Looking for a buddy for slimming world. Started 2 days ago!!

More than a pint of lager?! (10)

Hiya. I'm new to mini comms too and still getting to grips with how the site works. Joined SW just over 3 weeks ago and lost 10lbs in first 3 weigh ins :). Have at least five stones to go but chuffed with the good start.

Excellent and welcome. I started just under 2weeks ago and lost 1.5on my first weigh in. I have 2.5stone to lose. That's an excellent start to sw. I'm enjoying it now and just hope the enthusiasm stays! Have a few mini goals with sw and exercise but my my first main goal is a holiday in September and then it'll be next summer to have the full 2.5stone off. Combining with exercise and have Also taken my measurements. Plan to measure every 4weeks if I can hold out that long! Don't have scales at home so just know weight at weigh in. Post your losses or gains weekly and we can support you throughout this amazing journey!!

Great aim for your holiday :) I'm 50 in March next year so wanting to finally get this weight off - family wedding to go to then too so would be fantastic to surprise everyone. Just has Dorset muesli, forest fruits, grapes, 100% Greek and 1 tbsp drizzled honey (2.5 syns) for brekkie - scrummy :). Just hoping I can keep track of posts and people I chat to as not quite go the hang of how to keep tabs on that yet - have about another five stone to lose but will have a better idea when I get closer to where I want to be :)

Hi

I'm new to SW too only joined on Wednesday doing EE, feeling a bit skeptical as how can so many foods be free without having to weigh anything. I think I must be doing something wrong, please can someone look over one of my days and see if this sounds about right?

Brekkie using healthy extra A and B
Porridge 27g sachet +180mls SS milk, 2 sweeteners in milk to sweeten and chopped up fresh strawberries =free

Lunch: salad with grilled lean bacon, table spoon of low calorie dressing (16kcal per 15ml) =1 syn
Fresh melon balls and vanilla muller light = free

Dinner: homemade spag Bol with extra lean mince, onions and mushrooms fried with fry lite tin toms, herbs and 1 beef stock(1/2 syn) + spaghetti = free

Mars Ice cream 7.5 syns

Total = 9 syns

Many thanks in advance :)

Looks perfect to me. As long as the fat is cut off the Bacon! Think you can have 250ml of ss milk also. I'm loving it at the minute and hoping to keep it up. I make sure, as much as possible, that I have syn free breakfast and dinner as I am in control of them. Then during the day I have full count of syns to play around with. Keep it going and hopefully you'll be very happy on Wednesday. An idea would Also be to take your measurements! I did that and I'm hoping to see a big change. I'll measure every 4weeks. Keep us updated on your progress

My starting weight 11St 12lbs
Week 1 -1.5:)

Thank you :) now I'm feeling alot better about this!
Sounds like your doing really well :)
Keep me posted and thanks again!!

Well just had a sunday dinner at my parents but had healthy veg and potatoes and lamb. Also had gravy which I'll need to syn and some of my mum's chocolate sponge and ice cream. Not a big portion though. Also just about to have my son's birthday cake but will have a small slice only. Not half as bad as I would usually be.

To make things easy I also make extra for my tea and then have it for lunch the next day. It solves having to think what to have and it also already done to take to work and heat up. I've just made a lovely chicken curry for tea only 4 sins in whole curry and will get about 4/5 servings out of it.

I would make this curry again, not sure if I would put in the potato, I did this time as I thought it would fill me up. Here is the recipe.
fry light, chicken breasts (cubed), 2chopped onions, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1tablespoon medium curry powder, 2 tablespoons tomato purée, 4tablespoons light coconut milk, 2bay leaves, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 200mls chicken stock, 300g diced potatoes, salt, coriander leaves to garnish.
fry onions in fry light for about 3 mins, add chicken fry for a further 3 mins, add garlic and curry powder fry for a further minute. Stir in further ingredients and bring to the boil. Transfer to over for about 45 mins on about 180 degrees.
I put mine in my slow cooker for a few hours, had some today for dinner, curry is so much nicer after a day or two. Got it for work tomorrow, I would eat curry every day if I could I love it.

Sounds delicious. Definitely will give that a try. I'm gonna try and do a Thai green curry for as little syns as possible. How many syns is your curry? Just finished a DVD but only did 20minutes. It's a DVD called 60second promise and it's very good. There's 10mins each of fat blaster, total core, upper body and lower body and a warm up and book down. I'm did the total fat blaster and total core just because of limited time. I'm going to try and do 3out of the 4sections once a week if I can get to two circuit classes. If I can't get to one of the classes, I'll aim to do 2DVD workouts. I notice a difference in my jeans and that's after not even 2weeks of doing the exercise and joining sw. I've done 1class a week since February and I'm planning to do more exercise now I've started sw! How's it been for you this week?

Went to the gym Friday and had a swim after my class and did a class this morning. I have also started walking up the stairs in work as I'm on the fourth floor. Had two big birthdays this week so had a small piece of birthday cake and a couple of drinks. Also went out last night so had two rum and diet cokes. Not a brill week for me, will have to be good most of this week but am going out with work on Friday. We are going to the red hot world food buffet all you can eat so will have to make healthy choices most of the sins will be the drink. Not too worried as I don't go out that often just seem to have had a lot over the last two weeks but I have got until July to lose what I want to.

How's everyone doing. Just in from circuits and have had a huge ham salad...no syns. Wrecked now but feel better for it. Only 3in the class so she kicked butt !!! Gonna try a Thai green curry slimming world way and see what I can do. Don't have a sw recipe so will look for one and if I can't find one will adapt one. Might adapt your curry. Hope everyone is doing well. If you've fallen off the bandwagon get back on it for yourself. We can do it girls!!!!

Hi ballymoneygirl,
Hows your first week been? have you got any tips you can share with me?
I've just started SW on Monday and I'm finding it very difficult, I'm either not hungry and don't eat or I have my breakfast, lunch dinner and healthy snacks but end of the day I feel bloated. I also have headaches.?ive got 3st too loose. My issue is making the food as I'm just not a cook and I see what's in the ingredients and don't out half the stuff in or I do but refuse to eat it!
I hope your doing a lot better than me.

Hi amber the big thing I find is being organised. I'm not the cook in the house but now for 2weeks I've cooked all the meals! My husband feels like he's on holidays!! Plan your meals before you go to bed! For breakfast every morning I have banana, weetabix and semi skimmed milk, lunch is usually a Ham or egg salad and dinner has been a range of things. I've bought loads of herbs and spices and have passata, chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers and mushrooms always in the fridge! That way with mince or chicken you clothes book up anything and add pasta or rice! Honestly once you get the food in it is easy. Lost 3lbs tonight so That's 4.5lbs in total! I've about 2.5stone to lose so you haven't far from me to lose. Also doing exercise now which I think helps. I Also did my measurements and going to do that again after 4weeks. Seriously keep going with that and try and set a couple of menus to start and you'll be fine!

Week 1-1.5:)
Week 2-3lbs :D

Hi

How's things going? So weigh-in morning (at home) I haven't decided of yet if I'm going to join the classes or online as I work shifts so the classes are difficult to get to, anyway starting weight this time last week 15st 4lbs today 15st 1lb so 3lbs lost. Bit disappointed though as thought I might lose more but not bad as I've done no exercise this week as I'm off work with a knee injury. Probs drank a bit too much wine in the evenings therefore need to cut that out and drink more water :) - this weeks action plan.

Any recommendations on going to the class or online?

Starting weight - 15st 4lbs

Back