Losingit's losing it journey

Think I would do the same lol.....I would be out of control and binge on vlcd lol....glad your sticking with it why change what's working....well done on the run ....I can't run for toffee lol xx

Weigh in day and i'm down 1lb this week. At least it's something.

It's a good loss. Your body is likely to compensate with a slightly bigger loss further down the line - its all about monthly averages on Atkins or has been in my experience. Well done for sticking to it!

Well done with the loss, every little helps.

Had a bad day yesterday.... felt really emotional and ended up having a huge carb-heavy binge. I ate:

- Half a medium pizza hut pizza
- 2 pieces of garlic bread
- a whole 125g pack of pretzels
- cheesy nachos (a lot of)
- 3 bananas
- an orange
- strawberries

So well and truely out of ketosis this morning and am weighing 5lbs heavier this morning. Oops. I also feel really quite sick, serves me right. Back on track today, at least i have 6 days to get back into ketosis before weigh in so hopefully i'll still get a STS next week if i'm lucky.

Don't feel too bad re the carbs, I think we have all fallen off the wagon at times. The trick is to drink lots of water.

Just been out for a cycle for the first time in ages, did 4.95 miles according to the cycle thingy on my bike. It was the easiest 4.95 miles i've ever done on a bike, probably owing to the fact that the last time i got on the bike i was around 17 stone. I feel a little sweaty and am red in the face but i'm not really out of breath much... nice ride!

Today is also kettleworx day so i'll do that in a few minutes i think (i'm on week 4!), while my muscles are still warm. Hoping that all the exercise today will help burn off the glycogen/sugar in my body and get me back into ketosis quicker. Also nicer to exercise at the moment cos i've got plenty of carb energy = easier workouts ;).

I'm doing Kettleworx (it's a DVD set), i have a diary in the kettlebell section for it, you have to do 3 sessions a week for six weeks, one session cardio, one resistance, and one core. I'm on week 4 of 6 :)

that sounds good where did u get the dvd from?

dont beat yourself up for the pizza and carbfest, we all need a blow out sometimes and there is nothing like feeling sick to kick you back into the right frame of mind xx

Woo nearly 5 miles on the bike - that's very impressive. Does the kettle work DVD come with a kettle bell?

After a few weeks solidly in ketosis you become fat adapted and get the same energy boost from protein/fat as you did from carbs (not that I ever seem to get energy from carbs). Dr Attia talks about it and there's a book by the authors of the new Atkins new you book about ketosis' advantage in boosting athletic performance. All quite interesting.

Hope you're comfily back on the wagon and having a good day xx

Morning hope the restart is going well, well done on the bike ride.

I'm 15stone 10 this morning! eek! 6lbs heavier from the carb binge. To be expected i suppose. Was 100% yesterday so on my way back to keto-land.

The kettlebell workout i do came from Kettlebells @ KettleWorx UK - Kettlebell Fitness DVDs, Kettlebell Training and Kettlebell Exercises | Can You be the Biggest Loser it is quite expensive but i got a deal on groupon earlier in the year and paid i think less than half, they do run deals so i wouldn't suggest buying it at full price.

Thanks for the info, moonlights, that's interesting...

It will definitely come right off once you're getting back in K. Happens to us all xx

It's horrifying when u get on the scales after a binge ....I know I was when I got back off my holiday and discovered id put on a stone ....glad youve put it behind you and moved on .....well done on all the exercise ....and the bike ride ...well impressed x

Getting worried now, not lost a single pound after that one day binge, despite my best efforts and being 100% in the days since....i'm actually gaining if anything, this has not happened before... eek. :(

breakfast, scrambled egg & bacon
lunch, steak and broccoli
dinner, tuna mayo salad with cheese

not doing anything out of the ordinary, :(.

Are you back in ketosis yet? It can take up to 5 days. I have on previous times I've done atkins found that 1 day breaks can take longer to recover from than longer breaks - just a personal experience but I don't think the body likes being shocked out and plunged straight back in.

My rule of thumb is if I come out of K I write off the next 7 days (from the day I get back on the wagon) in terms of weight loss, and that's usually held true for me so far. So don't worry too soon, if nothing happens this week you might well have a slightly bigger loss next week to compensate xx

Back