Martha's Diary - seeing it through to the end....

Duno how many of you miss cooking whilst on plan but I really do.

I still cook for my daughter of course but its just basic stuff nothing overly fancy just old favourites.

Made homemade tomato pasta sauce the other day for my husband and daughter. It's so frustrating when you can't taste it to see if its right. Had my husband stood next to me doing taste tests until it was ready lol which ended up being a fail because my daughter wouldn't eat it because it was too spicy :(

I also love baking!! Really missing that because my daughter was always my little helper.

Bought a new baking book this week and it arrived this morning filled with amazing recipes I cannot wait to try out.

The good thing about it is that I know I won't eat what I bake because I enjoy baking for other people.

It will be hard not to taste here and there but I trust myself not to. I will look forward to the nice stuff i can have when I'm in California this summer. That's my focus for now :)

How about you guys? Do u miss cooking or baking?

M xx

OMG MAJORLY!!!!!!

I spend hours on Pinterest pinning recipes I will make when I get to eat again! I got really excited when my boyfriend was home the other weekend and took him a food parcel of curry, chapattis, cookies and malai peda (Indian sweets) then made my dad a different curry, I just want to cook!!! I resisted All this weekend, however would have tried a new recipe if it weren't for the lack of an ingredient!

Whilst on plan I have baked a new bread recipe, lemon drizzle cake, Viennese whirls, lentil fritters, curries, pilaff, cookies, I can't stop myself, and yes it's bloody hard!! Cooking and baking are my passions which I have had to virtually give up, I used to spend all weekend in the kitchen! And now my mum has started slim'n'save she's not even eating so its only my dad, so I can't really cook anything since he's have to eat all of it, and if we're honest he needs to lose weight anyhow!!!

Ordinarily I could bake as take into work, but honestly, I don't much like most of the people I work with right now so don't want to do that either! Other half it back again Saturday though, so an excuse to bake Friday night (yay) more cookies, coconut kisses and tbc on the menu, can't wait!

Totally agree with u, I love cooking/baking & miss it, did make potatoe dinosaurs from scratch for my 2 yest which they didn't even eat!!! & threw out a whole loaf of cheesy bread that I'd baked 2 yest cause nobody ate it, prob I have if its slightly dif to normal no one apart from me will eat it & I can't now? U r doing so well though, I'm totally impressed by how well everyone keeps doing at the mo while I'm doing rubbish!!! U prove it can b done though so stick with it, ur loses r g8.
X

Know how you feel too, that loaf of bread I made barely got touched, after all that effort! So I refused to waste it, dried it out in the oven and blended it into breadcrumbs, it will bloody get eaten!!

OMG MAJORLY!!!!!!

I spend hours on Pinterest pinning recipes I will make when I get to eat again! I got really excited when my boyfriend was home the other weekend and took him a food parcel of curry, chapattis, cookies and malai peda (Indian sweets) then made my dad a different curry, I just want to cook!!! I resisted All this weekend, however would have tried a new recipe if it weren't for the lack of an ingredient!

Whilst on plan I have baked a new bread recipe, lemon drizzle cake, Viennese whirls, lentil fritters, curries, pilaff, cookies, I can't stop myself, and yes it's bloody hard!! Cooking and baking are my passions which I have had to virtually give up, I used to spend all weekend in the kitchen! And now my mum has started slim'n'save she's not even eating so its only my dad, so I can't really cook anything since he's have to eat all of it, and if we're honest he needs to lose weight anyhow!!!

Ordinarily I could bake as take into work, but honestly, I don't much like most of the people I work with right now so don't want to do that either! Other half it back again Saturday though, so an excuse to bake Friday night (yay) more cookies, coconut kisses and tbc on the menu, can't wait!

I know exactly what you mean! I love cooking and baking and I guess that's prob how we got here in the first place! Aha

So frustrating when you want to bake nice things and can't because it will be wasted or if someone mentions it's not right it's frustrating to not know why because you know with one taste you would know exactly how to fix it!! But with one taste you could also be completely knocked off plan!

