liquoricet's diary of a penguin runner

Long crappy day became rather synful! Oh well, a line is drawn under.

Today was a green day because I wanted pizza. Syns were homemade pizza and some sweets at work and pudding. Crikey, OK, not a great day either!

Back on plan tomorrow before it's too late. I'm not drinking tonight and tomorrow is a night before work so it'll either be very moderate or no booze! My scales still show a loss so if I don't mess up I'll be OK Monday.

Not posted for a bit. Will attempt to put food diary on.
I weighed in Thursday and had lost 1.5lbs. My normal class is a Monday so my aim is a pound by then which I think is just manageable. I'm having a boozy day tomorrow but going to use flexible syns.

Today:
B - egg & potato waffle (1 syn)
L - 2x ryvita fruit (hexb), smoked cooked salmon (aldi), 2x salmon fillets with salad stuff - radish, leaves, tomatoes (1 syn for salad dressing).
T - pork stir fry

I've had some undeserved losses (1lb on holiday, 3.5lbs since thursday!!) so I'm back on the wagon quick so I don't yoyo.

My consultant says sometimes being on plan kickstarts your body. I'm assuming it's that as fish & chips and booze aren't exactly encouraged!

Only thing is I went to the bolton food festival and very foolishly bought fudge. Not just a little but 5 "bars" for a tenner! I'm regretting the purchase now, there must be 2lbs of the stuff and it's basically fat and sugar.

Any idea of syns?

And then a well deserved gain -4.5lbs!! :( I've been totally on plan since weigh in on Monday. I really want to lose that gain. My scales are not too positive.

I'm trying to remember that it basically means I maintained over my holiday which is OK. Still disappointed.

I'm loving baked apple with mincemeat as my hexb. A great pudding!

Sigh, went to a lovely cafe yesterday. I had a jacket potato with cheese (I'm sure it was more than my allowance but I haven't had it at least once this week).

All was well until pudding. I resisted the cakes bar a taste of them. I'm sure that's blown all my syns. :(

Went for a run last night to "balance" the cake. My scales still stay the same since Monday despite being positively angelic. :(

How are you doing this week?? I had a small gain last night. But I've drawn my line and I'm getting back on it this week.

Hi Jennie, I lost 4.5 this week after 2 gains of 4.5 then 2.5! Seriously unimpressed!

However my scales say I'm now under 14st which would mean I'm losing "new weight" again.

After two weeks of trying to be really on plan I'm struggling a little with the desire to eat cake and chocolate! I've allowed myself a little which seems to work better than forbidding it. I've half a Fry's mint chocolate to eat later.

Running wise I'd get on better if I wasn't distracted by blackberries. I keep stopping and eating them.

How're you getting on? Have you gone back to the group?

Need ideas for food tonight. I'm tempted to get a chinese as Hubby's away but I'll have more spare syns if I don't. I'm feeling uninspired. I need something quick that isn't pasta as I get home at 545 with hungry smalls!

Tomorrow the kids will probably have a ready meal (starving after swimming) so I need to avoid that too.

You could still get chinese, but be strong and order something like chicken in blackbean sauce with boiled rice that will only cost you 5-6 syns?? Other than that, it only takes a few minutes in microwave for a jacket potato and beans?

I've been even better and made a slow cooked Moroccon stew, it'll be ready when I get home and just need couscous! (1syn for raisins as didn't have apricots) Best of all, there'll be enough for tomorrow night.

I think you need to bring some to my house! Or tell me whats in it at least. Love a good slow-cooker meal.

Hello again, I'm still around, I've been messing about the last month and always promised myself I'd concentrate on maintaining for a few months November onwards. So there you go, I've got to my (first) target.

I'm also aware that it would be easy to give up and not come back but if I aim to maintain I can keep going up group, save some pennies and try again when I get my mojo back!

Also, we had a clothes swap at group last night. I've now got a new wardrobe of clothes! Very exciting.

*waves* anyone out there? I am a pound out of target at the moment but that's not too horrifying.

Also I've just bought the "fruit" book from Hugh fearnly-whittingstall, lovely recipes but quite a lot of cooked fruit.

My new job starts weds and I'll be necessarily more active. Exciting times as it's so much more convenient for my life

Hiii! Hope you had a lovely xmas. Well done on only being a lb from target. I'm a whopping 6 away at the moment after an amazingly off plan xmas and new year.

Still running?

Thanks Jennie, I'm a pound out of the range (thought I should clarify that!) We'll both get there, even 6lbs is a couple of weeks of not cheating!

I am still running, not been since Xmas eve and as I've a child free day I was going to go today. Our oven has broken though and a person is coming between now and 1.15. I'm hoping I'll still get my run in. I *need* one if you know what I mean.

Since my new job is so local I'm walking kids to school and going to cycle down the hill, so I'm hoping the extra activity will help. New job also has a staff gym and swimming pool so I'm quite excited!

How's your running going? Did you have a good Xmas? X

Thanks Jennie, I'm a pound out of the range (thought I should clarify that!) We'll both get there, even 6lbs is a couple of weeks of not cheating!

I am still running, not been since Xmas eve and as I've a child free day I was going to go today. Our oven has broken though and a person is coming between now and 1.15. I'm hoping I'll still get my run in. I *need* one if you know what I mean.

Since my new job is so local I'm walking kids to school and going to cycle down the hill, so I'm hoping the extra activity will help. New job also has a staff gym and swimming pool so I'm quite excited!

How's your running going? Did you have a good Xmas? X

I had a lovely Xmas, although I had a cold before xmas which put me out of action for a week and then we got the ice so I hadn't run for a few weeks either. Back on it this week as half marathon at the end of February... Eeek.

Oh no, hopefully they'll be around sooner rather than later so you can fit it in. That'll be good to cross train alongside your running. I bet you are excited to get started with that

Yes, I think it would be good to tone other bits. ;) I did manage my run (4.5k) and walked to/from school twice - my legs officially ache!

I'm currently sitting but I should be thinking about tea. Not sure what to make, I've fat club tonight so I'll eat after. Thinking maybe pasta bake... And I need to make soup.

Well done on the run!!!
What did you end up having for tea? I make pasta bake but mines always cheeseless as I don't eat the stuff, always full of tomatoes, eggs, tuna and veg :)

Hi Jennie, it was pasta and chicken with lots of veg in a tomato sauce. I couldn't do pasta bake as we had no cheese!

I lost a lb and got a special award for still being at "target" even after Xmas (top of target). It was really sweet of my consultant.

I started a new job Wednesday as a school librarian. So far, it's great. I've decided to seriously reduce my alcohol consumption but not actually do dry January. This, combined with no day time snacking is helping me eat well (maybe not 100% on plan).

I get a free school lunch but no tea break as I'm only working 9-1. The meals are healthy and they always have a jacket potato with cheese and salad and fruit salad on offer. I'm also walking more than normal.

Back