Linda's JUDDD Diary...

passionflower said:
Ok now I am obviously missing something as is not as simples for moi. what happens at weekends? can I not do one up one down till the end of never? are you restricted to 3 days down a week? my head's a shed and my poor hubby with me trying to explain to him that yet again we're on a different diet LOL

Nope, not restricted but the science proves you don't need 3/4 DDs a week and, in terms of psyche, we certainly don't need them.

Most JUDDDerers do UP days at the weekend to cope with life, hence DOWN days of Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Oh, and always weigh after your end of week DD

xxx

passionflower said:
my poor hubby with me trying to explain to him that yet again we're on a different diet LOL

Mine too ... but he stopped grumbling when he got a chicken leg (unheard of on Dukan!) ;)

P x

Well, well, I go missing for a few hours and look what happens....... and what a surprise to see you Monica.... big hugs xxxx
I would definately start straight away, with an up day. I intend to just alternate in theory, but last week at our pub quiz on an UP day we won a £20 voucher to spend on drinks next Thursday which should be a down day, now fizzy water does not seem like a great purchase for a freebie, so am having an UP day today and an intermediate day tomorrow where I will try to stick to around 1200 calories, then down on Monday.

But, I have also changed my official WI so have weighed myself today after only 4 days since last WI and I have lost 3 lb, so that is 5 lb in 1 and a half weeks, taking my grand loss to 22lb so far..... and my Lego Camper Van is on the way..... yippee.....

Off to Thorpe Park in a minute after our bacon sarnies, hope you all have a fun day xx

WOW !! that s a fabby loss I have to say I am a bit scared as in my head I think I won't loose anything but I know its all in my head. Have a fabulous time Linda and say hello to hubby and kids from me.Hugs xxxx

Hi Greeneyes11,

What could be better, an UD and trip to Thorpe Park! Hope your son gets on all the rides this time.

I'd be so happy to get losses like yours. Keeping my fingers crossed!

TJ x

Really enjoyed your diary green eyes, and some of u have really made me laugh! Great to hear it is having some fantastic health benefits for some of you too, really nice to know. I have stiff knees and a clicky hip although mine js def running related, but maybe this might help me a bit still?! The more i read about other peoples experiences the more i understand about the diet and feel positive :) I didn't realise almost everyone has the whole weekend as an UP, thats blimmin fab! I have decided that as i didnt know this i will stick to my alternate days for 1st week at least, maybe 2 (i read thats how long jt takes for ur body to properly adjust to a new way of eating) and then i will experiment with 3 DD's a wk and the rest UP. Right i am off to nosy through some more diaries and threads. So so grateful for this forum! X

Well very interesting day yesterday. So glad I decided to have 1 up days this weekend. Went to Thorpe Park yesterday. Started the day with a bacon sandwich after official WI showed I had lost 3lb in 4 days. Had KFC for lunch. 2 pieces and some chips. Was full but a bottle of beer beckoned in the afternoon as it was so hot. On the way home we decided to stop at a Sainsburys to buy some magnums with the intention of eating when we got home about 8.45pm. Unfortunately about halfway between the junction before our pull off and the one we pull of at we came to a halt as there had been an accident a mile ahead. It had only just happened and about 5 mins later the emergency vehicles started to arrive starting with 5 fire engines. We were stuck there over 3 hours. Everyone was out their cars and lorries chatting and the boys were out the car playing. Apparently they shut our side of the road about 3 mins after we went through so all vehicles left the junction before. Just after 11pm they managed to open one lane to file us all off. Needless to say when we got home at midnight we were more tired than hungry so went to bed without eating. Have made up for it today tho.

OH Gosh what it is with you and motorway driving? there seems to be lots going on whenever you try a trip out.
Glad you're making up for it today, I am looking forward going out to our fave Thai tonight.

I love Thai too. We do have a Thai restaurant in town. May try it for our anniversary at the end of the month.

Yep the M25 is the bane of my life. Hope for more luck when we do Alton Towers within the next month. Lol.

Enjoy your meal out.

