Looking for a buddy for slimming world. Started 2 days ago!!

Hi Amber I also agree with Ballymoneygirl you do have to be organised and plan your meals for the week. I have done quite a few recipes out of the exta easy cookbook there are some good ones in there. Maybe you could get the S/W magazine as they do a weekly menu or have a look on the website. I always write out my menu for the week so I know what I am going to buy and I also cook extra for my lunch for the following day. I have maintained this week of which I am pleased as have had a busy week with milestone birthdays and a night out. Must knuckle now this week just have one night out tomorrow so got to be 100% on plan the rest of the time. Well done Ballymoneygirl did you have your curry?

Hi Becky, I tried to lose weight since Christmas and kept putting it off, I can only stick to plan by going to class its daft I know to think I can only stick to if I'm paying someone to weigh me. One of the girls at my class likes her wine and has cut down quite a lot just a couple on on weekend now I think and she has lost a lot more weight than she thought she would. I think you do get quite a bit of motivation form attending classes and some good foody ideas.

I would agree. I've been trying since January and the classes give you motivation and a goal every week. I'd rather pay the money than week after week put on the pounds. Regarding the curry I just used Thai curry paste and light coconut milk and all in all 12syns for the full meal, got 5portions out of it. Also have seen a homemade Thai green paste which is syn free so might try to make that!

Hi all, I would like to make some support pals too! I joined SW about six weeks ago and hope to be more successful at losing weight than I have in the past. My start weight was 14st 4lb and have weighed in today at 13st 11lb. I got my half stone award! Yay! I find though that some weeks I do really well but don't deserve it but other weeks when I've tried really hard; I don't get the results. I have found some
good inspiration on this site, I'm glad I found it!

Welcome Lucyboo, I'm keeping to it really well. 1St week I stuck to it ale Also did 3circuits classes. I only lost 1.5lbs and was disappointed. This week I did 2circuit classes a DVD and walked 3days and lost 3lbs. I measured myself before I started and will weigh myself after 4weeks. I don't find it too bad but I suppose I'm still new to it. I've 2young children and I'm still on maternity leave until the end of July. I'm determined to get at least a stone off by then. I've 2.5stone to lose! I've a holiday booked in September and would like most of the weight off but not sure how realistic that is. I think That's about 16weeks away. Just gonna keep the head down and try and continue to lose the weight! Well done for coming on here. I think it's a great support.

I just love your user name wish I'd thought of something like that. I guess that's why we've joined S/W as I can't resist cake either. Welcome I'm sure that we can all motivate and pass on any good ideas with each other.

Hi everyone, How's it all going? I did an hours walk at moderate intensity yesterday and my DVD... 40mins at high intensity. The DVD is called the 60second promise and it's excellent. Only cost a fiver on Amazon. Really determined to lose weight!! Hopefully tomorrow and Sunday will again go for walks, Monday do my DVD again and Tues my circuits class. Will get weighed in on Wed and then I'm away for a week to my sisters which will be extremely tough!!! Will stock up on fruit Muller lights and mug shots when I get there!!!! Will be doing my weigh in at her local centre!! Hope you're all ready for the bank holiday weekend and that the weather stays good for us all!! :cool:

Hey

Thanks for your advice, I put off going to the weigh in classes because of my shift work but looks like I am still off this Thursday now and I have got the next few off too. (Typical as I didnt go).

Have been trying to be really disciplined with myself re the wine, but this lovely weather hasnt been helping!!! Definitely noticed a difference between days that I havent had wine and days that I have.

Have been trying out lots of different slimming world recipes, tonight I made the colourful vegetable quiche which was lovely but I would recommend not putting baby corn in as it gives it a harvesty/hay sort of flavour, it was still delicious though. Next on my list is the syn free rice pudding!

I would definitely say I have found it much easier when I plan meals, I also look forward to trying new recipes, especially when they are syn free :)

Does anyone have any nice recipes they would advise to try??

