Martha's Diary - seeing it through to the end....

Feeling really rubbish today!

I knew this last night when my throat started to swell!

So woke this morning with a sore throat and my entire body aching!

Not really quite sure if it will last or it's just a day thing.

Nevertheless today has been 100% and 1 product left to have when I get the little lady in bed.

Think il be joining her after masterchef lol very tired today!

Hope you are all staying positive

Xx

Ugh! Not fun! My throat has started today too, can slowly feel it heading downwards, ready for a long weekend hey?!

Lol thats the crap thing about being sick on this diet because you just want something comforting. I would have warm milk and honey usually but not happening I'm determined to stick with it! I know it will pass eventually.

Have you made the cookies yet? I wanna see pics! Lol

Have u anything planned this weekend apart from time with rana?

My daughter is stayin with my sister tmz so il finish one assignment from Uni and I've my friends mums 50th on sat and meeting her new man ( she teaches in Liverpool so don't see her much) then my dad takes Emily on Sundays and hubby works Fridays and Sundays every weekend so il start my final essay of the year then hopefully have it done for Friday which is the last day before exams! I've only one this semester thankfully and another exam for my counselling course too! Come 24th may I will be 100% focused on my holiday preparation and chillin like a villain until then!! Lol

Still no word on getting ur trip booked? Have you spoken to her?

Xx

Lol thats the crap thing about being sick on this diet because you just want something comforting. I would have warm milk and honey usually but not happening I'm determined to stick with it! I know it will pass eventually.

Have you made the cookies yet? I wanna see pics! Lol

Have u anything planned this weekend apart from time with rana?

My daughter is stayin with my sister tmz so il finish one assignment from Uni and I've my friends mums 50th on sat and meeting her new man ( she teaches in Liverpool so don't see her much) then my dad takes Emily on Sundays and hubby works Fridays and Sundays every weekend so il start my final essay of the year then hopefully have it done for Friday which is the last day before exams! I've only one this semester thankfully and another exam for my counselling course too! Come 24th may I will be 100% focused on my holiday preparation and chillin like a villain until then!! Lol

Still no word on getting ur trip booked? Have you spoken to her?

Xx

Yeah, the most comforting thing is a shake lol, honey and lemon would go down a treat right now, I might actually go allout and have a cup of tea - with milk!! a cup of tea makes everything better right!! oh that reminds me, how were the new teas you bought?

No cookies yet, forgot actually (oops), i think cookies will be my max, i did manage expectations where curry is concerned last time I spoke to him, though I do really wanna give that egg one a go, and I do kinda feel bad since i sent him back with loads for a week and this time it'll be 2 weeks and not much :-s ah we'll see how i feel this evening! That's pretty much it here, apart from some gardening maybe - i'm into growing edible things lol, and maybe a bit more reading.

UGH! I admire your dedication, I hated essays, I guess that is why I didn't get the best results at uni! not long to go though for you! what are you studying?

Is there a party or anything for your mum? Potential eating situation to confront?

Still no holiday, but I think there will be early next week, there needs to be, it's stressing me out, my last 2 cruises have been stressful since i wasn't 100% sure if i was going, or if i'd have a room etc etc until the last last minute, so this should be the first time in ages that I can relax about it all! grr. it'll work out, gotta think positive!

Yeah, the most comforting thing is a shake lol, honey and lemon would go down a treat right now, I might actually go allout and have a cup of tea - with milk!! a cup of tea makes everything better right!! oh that reminds me, how were the new teas you bought?

No cookies yet, forgot actually (oops), i think cookies will be my max, i did manage expectations where curry is concerned last time I spoke to him, though I do really wanna give that egg one a go, and I do kinda feel bad since i sent him back with loads for a week and this time it'll be 2 weeks and not much :-s ah we'll see how i feel this evening! That's pretty much it here, apart from some gardening maybe - i'm into growing edible things lol, and maybe a bit more reading.

UGH! I admire your dedication, I hated essays, I guess that is why I didn't get the best results at uni! not long to go though for you! what are you studying?

Is there a party or anything for your mum? Potential eating situation to confront?

