Molly & Sam Race to Target

WI last night and I lost another 1lb despite adding a few bits ... but I picked up some food diaries and am logging as from today, to see if I can figure it out lol.

I also won our group's 'Woman of the Year' and the raffle, which was an electronic salt/pepper grinder ... an absolute godsend given how much pepper I grind into my big vats of freezer bound meals, even if it does mean a reduction in 'Body Magic' ;)

Good luck for tomorrow Sam :D xx

1.5 off :) I'm in the 11s whoop whoop! Another 1.5 gets me my 5.5st so I'll be trying for that this week :).

WI last night and I lost another 1lb despite adding a few bits ... but I picked up some food diaries and am logging as from today, to see if I can figure it out lol.

I also won our group's 'Woman of the Year' and the raffle, which was an electronic salt/pepper grinder ... an absolute godsend given how much pepper I grind into my big vats of freezer bound meals, even if it does mean a reduction in 'Body Magic' ;)

Good luck for tomorrow Sam :D xx

congratulations on your win(s)! What an amazing couple of weeks for you!! :) how lovely! What did you win for woman of the year? I guess it's not chocolates? ;)

Well done Sam :D There's nothing quite like dipping into that next stone zone is there?

I got a bunch of flowers, the ubiquitous sash, a certificate and a shiny sticker (we all know how much I appreciate the stickers lol). Sadly I also got an enormous questionnaire to fill out for SW head office as well -they need it for the main competition apparently. As far as I can gather anyone can win the group competition as it's voted for by fellow group members, but to go into the national competition you have to reach certain criteria (to have lost more than 3 stone, to attend group and to be at healthy bmi or within 1 stone of it). If you meet those (which I do) the next stage is an area final, which is decided by SW (whether that's local consultants or HO I'm not sure) - if you get through that then there is a regional final (ie a larger geographical area) and then the national final (with both of those being chosen by SW).

By the last 2 stages I think the criteria has upped to having lost over 4 stone and they are interested in your story as much as the actual overall amount lost ... which makes sense as they are, let's face it, looking for what will bring them the best publicity and therefore attract the most new business. It's not really my cup of tea - way out of my comfort zone lol - but the national prize is a holiday in the Maldives or a 3 grand cash prize so it's worth a shot on the off chance ... and I know it would mean a lot to my consultant, who has never been anything but sweet and supportive, so I'll ride the banana boat until I get thrown off ;)

The chocolate suggestion isn't as unlikely as it sounds either <rolls eyes> ... apparently at the national stage, at least (I'm not sure about the others) the whole ceremony is a banquet that is reportedly very un SW friendly - go figure!

2lb off this week, but a morning WI which always throws out my numbers so I've updated my stats but am treating it as a STS to all intents and purposes ... we'll see what the scales say next Monday for a better idea.

Good luck for tomorrow Sam xx

I'm struggling again at the moment. I've had three gains in three weeks but the last two have been hormonal. My implant seems to have managed to give me a fortnight a worth of period after months of nothing. I can't win. Hoping for a loss next week now and to get back on track. I'm going to try and incorporate a few more filling breakfasts. For example ninjas quinoa porridge this morning with grated apple and chopped banana and cinnamon. It was lovely and I'm really really full!

Ooooh - that sounds like a yummy breakfast :D I'm not that keen on quinoa but banana and cinnamon are regular additions to my normal porridge ... I've also recently become addicted to adding ground cinnamon to my black coffee - absolutely delicious (and reportedly great for improving sugar metabolism which is a plus). I do think a filling, slow energy release, breakfast helps :)

I went to a friend's house for dinner last night and had the most gorgeous aubergine bake - basically thick aubergine slices, coated in a mixture of rice crumbs mixed with italian herbs, sprayed with frylight and baked in the oven for 10 minutes, then layered into an ovenproof dish and covered in a tomato and onion sauce, baked, topped with grated (HEa) cheese and finished off in the oven for long enough for the cheese to melt. It was a recipe of hers made SW friendly, so I've asked her for it and will pass it on to you as it was a perfect, comfort food, green day dinner :) The rice crumbs were a perfect substitute for breadcrumbs and even though I guess it's technically a tweak we didn't have any other starchy carbs with it, so (as far as I'm concerned anyway) it was syn free lol.

Back