Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Thanks Shrimp and Chelly. Lost 2lb this week which I'm pleased with. I've seen from reading everyones diaries that it is normal to lose less in week 2. Only 4 more lb and I'll have lost a stone - can't wait! Also measured myself this morning - because despite lots of comments about my weight loss I don't really see that much difference - and was amazed to find I'd actually lost inches too! I'm going to try some of the recipes from the exante site in week 4 when your advised to raise your intake for a week.
My only concern is that I need to start training for Race for Life as I want to run all of it and I'm worried about starting to burn muscle instead of fat.

When is your race for life? I'm pretty sure after about 3 weeks on TFR you will be stabilised enough to start your training!

I'm doing it twice - 16th June and 17th July. The second one is as 'team leader' for a group of 23 women - colleagues, daugters and friends. I was sent a badge that looks like a prefects' or blue peter badge :8855:That's the one I want to run. There will probably be lots of people there from work coming to watch too :eek: What I'll probably do is try toget some decent walks in with the dog this week and then start taining to coincide with week 4 and adding on the additional 200 calories. When I say 'training' I don't mean anything vigorous. I'll just follow a couch25K plan.

Yep that's sounds good! Just make sure you don't do too much =) good luck with doing both of them!!

I was a prefect in primary school lol! I loved my badge haha

I've been wearing mine with pride!

Just tried adding an espresso coffee to a hot vanilla shake - lush! Drank half and put the rest in the fridge for an iced latte after walking the dog. Lovely.......

Just tried adding an espresso coffee to a hot vanilla shake - lush! Drank half and put the rest in the fridge for an iced latte after walking the dog. Lovely.......

Lynne be aware we're supposed to consume the packs within 15 minutes of making them as they start to lose nutrients after that time. You'd be better off just adding ice if you want an iced latte rather than leaving it in the fridge.

Thanks Jael. Best drink it now!!!!!

Lynne, I run 3 miles (approx 5k) every other night. On those days I eat a little more I.e the mushroom omelette recipe on the Exante site and I take a fat free running drink with me. I also take a couple of sweets just in case I go wobbly (but have not needed them yet).... If I go much further I need a little more

Thanks for that Shrimp. I'm going to have a real go at training when I'm off work from next Saturday. Just realised, you and I are virtually the same height but I'm 2.5 stones heavier!

Good day today, 100% TS. :woohoo:Off to bed now.:nightf: Goodnight.

Oh yeah! It's a good idea to start the running when you have some time off. I try to push myself to the next level when I am off. I have been out tonight and have done 4 miles...I have noticed that even just losing the 9lb I can feel a difference when running.

i am off for a 4 day meeting with work this week (Wednesday to Saturday) and I am planning to get in the gym a couple of times shrimp x

Another 100% TS day today! This is the first time I have ever managed to keep to a diet. I had a welcome dilemma this morning. I usually dress casually for work apart from when I am going to meetings. This morning I needed to dress smartly for a meeting but couldn't find a pair of smart trousers that fit - they were all too big!!!

That's the kind of dilemma I like Lynne lol!! Well done =)

Another 100% TS day today. This is the first time I have EVER managed to stick to a diet. Can't believe I have actually gone down a whole size in less than 3 weeks!

4th day in a row with 100% TS. Bought some boullion yesterday and find a couple of cups a day really help stave off the hunger.I'm loving the weight loss but find I'm really tired at night. I've always gone to bed late but now tend to be tucked up by 10.00. Just as well really as I'm up at 5 most mornings.

I've been really tired recently too! But I might have a kidney infection so think that could be part of it! I was asleep for 9 last night lol!

Glad your loving the boullion I got a huge tub of it in holland and Barrett for £5 the other day! X

Hi Chelly. I fell asleep watching The Apprentice last night and have been watching Question Time tonight but keep dozing off. I have ordered a large tub of Boullion from Ama zon for ten pounds. Still feeling cold but not as bad as some days! Off to bed now - can't stay awake.

Today is the first day of 3 weeks off work and they will be a challenge as it is my birthday next Thursday and the following Tuesday I'm going to Lodon for 2 days with a friend.
Tomorrow is weigh in day; it is also day 1 of food week and I've already bought in eggs, mushrooms and green salad to make mushroom omelette for lunch - can't wait!
I'm still feeling extremely tired and cold. The weather isn't helping either, it's miserable! I got soaked walking Billy (my dog) last night.
I think I'll do a load of housework this afternoon - that should warm me up.

What size tub did you get from amazon?

Ohh that sounds lovely and I don't even like mushrooms lol!!!

I tortured myself last night looking up loads of recipes lol!

Hope you have a brilliant birthday!! What have you got planned for when your in London? I was there last month and we went to see wicked at the Apollo and it was my first ever musical an i loved it!! I wanna go back and see billy Elliot now too! Lol

Back