Still no holiday, but I think there will be early next week, there needs to be, it's stressing me out, my last 2 cruises have been stressful since i wasn't 100% sure if i was going, or if i'd have a room etc etc until the last last minute, so this should be the first time in ages that I can relax about it all! grr. it'll work out, gotta think positive!

A shake for comfort doesn't quite cut it lol took the coffee with milk option myself but feeling much better today thankfully. The teas are good except the camomile and spiced apple one. Not as keen on that one compared to the others. I bought some of the suki tea loose leaves as well a few weeks ago and I'm loving the nano mint!

Sounds like a nice chilled weekend. I'm sure rana will be happy with whatever you make him if you have made the effort after a long week.

The gardening sounds good! I would love to grow herbs n that in my garden but I nvr seem to have time! I will make it my mission one day tho lol

I'm studying a joint honours in criminology and sociology and I'm almost done with my nvq in therapeutic counselling.

Final year of Uni this sept and I'm taking the plunge with starting the level 4 diploma in the counselling too but it's one night a week for 2 years! I figured il b half way done by the time I graduate and I love it so much. It's definitely the path I want to follow career ways. I have my role play assessment on Tuesday night lol not looking forward to it but il get over it I'm sure!

It's not my mum it's my friends mum. Yea there will most likely be nibbles but I won't be tempted. My friend was saying last night 1 bottle of wine won't kill you lol and I just said no because its no her than will be tempted by food when tipsy or knocked out of ketosis or having to lose the weight I put on from that one bottle. I'm not worried il enjoy myself anyway so it won't be a problem for me and it is me on this journey so I won't be guilt tripped into drinking.

My friend is very supportive btw prob the most out of all my friends so I hope I haven't painted her in a negative light lol

I'm sure you are going crazy waiting for this holiday to be booked lol mine has been booked since September lol I don't know how I've coped with the wait. I know it will be worth it tho.

You gonna make the curry then? Or still deciding? :)

Xxxx

A shake for comfort doesn't quite cut it lol took the coffee with milk option myself but feeling much better today thankfully. The teas are good except the camomile and spiced apple one. Not as keen on that one compared to the others. I bought some of the suki tea loose leaves as well a few weeks ago and I'm loving the nano mint!

Sounds like a nice chilled weekend. I'm sure rana will be happy with whatever you make him if you have made the effort after a long week.

The gardening sounds good! I would love to grow herbs n that in my garden but I nvr seem to have time! I will make it my mission one day tho lol

I'm studying a joint honours in criminology and sociology and I'm almost done with my nvq in therapeutic counselling.

Final year of Uni this sept and I'm taking the plunge with starting the level 4 diploma in the counselling too but it's one night a week for 2 years! I figured il b half way done by the time I graduate and I love it so much. It's definitely the path I want to follow career ways. I have my role play assessment on Tuesday night lol not looking forward to it but il get over it I'm sure!

It's not my mum it's my friends mum. Yea there will most likely be nibbles but I won't be tempted. My friend was saying last night 1 bottle of wine won't kill you lol and I just said no because its no her than will be tempted by food when tipsy or knocked out of ketosis or having to lose the weight I put on from that one bottle. I'm not worried il enjoy myself anyway so it won't be a problem for me and it is me on this journey so I won't be guilt tripped into drinking.

My friend is very supportive btw prob the most out of all my friends so I hope I haven't painted her in a negative light lol

I'm sure you are going crazy waiting for this holiday to be booked lol mine has been booked since September lol I don't know how I've coped with the wait. I know it will be worth it tho.

You gonna make the curry then? Or still deciding? :)

Xxxx

Grow some herbs now, they're so easy, you just need to water them occasionally! And chillies are super easy to grow too :)

Curry made! Licked a tiny bit, forgot I had out extra chilli powder AND chillies to suit the Indian taste buds, almost blew my brains out with the tip of a teaspoon!

Cookies done too!

Here's the curry... Not impressed of the quantity from the recipe though- he'll eat that in one...

image-4087506848.jpg

What herbs do you grow? The curry looks great! How does the eggs come into it? Lol I'm sure he will be pleased no matter how much there is :)

Lol I'm sure it burned the mouth off you!

Thanks :) I can't wait to get the studying done and just get a job doing what I enjoy!

