Lipotrim price increase!

Yeah I got told same thing. Mens is increasing to 60 and women's to 45. Thing is I've only just restarted. Had my apt yday. Looking at my budget I just can't afford 45 a week plus food shopping for my daughter :(. Dunno what to do. ..

yep I am going to be paying £60 in 2 weeks time, it's a big joke but I think it's because they have trialed it and found that it is really working now, but it's a bit stupid because how do they expect to attract more people having it at that price, silly LT. Hopefully by March I will be off it anyway and never again shall we say!

My chemist has let me stock up and buy a few weeks' worth.

I haven't been on Lipotrim or Slima nd Save, I started out on Cambridge and looking for cheaper options when I came across this. £45 is the SAME as Cambridge if that's per week (not done any research so not sure how this plan works).

Either way: Slim and Save is £30 a week (with £5 postage). But if you order 4 weeks at a time that goes down to £99 (with £5 postage). Some big savings to be had!!

I recommend switching to that and make a statement to the Lipotrim head office!

Thanks to the forum, I noticed there would be a price increase and went and purchased my suppliers on the 30th December before it went from £49 to £60 from the 1st January. I went to the pharmacy and they allowed me to purchase fours weeks worth of male Lipotrim on the condition that I would still go in each week and get weighted.

I find my weekly way in at the pharmacy very useful and it helps to motivate me to stick to the plan.

I think £60 a week is expensive but if you calculate the amount you would spend one food and drink per week I think I can justify it.

I think £60 is still a rip off when you realise most of the products are coming from the same manufacturers and depending on who you buy it from seems to affect the price. I found this out when I bought S&S and then from another company and both of the products have the same manufacturing company on the label.

i went to the chemist on monday they said it had increased to £42 but they were only charging £40 :/ rang round and apparently all the chemists in the area are the same..

I think £60 is still a rip off when you realise most of the products are coming from the same manufacturers and depending on who you buy it from seems to affect the price. I found this out when I bought S&S and then from another company and both of the products have the same manufacturing company on the label.

I agree...I only know the costs involved in Cambridge but I'm sure it applies here as well as that works out to be about the same as that costs £45 as well:
Sell to you: 2.10 per shake
Buy from Cambridge: about 1.20 (I know it's around half of the recommended retail price but not the number exactly)
Cambrdige from the Manufacturer....??? Who knows how much they are making!

I'm sure the chemists are on different markups to Cambridge but the difference between base the company buys them for and you pay is a good £1+ per shake!!

Thanks to the forum, I noticed there would be a price increase and went and purchased my suppliers on the 30th December before it went from £49 to £60 from the 1st January. I went to the pharmacy and they allowed me to purchase fours weeks worth of male Lipotrim on the condition that I would still go in each week and get weighted.

I find my weekly way in at the pharmacy very useful and it helps to motivate me to stick to the plan.

I think £60 a week is expensive but if you calculate the amount you would spend one food and drink per week I think I can justify it.

Both my wife and I are on a food substitution diet @ £45 each. People continually ask me about the costs and how high they are but given that we would have maybe say 2-3 take aways a week, a meal out or two as well...you can easily go out and spend £30/£40/£50 on a meal out and our take aways varied from £10 (kebab) to £30 (chinese or curry) so a fixed cost has actually helped us financially.

Not to say I want them to go up!

£45 as of Monday! Don't believe it! ....won't be able to do this for as long as I wanted! Does anyone no why they are doing this?

My pharmacist told me that on the letter apparently it says they have been on the low price since 1996 and so they needed to increase price in order that they can continue with the costs etc lol yeah right they are just in it to make a good amount of cash it costs half of what they used to make us pay, if not less! But my sweet pharmacist let me buy 2 weeks worth at the old price (48quid, cos we men have to pay 60 now :( lol) oh and I get a 10quid off when I go back, so I actually have a months supply now and when I go back I will only be paying full price for 3 weeks, I mean it's a total £36 extra that i'd rather not give but in the grand scheme of things this diet is fantastic and worth it!

Lipotrim was always £48 here for men and it's recently went up to £60, It is ridiculous considering we get 14 shakes for £60 so roughly £4.30 a shake!

Lipotrim was always £48 here for men and it's recently went up to £60, It is ridiculous considering we get 14 shakes for £60 so roughly £4.30 a shake!

I didn't think of it like that. That's really expensive compared to other brands doing the same job.

lol agree with you James, your absolutely right mate but then again I always try and see things on the positive side which is that you'd be silly to even try and cheat, cos' when I ate in the past it took me 5 days to get back into ketosis, this time round I ain't gonna eat some chips... no bag of chips is worth £60!!

Oh I agree it increases the incentive to stick with it but that doesn't make them being greedy any less important.

For me it's still a cost saving because I'm not having my usual Fri/Sat out which could cost anywhere between £100-£200 a week plus buying my dinner every day at work was £25 a week, I also choose to think I'm paying for the pharmacists time and encouragement.

Oh I agree it increases the incentive to stick with it but that doesn't make them being greedy any less important.

For me it's still a cost saving because I'm not having my usual Fri/Sat out which could cost anywhere between £100-£200 a week plus buying my dinner every day at work was £25 a week, I also choose to think I'm paying for the pharmacists time and encouragement.

That's a good way too look at it :) good luck x

Oh no! Really!:mad:

I've been looking at Shake that weight and works
Out 25 a week which is much better that lipotrim and has less carbs ect in has anyone else tried it? X

Hi I was on shake that weight for a month, and really liked all the shakes. I lost about 1.5 stone in a month. I only changed to exante because I wanted more choice. I now hav porridge for breakfast and either soup or a bar for lunch and a meal of spaghetti bolog, chilli, shepherds pie, pasta carbonara etc for my evening meal. I like them all, porridge especially. Pasta not so much, but even that I dont hate. All for about 108 pounds a month. Sorry for the long post:(

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back