My 50 Day Challenge

Keep strong and don't succumb to those cravings ;)

perhaps have some healthy snacks within reach of your pc, so you can stop and have them, without craving something 'more exciting'?

Enjoy your weekend :)

Day 15

Weight-274
Diet-P:273.4, C:247.1, F:68.7, Calories: 2700
Exercise:
(repsxweight)
One Arm Dumbbell Row: 10x21, 10x21 (+1.25next week)
Bench Press & EZ Curl Superset:12x30&[23.5x6], 6x62.5&[23.5x6],6x62.5&[23.5x6] (BenchPress+5kg, EZ Curl +1.5kg next week)
Overhead Tricep Press: 8x21, 8x21 (up 1.5kg next week)

After this some cardio:

150 step-ups (7mins&3secs) ->3mins light bag work -> 100 step-ups (4mins&55secs)-> 3mins light bag work -> 50 step-ups(2mins&30secs) -> 3mins light bag work.

Comments/Thoughts: Had a fun and productive day. I ate very clean today (I do most days, but today was super): rice, chicken, fish etc. I didn't get any fruit and veg in.. but I did take my multi-vitamin.

Exercising was a lot of fun today, I sweated buckets (ewww) and felt like I got a great workout :)

I've been thinking a lot about the future and I think most of all I'm looking forward to when I get to try and build some muscle again (this time next year? December 2012?)... and can work on putting up some big squat and deadlift numbers. But that's a long way off, for now, I'm just happy I haven't woke up drunk in the last two weeks (that sounds awful - lol) and can get up the stairs without wheezing.

Thanks to everyone who reads and posts in my thread, your support means a lot :)

xx

Great step starting to love the exercise and thinking about new future goals. Always lovely to dream - especially when it is a dream that can come true.

Maybe I should try the challenge of not drinking for two weeks, sounds like hard work :party0016:... LOL maybe not!

Good luck.

Yes Lift, all your dreams can and will come true :)

You are so committed, it can't fail to work :)

I admire your committment to exercise, I get tired just reading about your workouts ;)

onwards and downwards!

Thanks Rose :)

Day 16

Weight: 275.25
Diet -P: 221, C: 158.9, F: 89.9 (errm oopsy), Calories: 2328.7
Exercise: Rest day - Woke up pretty sore all over, and didn't want to push myself and spend the day with no energy!

Comments/Thoughts:

The diet was pretty poor today, had to grab a couple sandwiches on the go and etc. Proper planning will help! The number isn't bad, 2327 calories is about 650 below by AMR (on a non-exercise day), so that's fine - it's where they came from, far too much fat and not enough protein and carbs. But it happens!

But diet aside, I had a fairly productive day and met some nice people, which is a real rareity - so that was super :). I'm hoping to get three cardio and a resistance session done before monday - which gives just one day off (Friday I think); but I will listen to my body and see what's what.

As always huge thanks to everyone reading and posting here :)

xxxx

Day 17

Weight-274
Diet -P:242, C:216.3, F: 39.5, Calories: 2188.7
Exercise: Walk: 2.68miles, approx 65mins&557kcal

Comments/Thoughts: It was a nice walk this morning and I did it immediately after my protein shake - so a great healthy start to the day. I'm a little worried about my calorie intake - my aim is to consume at most 1000 calories less than my AMR, and given today's exercise I think I'm just a touch too low.

I think some light bag work and step-ups tomorrow.

Eeek just got home, what a long yucky day!

Day 18

Weight: 274 (come on 269!)
Diet-P:194.6, C:191, F:69.3, Calories: 2166.1
Exercise:

First I walked 1.73 Miles (36mins, burning around 363.6 calories), then I did 3x3mins of light bag work (with 1 mins rest stops in between) finishing with 100 step ups.

Kinda annoyed at my low calorie (and protein) consumption; given my AMR I was shooting for 2.5k not 2.15k and 250g of protein, gonna work a lot harder on my diet as of the weekend. Tomorrow will be problematic as I will most likely be out from 6.30am - 6.30pm and haven't got round to buying protein bars and healthy sandwich stuffs/other snacks.

There's no excuse for it, I need to work harder!

Much love to all xxx

Ordered an exercise bike yesterday (finally light enough to use one). My last one broke after a decade of sporadic use, so it will be nice to have that cardio option again!

I'm most excited at the prospect of being able to do HIIT again (note: not actually doing HIIT haha) and if the bike is as quiete as stated I will be able to exercise early in the morning and late at night too.

Hurrah

xxxx

Hi Lift

great news on the exercise bike :) You might remember from my diary that I bought one 2 weeks ago, knowing the max user weight was 19st 10lb :eek:...but 'looking' at it everyday :rolleyes:, desperate to get on it is keeping me focused...another 11lb off, and I'll be cycling for scotland ;)

Good luck with yours. You are doing so very well :)

Thanks Rose! I do remember! You're so close to your 19st10.. and I bet you'll be even closer after your next weigh in :)

I had a fairly pointless day, felt tired and sorta down, so instead of doing the pile of work on my desk I watched movies. Hurrah

Day 20
Weight:273.5lbs
Diet-P:211.96, C:263.75, F: 78.97, Calories: 2613.57
Exercise: Not today :(
I like a good movie:D Hope you're feeling better today.

Yay to having time off and watching a movie instead of the workload, today is another day and tomorrow another one again ;)

thanks for kind words, weigh in tomorrow :eek:

Good luck with what is left of the weekend :)

when do you expect delivery of your bike?

Thanks everyone :)

I am feeling much better today, I think I was just generally tired from a difficult week - and it's so easy to get all :( when you're tired. Today really felt like a new day (sometimes it just feels like one long crappy day with a few long naps thrown in), woke up at 8am, knocked out five hours of work, visited family and then went for a walk. Gonna get a little more work in and then settle down in bed with radio 4.

Rose - I reckon the bike will arrive tomorrow! I hope so because I'm out on Tuesday so it better not arrive then! Once I get it I think it will be my main form of cardio - I am bored of walking and it's getting painful (not in a good way).

Day 21 (can't believe it's been so long)

Weight: 273.5 (come on 269 - one day I will step on the scales and be very happy)
Diet-P:208.21, C: 204.87, F: 85.64, Calories: 2423.08
Exercise: Walked 2.84Miles, 63mins20s

Back