Think il definitely bake something from the new baking book I got this weekend with my daughter. It's the home sweet home version from the humming bird bakery incase your interested. Has amazing recipes and was only £10 on amazon.

I know what you mean about bringing the stuff into work. There's plenty that would scoff what I make but for me my baking is like a special gift for those I love and I'm not about to start handing out goodies that I've put effort into for people that are more hindrances than helps in my life.

I bet you can't wait to cook new things and actually be able enjoy them! I know I can't (in moderation) lol

Xxx

Know what u both mean, I have a long list of things I want to bake & things I want to eat when off plan just abit worried that this shows that my attitudes to food haven't really changed so will b back here nxt yr, lol!!! & I'd literally kill for a bag of chips, never used to even eat them much but all I can think about now! Crazy! Xx

Oh yes, in moderation of course!

Wow, looks like a good book, I quite fancy the cinnamon buns! mmmm.

It's gonna be hard, but hopefully there will be a future where we can go back to baking, and just have a bit! No more of that "oh I just need to try one more lol.

Lol definitely a lovely book! I know what you mean about the eating habits not changing but I'm so determined to do it right this time. I think baking is defiantly in out futures lol.

Just as long as we keep focus girls we can do it and that will be so good and exciting!

Xxx

So yesterday was awful! I was so hungry! Prob not been this way since week one.

But I never gave in and I'm now on week 7 100% ss. I really can't believe it.

I'm finding it hard this time because the weight just is not shifting as quickly this time around which annoys me because last time I was really noticing the scales moving and I was under the impression because I'm heavier that I will still loose fast because I'm nowhere near goal and i know its inevitable that it slows eventually I was just hoping it wouldn't be this soon!

I still have just under 8 stone to loose and I'd really like to loose as much as I can before I go away in June!

Feeling more tired than usual this week, falling asleep quite easily which is unheard of for me.

Not getting weighed until may 1st so I'm hoping I can match last fortnights loss of 8lb but really I'm hoping its more lol why do we always want more?!?

Anyway enough rambling! Hope you are all still focused and even when we have bad days if our heads in the right place our bodies are sure to follow

M xxxx

image-624135772.jpg

So yesterday was awful! I was so hungry! Prob not been this way since week one.

But I never gave in and I'm now on week 7 100% ss. I really can't believe it.

I'm finding it hard this time because the weight just is not shifting as quickly this time around which annoys me because last time I was really noticing the scales moving and I was under the impression because I'm heavier that I will still loose fast because I'm nowhere near goal and i know its inevitable that it slows eventually I was just hoping it wouldn't be this soon!

I still have just under 8 stone to loose and I'd really like to loose as much as I can before I go away in June!

Feeling more tired than usual this week, falling asleep quite easily which is unheard of for me.

Not getting weighed until may 1st so I'm hoping I can match last fortnights loss of 8lb but really I'm hoping its more lol why do we always want more?!?

Anyway enough rambling! Hope you are all still focused and even when we have bad days if our heads in the right place our bodies are sure to follow

M xxxx

View attachment 87606

Ah see! I swear there is such a thing as a 7 week itch!

Think your right I smell everything! Even what the people are cooking down the street lol to be fair I've had a few temptations lately I was at the market on Sunday and lots of yummy food and then for coffee with a friend yday between lectures and she had a bagel and just the smell drove me nuts!

But I sat with my mint tea and behaved lol

Xx

Think your right I smell everything! Even what the people are cooking down the street lol to be fair I've had a few temptations lately I was at the market on Sunday and lots of yummy food and then for coffee with a friend yday between lectures and she had a bagel and just the smell drove me nuts!