Xxx

What herbs do you grow? The curry looks great! How does the eggs come into it? Lol I'm sure he will be pleased no matter how much there is :)

Lol I'm sure it burned the mouth off you!

Thanks :) I can't wait to get the studying done and just get a job doing what I enjoy!

Xxx

I'm growing coriander and basil from seed at the moment, but have also got mint, chives, sage and thyme. I love that if you need a herb you can just nip outside and get it!

The eggs are boiled, then deep fried in a spice paste, then halved and mixed into the curry. I'm not gonna lie, if I spoonful heads in my direction I won't reject it!

I'm growing coriander and basil from seed at the moment, but have also got mint, chives, sage and thyme. I love that if you need a herb you can just nip outside and get it!

The eggs are boiled, then deep fried in a spice paste, then halved and mixed into the curry. I'm not gonna lie, if I spoonful heads in my direction I won't reject it!

Il look into that when the craziness of the last few weeks at Uni are over lol.

Lol if a spoonful heads in ur direction your head may explode lol sounds good though :)

Xx

Well tonight at my friends mums party was a success!! Drank water all evening and had my bar and had a great time :)

Very proud and got lots of compliments which always helps!

Hope your all doing well :)

M x

Feeling so rubbish today!! Was up all night with swollen glands again. This has been on and off since January. Nvr had any probs with my glands before that which is so annoying.

Hoping its going to pass without a visit to the docs as don't wanna take meds because I don't wanna eat food at all!!

It might sound stupid but if I eat anything now il feel like a failure and I'd be afraid incase I didn't just stop at the veg and protein.

With my track record on this diet I feel like I need to do the full 12 weeks totally ss no cheats just to prove something to myself? Ah I dunno.

Then another thing that's annoyed me. I had a comment today sayin oh I look like I've lost weight but not to go too far? I'm over 18 stone. I'm far from being slim. Just thinking to myself so it begins!

Xxx

Feeling so rubbish today!! Was up all night with swollen glands again. This has been on and off since January. Nvr had any probs with my glands before that which is so annoying.

Hoping its going to pass without a visit to the docs as don't wanna take meds because I don't wanna eat food at all!!

It might sound stupid but if I eat anything now il feel like a failure and I'd be afraid incase I didn't just stop at the veg and protein.

With my track record on this diet I feel like I need to do the full 12 weeks totally ss no cheats just to prove something to myself? Ah I dunno.

Then another thing that's annoyed me. I had a comment today sayin oh I look like I've lost weight but not to go too far? I'm over 18 stone. I'm far from being slim. Just thinking to myself so it begins!

Xxx

Aw Hun, that sucks!

I was the same about eating, look how long it took me to allow myself a SS+ day, which sometimes I still feel guilty about!

Grrrr. Wish people would keep their opinions to themselves, if we wanted them we'd ask. There's Plenty I could say to people I know, but is not my place, why is our weight any different!

Aw Hun, that sucks!

I was the same about eating, look how long it took me to allow myself a SS+ day, which sometimes I still feel guilty about!

Grrrr. Wish people would keep their opinions to themselves, if we wanted them we'd ask. There's Plenty I could say to people I know, but is not my place, why is our weight any different!

Sucks indeed!

Start of week 9 today so really not long til 12 weeks is up and I'm praying the swelling goes down because I've an assessment tmz night for my counselling.

I kno! I'm nowhere near goal and I just feel like blah! Can't deal with hearing this already lol

Xx

Few pics from sat night not sure there's much diff from my pj pic a few weeks ago but at least I'm wearing proper clothes in this one lol

Excuse the mess

image-1837259418.jpg

image-3649018665.jpg

How did your assessment go?

I think there's Deffo a difference from the PJ pic! Well done you!

I used to take pictures every week in the same outfit, stopped at week 5, but really wish I had kept it up now!

How did your assessment go?

I think there's Deffo a difference from the PJ pic! Well done you!

I used to take pictures every week in the same outfit, stopped at week 5, but really wish I had kept it up now!

Thanks for asking huni. I passed but tutor said he wanted to talk to me next week. Very nerve wrecking lol

Thanks for noticing the diff lol and I wish I'd taken pics in same outfit too. Such an idea!

Those pj bottoms were from when I was preg! They actually drop to my ankle when I walk lol but so comfy

Xx

Back