Lorna's Diary - I can do this!

hiya, am new to this too, found this site about a month ago and have been reading various bits. I'm doing weight watchers, i don't really know the slimming world way but there is guy called pete who does ur plan and he has put up loads and loads of recipes so i use have used some of them and converted to ww points, they are quite nice, some very nice. Hubby and kids like them too so that helps.

Kept it up good luck...

Thanks for popping by guys.

I'm just soo bad at eating breakfast very early but I figure aslong as I'm having 3 meals a day that it's okay for now. I will totally try and get better even if it's just a case of eating something small like a banana until I feel I'm ready to cope with breakfast.

My friends mum is a personal trainer and she always said have something within an hour of waking up even if it was a biscuit as it kickstarts you're metabolism for the day. Not sure if that is true or if it was just to get me to eat in the morning.

Change of plan having Sausage casarole instead, 3 sausages for 1 syn each and for my portion os the sauce 2 syns, witg mash, mushrooms and broccoli... Yum!

Went back to feeling crap about weigh in but stuck to it 100% I'm not too bothered I guess and just need to wait til tomorrow night. I haven't had a movement for 3 days and I'm really starting to feel severly bagged up. Anyone got any tricks that I can try? If not I suppose it will all just catch up next week... I hope!

Went back to feeling crap about weigh in but stuck to it 100% I'm not too bothered I guess and just need to wait til tomorrow night. I haven't had a movement for 3 days and I'm really starting to feel severly bagged up. Anyone got any tricks that I can try? If not I suppose it will all just catch up next week... I hope!

Well done on stopping smoking :D :D Good luck for tomorrow. If you normally go more regularly than that I would suggest something with high fibre. Try kidney beans, lentils, porridge oats, bananas, raspberries and apples are high in fibre - those kind of things. If you like it and especially as you can't eat first thing try having a hot water with a couple of slices of lemon in it. Have you tried gently massaging your tummy lying down? Sometimes that helps. I'm the opposite with being vegan, nearly after every meal lol.

Haha, I'm about once per day. Gonna try some of those things first thing got bananas and lemon! :)

I went this morning a little - not alot which is what I was hoping, enough of that gross talk.

Well today is weigh day, kinda glad this week will hopefully be over I haven't felt this poorly for such a long time. But with a new weigh day, comes a new week and hopefully I'll start feeling better soon. I know I'm not eating as much as I should as I'm not feeling that great. Yesterday's dinner was deslish and even though quite high in syns, 5.5 it was really worth it felt like a proper naughty dish too, it will definately be one that I have every so often when I'm feeling poo.

Did the shop yesterday so got lots of lovely food in for the next week, mangos, banana, oranges, strawberries, smoked haddock, chicken, mussels, sausages, paella rice, gammon... I also filled with cupboard with lots of low syn snacks, space raiders, velvet crunch, ringos, curly wurlys, freddo's, milky bars and fudges along with my favourite options belgan choc. So I'm definately prepared for the coming week and hope to make alot of lovely meals. I was thinking that I would start posting some recipes and photographs, I'll set up links on my first post to make them easy to navigate too.

Ps. I ate something first thing this morning - Kellog's Fibre Plus bar and I managed it... woohoo!

Today's menu will not be great one I eat after weigh in as it's at 7pm at night, however I have a chairty fundraiser tonight (taking the car so have an excuse not to consume any alcohol - saving syns YAY), still feeling super crap but will have a green day me thinks.

Breakfast: Kellogs fibre plus (HEB)
Snack @ work: Banana, orange, muller light, 2x laughing cow light cheesy triangles (Part HEA)
Lunch: Cheese salad sandwhich with cheesy triangles for butter (HEB + rest of HEA) with a fruit salad of strawberries and mango with half an orange juiced poured over (I know you should syn fruit if you use it like this but it's half an orange and just for a little flavour rather than a smoothie etc)
Dinner: Nothing tonight
Snack @ fundraiser: Fruit & Cheese and Onion Ringos 13g (3.5) - There may be some food there, so if there are any healthy options I may have something else.

Total Syns: 3.5

I've been sticking to drinking as much water as possible, I wanted to get to 2.5 litres but only just managed around 1.5 per day which is still great I know :)

I managed to eat a banana first thing this morning, yay me! I'm really trying so hard to eat breakfast and it's not easy because all food makes me go eurghhh in the morning but I know my body will get used to it and it will come to NEED that morning energy fix of awesome breakfasts.

Weigh in was last night I lost 1lb, I'm okay with that on one had as I have been feeling so crap nearly all week and then on the other hand i'm feeling a little dissapointed as I was 100%. I'm putting it down to probably not eating enough and my body is hording, or the fact that I didn't do as much excerise as normal as I felt :(

It's another week and I'm feeling better all ready, my drink lots of water challenge went well and I managed around 1.5litres pretty much every day. This is something I hope I can keep up with, this week I want to work on my portion size, I always make far to much and then I will eat it all because I hate wasting food. The thing I do this most with is rice as I don't measure it, so I'm going to start measuring it out and then add extra or less depending on what I need that way I will figure out how much is enough without it being far too much I'm going to explode or too little that I need to eat again in 1 hour.

