally attached to food we are - when you say you had an argument this morning - I would struggle not to cave when things like that happen.
Well done for sticking to plan.

A couple more days and you'll be in 'the zone'!!

Xx

Bring on the zone :). Just one or 2 days more hopefully. Tho strangely it was going into my 4th week on cambridge I struggled. I felt so left out. I'm hoping the small meal helps tho. I'm defo finding "eating" 4 times a day easier x

Yep it definitely helps! It helps with the spacing out too! Although saying that I've actually only managed 3 today. Naughty I know but my day ran away with me and I physically can't shove an extra one down me now, but also I don't want to as each pack resembles a meal and it would be like scoffing two dinners!
I much prefer s+s at the moment. Although I'm running out of shakes! Ahhh!
I know what you mean about feeling deprived. Especially when I look at my friends eating stuff and think why can't I have that and still be skinny like they are! But I guess I just have to accept my body hears the word 'cake' and instantly balloons out!

Xx

Hi sammy and Marie. Thanks for replying, I was starting to feel like I was talking to myself, haha!

I definitely have an emotional attachment to food. Eat when I'm happy, eat when I'm sad, eat when I'm stressed, eat when I'm tired etc etc. I'm really pleased I stayed on plan. I feel like this is one thing I can control at the moment and am determined to get it right!

I also realised that I pick at my sons food more than I thought. When he has finished, I've been finding it really hard not to pick bits off the plate. Think I did it without realising! Oops.

I haven't felt too hungry today so I'm hoping ketosis is kicking in. How do you know when you're in it?

Hi,

That was me too. Eat, eat, eat. Wether I was hungry or not. I also had an all or nothing approach - oh I've eaten that and I shouldn't have, might as well stuff my face the rest of the day and start tomorrow.

Day 2 went well. Defo prefer "eating" four times a day. I'm a night time eater so means I can keep my bar to have with a cuppa :)

You'll know when your in ketosis. You'll have 'the breath'. I carry a sugar free mouth freshener with me. I also got a strange taste in my mouth but don't know if everyone does. Some people get an abundance of energy. But most importantly.....drumroll.....,you won't be hungry :D. I can't wait. Just a few more days xx

Oh and sometimes your pee smells weird! Lol xx

Oh no no no - I'm not a weird pee smeller! That sounded wrong! Ha ha. You might just notice it.
Yes the non hunger is a definite give away. You'll find you can go much longer between packs without being bothered. Until you get to the point that you end up almost having to force them down you by the evening because you forgot to have them in the day!
Good luck today! Xx

I'm still feeling a bit hungry although I usually need food by 8 but wasn't hungry until about 9 today. I made oatmeal cookies with added cinnamon, they were very nice actually!

I'm feeling positive about today. My jeans are already starting to feel a bit looser which is great!

Have a great day everyone!

Day 4 has been good. I'm definitely switching to lifestyle though as I'm missing the flavours of fresh food. The packets are ok but by evening I'm craving something a bit tastier, and I really don't want to give up so I'm going for the middle ground. Ive also found that sometimes, meat and veg is less carbs and calories than a packet anyway. Had steak with courgette, mushrooms, spinach, shallots and garlic tonight. Yum!

Here's to another good day tomorrow!

Struggling today,

Don't really feel hungry but I've come down with a horrible cold and usually I would eat for energy. Feel a bit weak and pathetic, not sure if this is the diet or the cold. Just guzzling loads of green tea.

Roll on bed time.

Often when we don't feel well we'll eat for comfort - so coping without that will be tough. You could try spoiling yourself a little in other ways.

Thanks guys, This afternoon was easier as I was so busy. Had to take the baby for his jabs (he was unbelievably brave!) then I was working for a few hours, then my father in law came round ( yuck!) so I didn't really have any time to feel sorry for myself.

While the father in law was here I escaped upstairs and emptied out my wardrobe and got rid of a black bag full of clothes. Mainly my fat clothes that I keep just in case I put weight on, along with some that I would never wear ever again- no idea why I bought them in the first place! I've also found the size 18 clothes( I'm between an 18&20 at the mo) which is my first target, so hopefully I will be comfortably on those soon and can think about 16's! I haven't been in those for many many many years. This has also made me feel better.

Tried the mild curry for dinner, was nice actually. Also made a vegetable curry to go with it, I made this really spicy to knock my cold out, not sure how well this worked but was very yummy anyway.

How is everyone else getting on?
X

Good idea on the curry, I'm getting a cold too so might give it a go tomorrow!
Bet it felt good to get rid of those clothes! I can't wait to have a clear out! Xx

Good idea on the curry, I'm getting a cold too so might give it a go tomorrow!
Bet it felt good to get rid of those clothes! I can't wait to have a clear out! Xx

It felt great, I really feel that this will be the last time I will be this big. Got rid if all my 22s, and looking forward to getting rid of all the 20s!

The veg curry was good. I like experimenting now I can't use all my usual ingredients. I used shallots, garlic, ginger, chilli, garam masala, stock, mushrooms and spinach. Will definitely have again as I love curry.

Back