Got on scales this morning and a bit shocked by my weight gain but totally deserved. Not sure I like doing 2 up days in a row so will carry on alternating for now. Just needed to swap my days around this week. I know the scales will go down over the week though so not worried. Think I will just have 3 CD shakes today and tons of water as my tummy is not quite right today.

Need to do a bit of cleaning and hoovering and tons of washing but all I feel like doing is sitting and reading.

Inflammation wise I am still swollen but it's not even been 2 weeks since I started the diet so fingers crossed it will still help the inflammation at some point.

Morning honey i have tons on today and I am hoping it will disctract me, I loved my UP day yesterday so i am determined to make this DD a good one. If you want a chat while you're polishing give me a ring later :) hugs xx

Greeneyes11 said:
Got on scales this morning and a bit shocked by my weight gain but totally deserved. Not sure I like doing 2 up days in a row so will carry on alternating for now. Just needed to swap my days around this week. I know the scales will go down over the week though so not worried. Think I will just have 3 CD shakes today and tons of water as my tummy is not quite right today.

Need to do a bit of cleaning and hoovering and tons of washing but all I feel like doing is sitting and reading.

Inflammation wise I am still swollen but it's not even been 2 weeks since I started the diet so fingers crossed it will still help the inflammation at some point.

I hate how we are such slave to the scales and what they tell us can dictate your mindset so much! Well done for being brave and doing it after your two Up days though :) Those lbs will fly off you are having CD shakes on DD's I'm sure. Hope your tum and swollen bits feel better soon, good luck today x

Hi green eyes, I'm almost starting JUDDDing, and reading that you have ME made me v interested in your losses. I've been diagnosed with CFS and I really struggle to do much more than go to work most days. The link with inflammation and increased energy makes it very interesting.

Have you found any information on the net about links with CFS/ME and fasting/JUDDD'ing?

Kay x

Hi green eyes, I'm almost starting JUDDDing, and reading that you have ME made me v interested in your losses. I've been diagnosed with CFS and I really struggle to do much more than go to work most days. The link with inflammation and increased energy makes it very interesting.

Have you found any information on the net about links with CFS/ME and fasting/JUDDD'ing?

Kay x

Hi Kay,

I haven't found any links between the two, but I do have the JUDDD book and in that it says that the alternate day fasting helps big time with inflammation. So I am hoping it will help me. My ME/CFS consultant doesn't know why I have the inflammation but my blood tests show that my markers are up for inflammation. I have had it since last December when I first became ill. Really really hoping this diet gets rid of it. I have also found that I have more energy since doing this alternate day fasting, I have done housework for the first time in months over the last couple of weeks, I find I am more energetic on my DDs probably because I ate the day before....

I am here to follow u and get some thinspiration for JUDDing xx
well done on yr losses so far xx

Hi Cai, I have just seen your losses, more than 6 stone is brilliant and you have been sticking to the diet for so long, you must have excellent willpower. Well Done.

Hi Cai, I have just seen your losses, more than 6 stone is brilliant and you have been sticking to the diet for so long, you must have excellent willpower. Well Done.

You would think wouldn't you??! but somewhere I have toatlly lost it and i can't get it back. Think 18months following the same plan has taken it's toll...that is why I am thinking JUDDing would give me a kick upn the bum and mean i can take the relaxed approach on my UD's!! x

18 months is a long time to follow a plan, but I guess if we want to stay slim we need to find a plan we can follow forever really. I am hoping that JUDDD is this plan for me as it is totally doable, hard on DDs but we can then eat anything we like on UDs. I lost 5 stone 3 years ago, but put 3 of it back on, then became ill last December and put on the last 2 stone in a month, despite not eating a lot.... but the fact I had put 3 stone back on just goes to show that we need to find something to do forever.

i have just read your diary i am so glad i did, one of the reasons the programme appealed to me was the bit about this helping illnesses, like you i have inflammation with lupus and psoriatic arthritis, i am interested to see if your bloods show a reduction in esr levels, also the meds i have to take affect my levels in my kidneys and liver so hopefully this will ease up, my bloods are done monthly so will keep an update on that in my diary. how fab would it be to not have to take the dreaded steroids now and then which cause a moonface. if this diet really does this what a total lifechanging thing this would be apart from the obvious weightloss.

Back