Losingit's losing it journey

Had a weird day today... woke up with absolutely zero hunger and no desire to eat whatsoever (very strange for me, even on Atkins!). So i didn't eat then before i knew it it was lunchtime. So i ate a MiM. Then tonight i ate around 800g of those really thin frying steak pieces!!!! eek! Added up all the calories and it don't sound so bad though. Must remember to eat breakfast tomorrow so i don't binge, whilst i am totally on plan one of the things i want to address for the future is the binge-starve cycle i often get in to.

Also had my drugs increased (doubled actually) today by my dr. Which is worrying me greatly in terms of my weight loss after my last experiences of putting on 5 stone in 6 months. Really important to stick with Atkins i thinks and keep on plan,.. and need to stop googling stuff since it just brings up more and more problems and stories of people who piled on 150lbs or more while on this drug! I have to believe that it won't happen to me, and then maybe it won't ;-). I seem to remember last time i had a really bad case of the munchies and ending up eating a tube of pringles every day... at least this time if it makes me have the munchies i'll be eating Atkins food and then hopefully in a worst case scenario will just get lots of STS weeks, or small losses rather than gaining. Or at least that's what i hope.

Also been prevented from driving for 2 weeks on account of the drugs too, so a pain in the a$$ all round... i love driving!

Gosh really tough on the drugs! Well done staying focused and indeed if the drugs make you crave/hungry then atkins/low carb is relatively more self limiting. Don't give up - you are doing really well:)

Gah the drugs must be a worry but do remember that not all side effects happen to all people - even though you've taken this before it's possible the problem won't recurr, so fingers toes and knees crossed for that. And - exactly as you say, at least if it does make you eat more, you'll be eating much better food for you. Atkins is one diet you can eat really well on and still lose. Worth getting in some ham slices or some such as you can nibble on those and they have the benefit of being low calorie too. I like to crisp up ham under the grill.

I so admire all of you who don't just have weight issues but also medical or physical issues, and still see life in such positive ways, you will succeed...

Read an interesting article that side effects can be similar to placebo effect - if you know about it then more likely to suffer - so unfair! Definitely think it's worth trying a positive frame that it wont happen to you. Good luck xx

Evening losing! Hope you tackle all the extra drugs without too much effect on how you feel! Must be a nightmare to deal with!! Xx

i've not been very good the last few days... i've lost 2 or 3lbs weight but i haven't been eating much at all. I think i'm so scared of putting weight back on that i've just stopped eating most of the time. Really not good i know and need to stop doing this.

I had a good look at myself in a full length mirror today, something i would never normally do. Actually think i looked not too bad, i can see a normal body shape appearing under all the blubber.

Well done on the shape, your mind is keeping up with the weight loss, please don't reduce calories and eating, it will all catch up with you and your body will crave food and then you will binge......if you are like me. Atkins does work you just have to trust it.

Weigh in day and i'm 15stone 5, so a loss of 4lbs. Have now lost over 50lbs from my starting weight in January this year :).

That is amazing Losing! Well done! Xx

thanks, but i'm being really naughty and only eating one meal a day.... it's one big meal though, maybe i should just split it down into two or three small meals. i'm so scared of gaining weight plus i'm not getting that hungry. the new increased drugs are knocking me out and giving me hellish side effects but no munchies as of yet so i should be grateful for that.

today i ate another minced beef concoction, i'm not sure what you'd call it - it's where you just throw minced beef into the pan along with whatever other random stuff and spices you happen to have. Oh, and then always sprinkle cheese on top. It was very nice.

my little girl started school a few days ago. She looks so grown up in her uniform and i'm a real proud mommy right now.

I really think it would be a good idea to check out your actual daily calorie intake. If its too low you're likely to cause yourself problems in the future in exchange for losses now - not least because if you slow or stall you've left yourself with no where to go, if that makes sense, you can't cut down more. Not to be a negative nancy about it it's just one meal a day (regularly) sounds worrying to me.

the meal today is around 1000 calories but over the week it has been anything from 750 to 1300 cals each day. i get your point about stalling, i'm setting myself up for future problems like you say. maybe if i want to eat next to nothing i should go back over to Exante or similar for a month or two.

Hi losingit- agree difficult to decide but definitely dont want to undereat cals on atkins as doesnt seem to help!

Been a bit more sensible today and have eaten well. Had a MiM with cheese for breakfast, a small steak and veggies for lunch, and a bacon salad for dinner.

Having to get taxi's to get my daughter to school at the moment cos dr told me not to drive, which i'm not too happy about. On the bright side though, she is in school and i have mountains of time to myself which i never had before. Almost don't know what to do with myself now, been doing random things like teaching myself Spanish online, :). In reality i need to crack on and get some work done (i work for myself) but it's easier said than done - lacking motivation big time right now.

Hope everyone is doing good?

Morning, having time to yourself is wonderful, but can take time getting used to it, some days I seem to do nothing, just flap about, otherdays I get loads done.

Losingit well done on your fab loss ....u joined 3 weeks ago just before I caved in and came off Atkins that 14lbs must of flown over to me cos that's what I had put on in 3 weeks arghhh....but back on Atkins again this is my 3 day :) you have dine so well what with the meds your taking...if u go back to vlcd would you lose more quickly? A stone in a month is incredible ....I've never done any of the vlcd (Cambridge, exante etc) but I think it would bea no go for me ....I think I would be good for a few days but would struggle any longer than that. People do seem to lose well on vlcd but it's not a way to change eating habits on a long term basis .....Atkins does seem have longevity ....but like everything it all takes time ....years ago I lost over 7 stone but took 2 years to do, did this on calorie counting (slimming magazine club). I have now resigned myself to the fact that I need to just stick to plan and play the weighting game.

Only losing 5lb last month really sent me off the rails ....wish I had thought it threw properly

Swapping to exante etc is fine if you won't miss real food ....but you have to think how long your body and mind can sustain it.

At the end of the day it's what works for individuals but as your doing so well it's shame not to carry on

xx

I've done Exante before and think i lasted 3 weeks. It's probably not the best way to diet since when you go back to eating you tend to go crazy cos you haven't seen food for so long (or at least that's what happened in my case). Decided to stick with Atkins and eat sensibly... i'm keeping my portions small but making sure i don't 'starve' myself.

Had a nice burst of energy today which was good. I went into the hairdressers to book an appointment today, and got talking then realised how late it was and that i needed to pick my daughter up from school. I RAN all the way back to my car, it was a good distance away- and i actually did it, ran without becoming breathless and collapsing in a heap. VERY Shocked as i've never in all my life done this even when i was a teenager. And i got to school on time, just.

Back