I'm gonna do a couple of red days this week too - purely because I definately want those 2.5lbs for my first half stone (for the 6th time lol).

My attitude has definately changed this time around and I can say with confidence that this is the time for me. When I stopped smoking almost 3 years ago, it took me 4-5 times before that to finally give up. I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago but I'm back to stop smoking and my Dr told me that I would be a recovering smoker for the rest of my days and there is a chance I would always go back but it learnin to recognise it quicker and deal with it. This is the same for food, I will always have a food addiction but like smoking I can learn to control it and live with it so that it has minimum impact on my life.

I'm rather excited, going to have a flexi syn day of 45 syns (high - I know) but I have no child today and me and my other half are gonna go for a meal and then to the cinema. I will be back on plan tomorrow and will reduce my daily syns to 5 or less per day which will mean I'm close to my weekly syn amount. I havent been out with MrMe for almost 9 months lol

I might have a nandos woohooo

Well done on your 1lb loss - a loss is a loss - as long as it's going in the right direction celebrate it! :D

Enjoy your Nando's. It actually isn't too bad syn-wise there as long as you stay away from the chicken skin, chips and garlic bread!

Well done on your loss and for managing to get brekkie in! :) I know it's hard and some days I don't want to eat early either. Enjoy your night out! :)

Thanks guys, I had a great night. Dinner and a movie, totally spoiled I had steak and salad, which was freeeeeeeeeeee yay! My treats where a very very large strawberry daquiri (non alcoholic). In the cinema I had a small popcorn, half an easter egg and later on I had 2 velvet crunch crisps and a fudge. I actually really enjoyed myself and for once I didnt let myself feel guilty.

I'm back on the wagon today definately, however will keep my syns under 5 and I'll do half a plate of veggies or fruit instead of a third and hopefully that will help me lose next week too.

So yesterday was a hard day and I ate absolutely loads. Not all of it bad and the things that weren't so good were low in syns. But today has been more successful, yay!

Breakfast: banana and large orange
Lunch: Giant baked potato with beans and cheese (hea) and a side salad with lettuce, cucumber, beetroot and cherry toms.
Dinner: Homemade chicken and vegetable soup. Leeks, carrots, potato, swede, chicken thighs (skin removed) and a little rice, followed by pineapple and a muller light.

Was out shopping and treated myself to season 1-3 of murder she wrote. I absolutely love Jessica Fletcher, most people think it's bizzare as I'm 26 but I've just always watched it when it's on. I also got a few new horrors, this being my preffered genre.

Gonna eat all the soup this week as I haven't been as great as I would have liked to have been, I did however cut my lrotion sizes so far along with drinking all the water. I'm gonna purchase some scan bran on thursday night and add that into my routine to see if I can get a few big losses after the small one I had this week. It's 5 weigh ins til the west highland way 25mile walk and I would really love to be carry around a stone less. I will be walking up and down hills in Glasgow a few times per week to try and prepare myself lol

I like MSW too! ;) I used to watch it with my Nana who was an avid fan. Keep it up and you will soon be swishing your little self along the 25mile West Highland Way walk! Gooooo Miss Munky! YAAAY :D

Yay for sharing a love of MSW! I'm just popping on here to say I'm going to take the stairs and not the lift, I live 8 up and only take the stairs when I really have to when the lift is broke lol

Well I've walked up the stairs twice today, a whole 8 flights. Today has been good, been 100% which always makes me.feel grrrrreat!

Breakfast: pineapple, mango and strawberries
Lunch: 1x Alpen light (1/2 HEB) and a bowl of homemade soup
Snack: 1x Aplen light and 2 laughing cows (part HEA)
Dinner: Chicken breast, stuffed with laughing cow cheese, mashed potato, brocoli and mushrooms - may have a little mustard on the side for some syns.
Snack: more soup and fruit... YUM!

Laughing Cow Chicken.jpg

Today was okay but I had 2 packets of ringo's (7 syns) and 2 jaffa cakes (4 syns) - I wanted to stay under 5 but I really needed them.

Breakfast: nothing oops!
Lunch: Homemade soup, orange and a muller light
Dinner: Gammom steak, 2 eggs, mashed potato, mushrooms, brocolli
Snack: 3 oranges, Cereal bar (HEB)

Syns: 2x ringo's and 2 jaffa cakes (11 syns)

Gammon and eggs.jpg

Okay it's official I'm actually soooooo greedy - just ate a curly wurly. Gah I keep sabotaging myself. On the plus side usually when I go off plan I stay off plan but I won't do it this time, I'm gonna keep at it until it sticks, staying to plan til weigh in then I'm gonna have a really excellent week to boost me back into gear! I have 9.5lbs to lose in 5 weeks so I really need to get a move on :(

OOoooh no you don't missus!!! Keep positive and you can DO IT!! Think 9.5lbs, feeling MUCH better, looking MUCH better, healthier and happier OR fed up, miserable and all for a moment of a taste in your mouth? Think West Highland Way, you CAN DO IT!! :secret:<------- that's me twittering in your ear when you think of chocolate and going waaay off plan! ;)

Back