Hi Becky. Classes are really good and help you focus one week at a time. Also great for different ideas etc. really enjoying the one I'm going I as it becomes a bit if a social too as you get to know people. They do do a shift work thing as well so you could discuss that with the consultant you want to go to plus you can weigh at other classes if you can't make you own one week, evening and day time classes. At home it's easy to fall off the wagon and give up - it's helped me lose 9.5 lbs in four weeks easy to let naughties creep in when just checking on your own. Good luck x

Oh recipes current SW mag - burgers ( you can out a babybel light in centre 2 syns)the spicy chicken drummers and meatball pasta in the mag are also winners. Making the sticky chicken drummers from the mag today and chicken/ courgette/pepper/onion kebabs and risotto for family BBQ. Korma curry from the curry recipe book is good as are the shami kebabs.

Sounds like good recipes! You must be gluing great weather if you're BBQ ing!! I'm thinking of doing the 30day shred to tone up. I do 1circuits class and 2DVD sessions a week and try to get a good walk a couple of times a week. Now the exercise is only since I started a few weeks ago but have been going to the circuits class since February. Really motivated this time to lose and get fit! Must have a look for BBQ recipes!

Wow thanks, those recipes sound brilliant. Im going to do the slimming world Beef bourguignon for tea tonight as its easy to do in the slow cooker, Im going to a friends 30th birthday BBQ on the beach today so going to take my own little box of salad and half a packet of ainsley harriet cous cous (1/2 syn a packet) and 2x morrisons eat smart sausages (1/2 syn each).
I know what you mean about it being easy to let the naughties creep in, I had a bad day yesterday and had a large glass of red wine and a mars icecream :(. So will definitely be starting my class this Thursday morning.

How did you find your first class? Im very self concious and to be honest thats more so why ive been putting the class off.

The classes are very friendly and the consultant will usually ask someone to make sure you are included and not left on your own. I go to my class on my own and have made some good friends there. We share good ideas and if someone is struggling there is usually someone who will become a text buddy for extra support as we are all in the same boat. I must try some of the recipes that have been mentioned on here, it is the lunch time I struggle with if I haven't got anything left over from last nights tea.

Hi Becky. Classes are very friendly and we were made to immediately feel welcome. You'll be fine go for it :). My friend that joined with me was worried about joining and now says that she doesn't feel as if she's on a diet - more like having joined a new social group :). Foods are great and the whole family are living the variety here. You'll never look back - go for it x x

I find lunch the easiest, not sure why but because Im off work as mentioned before with a knee injury, Ive got lots of time to think about it haha!! Some days I will have some ryvita crackerbread (HEb) with a bit of lightest philly (HEa) with ham or chicken breast pieces with cucumber sticks. Sometimes I do a packet of Roasted Veg Ainsley Harriet cous cous which is 1/2 syn a packet with salad or chunks of pepper and chicken pieces or a small jacket potato with tuna and side salad. Think I will struggle when I go back to work though.
At the moment Im struggling with breakfast, I get fed up of having the same thing for breakfast and I dont really want to use any syns or HEa/b.
Im going to bite the bullet and go to class on Thursday, nervous but I will let you all know how I get on :).
Thanks ladies x

Becky you will be fine as you can see everyone says that the classes are friendly and hey we are the type of people you are going to meet at class lol. I've just put on some batchlors pasta and sauce for my lunch with a salad, must get some more of them in.

Becky, going to the class will give you the motivation you need. Once you're in the class you'll wonder why you left it so long. Remember this is about you and no one else. You will be the one doing the healthy eating!! Honestly I've sort of taken not a selfish attitude but more thinking about doing this for myself. I want to be fit and a decent shape. I don't think I'll ever be skin but I want to be comfortable enough to go on holidays and not be embarrassed. Can't wait until your first class... honestly if you're determined it will be the best thing you could do!!! Good luck for Thursday,

Back