But I sat with my mint tea and behaved lol

Xx

Well done!! Is it just me but are you finding your sense of smell is hyper? I can identify smells from far away that noone else does! We went to ripleys in London the other day and all of a sudden I smelt Cinnabon, about 5mins later we left and there it was. Woman who sits next to me at work laughs at me since I'm always asking her is she can smell some sort of food! In all fairness there is a test kitchen 2 floors down so the smells are real, I just tend to pick then up when others don't!!

X

Loool! I really do! I smell everything and in our house when you have cooked the smell rises and when I go to bed I still smell what the hubby has been cooking and even if it was nothing special it smells like the most amazing thing!

I feel like a smelling machine aha!

Sometimes smelling something helps tho but defo not on a day like yesterday lol

Xx

well im just glad today is over! even worse when your sat at home all evening with nobody to talk to but the dog aha! any of you guys go on that site mybodygallery? its jus got pics of women at dif heights and sizes and gives a good idea what you look like or what you hope to look like? its quite motivational!

Check it out!

How are you ladies doing???

heres to tomorrow

M xx

UGH! The smelling thing is unfortunatley not limited to food, I can smell something I'd really rather not, let's just say someone near me appears to be having their TOTM, bleuugghhh.

Oh yeah, I found that site the other day, It's reassuring since I was beginning to panic thinking that when I get to target that I might not be where I imagined, but using images on there as an average i'd say I should be fine :)

Hows today going?

x

Today hasn't gone too bad but it's still early lol

Eugh!! Aha! Wow ur sense of smell is really taking over. I know what you mean tho everything smells strong like you're right next too it whether its pleasant or not!

Hopefully today is a good day

Xxx

So...? How was today?

Today was fine! Jumped on the scales and was 1.8lb lighter so maybe this is a good sign and promising for my weigh in on weds.

Was still hungry but nothing I couldn't cope with and just had my last product there and feeling quite tired. May have something to do with the heat blasting lol I love it.

I'm happy at the moment with knowing I am not gonna crack and eat something because I just know I'm not its hard to explain. Still frustrating when the scales don't reflect ur hard work but if I keep doing what I'm doing then I'm sure to keep loosing.

Plod on is the plan lol

Must get some recipes off you for the curries you make! I've nvr made a proper curry before and I would love to be able to make nice curries when I'm allowed to eat again lol

Thanks for keeping me focused huni it's a geat thing to be able to talk things out work someone going through the same thing as you

M xxx

I'm happy at the moment with knowing I am not gonna crack and eat something because I just know I'm not its hard to explain.

Totally get that, I managed to stay in that mindset for quite a while, it's just now that it's lapsing a little, yet actually when I though about it this morning I've not actaully properly cheated, it's not like I've had an actual something if that makes sense, its only ever been a lick or a crumb.

Must get some recipes off you for the curries you make! I've nvr made a proper curry before and I would love to be able to make nice curries when I'm allowed to eat again lol

Absolutely, I'll put a list of links together for you at some point, and the great thing about curry is that as long as you're not too generous with the oil it's really healthy!

Thanks for keeping me focused huni it's a geat thing to be able to talk things out work someone going through the same thing as you

You're welcome, and I agree, I'm glad you came along since the forum was starting to get a bit quiet, it seems a lot of the people who started when I did at the beginning of the year have fallen by the wayside :-s

xx

That's the unfortunate part of a diet like this when people fall off the wagon but it is hard to stick with and we are only human.

I'm kind of at the stage where I just cannot be bothered with cheating and having to get bk into ketosis! Dreading that when I get back from America after all the yumminess!

My cousin is a personal trainer and has been going on about boot camp and running when I'm there lol she was told I am gonna slap her lol

We shall see tho I would like her to make me out a work out plan anyway because I'm gonna have to start at some point.

Today is fine so far! Got some more water flavour so it's going down that little bit easier and if course drinking my mint tea.

If you told me 18 months ago I'd b drinking mint tea and actually enjoying it I'd have laughed in your face lol

M xx

Back