Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Today was weigh in day and I'd only lost 2lb again which was disappointing but 2lb means 2lb towards my target weight and I'll keep going! I think my weight loss is probably slow because I haven't been drinking enough water so I'm going to start keeping a record of how much I drink. This is my food week so I'm having mushroom omelette and green salad for lunch. I'm going to have a chocolate orange bar for breakfast, have latte coffees using a sachet of vanilla shake and pasta carbanara for tea.
I'm also starting to prepare for race for life this week. Today's plan will be to walk a route (with the dog) which I will use as my training route. While I am on the food week I am also going to keep a calorie count ant try to make sure I use up the extra calories I'm having.
Hi Chelly,
It was a 1kg tub. The low salt one isn't as nice as the one with salt but it is better for you. I go to the theatre in London every Summer with a group of young offenders. We usually see Blood Brothers (I've seen it 5 times!) but have also seen Billy Elliot. Both are brilliant. We are going down on 28th May to meet up with an artist we work with to plan this year's Summer Arts College and I think we'll probably go to see either Les Miserables or War Horse. I'm really looking forward to it.
Hope everyone has a good day today.
Lynne

Billy (my dog) and i have just walked 3 miles. It took 1hour 27 minutes and I am absolutely worn out! I don't know how I am ever going to run that far but this is a start. I'm going to run / walk it whenever I can - walking mainly at first - and gradually cut down on my time. A lot of it is up steep hills (I live in Derbyshire) and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to run it all but is certainly good practice for the Huddersfield race for life which is on a race track so flat. Not so sure about the Chesterfield event as I haven't done that one before.

Day 1 of food week and I've just had my first proper meal in 3 weeks. For some reason I haven't been hungry at all today and I could have done without but I'm hoping introducing different food and some exercise will kick start my weight loss and I'll lose more than 2lb this week. For my meal I had mushroom omelette and salad. Usually I would never ever contemplate eating salad without a good serving of mayonnaise, yet but today I ate it without and thoroughly enjoyed it!

2lb is good!...and you are close to your first stone

sounds like you had a good day...great o hear you have your route sorted. Don't worry about the hills even if you walk up them faster you will still be strengthening your breathing and improving your heart rate. You won't believe how easy it will be running on the flat. How often are you planning on gong out?

Hi Shrimp. I'm planning to do the route every day while I'm on leave. Once I'm doing some running on it I'll just walk it and walk / run it alternate days.

That sounds like a plan but please do give your legs a little rest some days...you will feel better and stronger

I've decided to walk it 4 or 5 times before I start trying to run parts. Billy and I walked the route again today but I couldn't time the walk properly as I saw friends twice and stopped to chat!

Whoop whoop....I bet it was god to catch up with your friends

It was but I want to time my walks and make them quicker. Tomorrow I am going on a longer walk with a friend and our dogs.

Enjoy yourself...I bet you are loving being off work

I am. It's also great being off for a whole 3 weeks. I just hope I don't overdo eating when I go to London. I've also been invited to a party on Saturday and don't really want to go because last time I did I ended having about 6 glasses of wine and lots of pizza!

I would go and just do your best to make the right choices...even if you make a few mistakes you have th rest o the week to get back on track.

I'm going to go to the party but take a bottle of water with me - life and soul of the party, that's me! I don't want to go mad on wine and pizza like I did last time. Am doing well with exercise. i decided not to push myself into running and stick to walking until I feel fitter. Today a friend and I took our dogs for a long walk and walked 7.2 miles. We're lucky to be surrounded by some beautiful countryside and it was a lovely walk including some pretty steep hills, walking through bluebell woods and with some beautiful views from the tops. We also saw some horses with baby foals. It was a lovely, but tiring, walk. The dog is absolutely worn out (he probably covered about 20 miles with the amount of running about he did) and has slept since we got back. We're planning to do another walk tomorrow which I'm looking forward to.
The other positive for me is that even though this is my food week I'm losing weight more quickly than I did over the last 2 weeks. I've actually lost 4lb since Sunday!

This made me laugh

l

Just got back from doing the same 7.2 mile walk again. I'm really proud of myself.

Blooming heck...you are doing really well with your exercise. I am off from Friday evening for a week and I plan to do loads of exercise as well...keep it up

Having a day off tomorrow for my birthday then doing the walk again on Friday. I'm trying to take advantage while I'm on leave.

Happy birthday and have a great day

Thanks Jael and Shrimp. I'm going to Meadowhall Shopping Centre to buy a new outfit for London next week. I usually hate clothes shopping but hope today is different!

Back