My daily food diary...thinking slim!!!

Thanks Sammy! Good luck for yours on Sunday! :)

Day 19- 30/01/15

Lunch - chicken curry noodle soup. I love this one! :)
Afternoon snack - Mint chocolate shake. Okay but not great.
Dinner - cheesy pasta. Not a huge fan! Did manage to get it thicker this time.
Evening snack - chocolate orange bar. Definitely a favourite! :)
Extras - Usuals.
Managed all my water.

The wee one is staying with her GG tonight (my grandma) and OH and I would usually take the opportunity for a takeaway, a few bottles of wine and a good load of chuckles. Really missed that tonight. It's hard to have an at home date night with slim and save alternatives and still get the same vibe! He's being so supportive which almost makes it worse cos I know he really enjoys our date nights too and they're few and far between as it is! I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run though! Roll on next weigh day!

Last edited:
Day 20- 31/01/15

Lunch - Hazelnut Shake - had this warm with coffee. Tasty.
Afternoon snack - chocolate caramel shake, had this one warm too. Very very sweet.
Dinner - 100g rump steak, 200g of carrot, swede, baby corn and ménage tout. Made today a lifestyle day as felt the need for some 'real' food. Thoroughly enjoyed it and all with limits! Woop!
Evening snack - praline bar. First time I've tried this. Was bloody lovely! :)
Extras - usuals
Managed all my water.

Enjoyed my lifestyle day today but won't be indulging often. Don't trust myself with all the yummy proper food. Back to simplicity tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Day 21 - 01/02/15

Lunch - cafe latte shake, warm with extra coffee.
Afternoon snack - Banoffee porridge, really sweet but definitely a favourite, wish I'd ordered more!
Dinner - chili con carne with zero rice. One of my favourite meal packs.
Evening snack - honey nougat bar. Yet to try a bar I don't like!
Extras - usuals
Managed all my water.

Weigh day tomorrow. Quite excited. Still find it hard not weighing everyday, getting there though! Don't want my life to be ruled by the scales! :)

Good luck.with the weight in. You've had another great week x

Day 22 - 02/02/15 and week 3 weigh in.

Week 3 weigh in and another 5lb down. Blooming love this diet! 19lb in 3 weeks? I'll take that! Also 28% of my way through my weight loss journey according to my stats! :)

Lunch - vanilla shake with coffee and warmed up. Vanilla latte, yes please! :)
Afternoon snack - vegetable soup, was just okay.
Dinner - spicy spaghetti. Lovely.
Evening snack - lemon bar. Yummy!
Extras- the usuals.
Managed all my water.

I've managed to avoid my usual daily weighing whilst on this diet as I don't want the scales ruling my life. Instead I find myself literally just counting the days till my next weigh in. Don't really fancy my chances when the weigh day comes where I get a stay the same. Think it'll knock me for six. Just have to hope I'm close to goal before that happens!

Well done! That's fantastic xx

Thanks Sammy! I'm more than a bit pleased! :)

Day 23 - 03/02/15

Lunch - Oatmeal
Afternoon snack - chocolate hazelnut shake. Was looking forward to this but tasted a bit funny. Like burnt hazelnuts!
Dinner - cottage pie.
Evening snack - mint chocolate truffa! Yummy!
Extras - usuals.
Managed all my water.

Feeling good off the back of my weigh in yesterday. However, I'm getting thoroughly fed up of the meal packs. It's not the packs as such, there is amazing variety and I like the vast majority of it. I just miss actually enjoying eating and looking forward to a meal as apposed to just getting through it. It's all just a means to an end though I guess. Onwards and downwards!

Day 24 - 04/01/15

Lunch - beef curry noodle soup. Really like this.
Afternoon snack - cookies and cream shake, had this warm but without the coffee this time. Much nicer.
Dinner - mild curry and cauliflower rice. Really didn't like this this time. Loved this at first too! :(
Evening snack - vanilla and almond bar. Love this bar, unfortunately it's a lot smaller than the other bars which is not good when I'm looking forward to my sweet fix! Lol
Extras - usuals.
Managed all my water.

Is it weigh day yet? Sigh!
This really is a very anti social diet!

Lyndsey, I've had a few lunches out with friends and have had a steak and salad. You have to make the diet work for you and these haven't affected my loss too much. Although it's quite nice to hideaway and have a big reveal in a few months :)

I'm definitely going down the big reveal route Sammy! Really don't trust myself in a restaurant! Not yet anyway! X

Day 25 - 05/01/15

Lunch - chicken curry noodle soup.
Afternoon snack - chocolate caramel shake. First time trying this, had it warm, it was very tasty! :)
Dinner - Spaghetti Bolognese pack.
Evening snack - dark chocolate Truffa! Lush!
Extras - the usuals.
Managed all my water.

Just another day today. Quite a busy day tomorrow though so hoping my energy holds out. Yet to get the energy spike that a lot of people seem to get!

I had a big reveal after my second son was born 5 years ago. Lost 6 stone, hid away then had a big night out..... Then put 3.5 back on! Whoops

That won't happen this time though. Hope your energy shows up soon but mine never has? Strange, I just want to walk up a hill without collapsing at the top :)

Have a lovely weekend, I'm weighing in tomorrow as I'm out Saturday. Wish me luck! Eek x

Good luck Sammy! Fingers and toes crossed for you! :)

I've got two days to get through before mine!

I've yo yoed loads over the years. Never ever gotten down to goal though! Hoping 2015 is my year! :)

Let me know how you get on tomorrow! X

Day 26 - 06/02/15

Lunch - chicken curry noodle soup.
Afternoon snack - cafe latte shake.
Dinner - chili con carne with cauliflower rice. Delicious.
Evening snack - maple, fruits and almond bar.
Extras - Usuals.
Managed all my water.

Had a really busy day today and just didn't have the energy for it. Was literally falling asleep in the car at 3:00pm waiting for my wee girl to finish school. That was after a good nights sleep too! Will definitely sleep tonight now! Thankfully I don't have a lot on tomorrow other than housework. Then cosy on the couch with my book I think.

Also got some good news today. All the paperwork for my divorce has been submitted. In about 7ish weeks I should receive word of it being finalised. Been 4 years in the making so it's about time! Happy days! :) x

Day 27 - 07/01/15

Lunch - chocolate shake, warm.
Afternoon snack - porridge with sweeteners.
Dinner - spicy spaghetti pack.
Evening snack - praline bar.
Extras - usuals + 1/2 a pack of hartley's sugar free jelly.
Managed all my water.

Today was a very hungry day. Hence the extra jelly which I don't usually have. Still managed the whole day 100% but there were a few points that were touch and go. Upped my water intake as well but it just doesn't hit the spot when you're hungry!
Weigh day soon. Let's hope it's all paying off!

Day 28 - 08/02/15

Lunch - toffee shake, warm.
Afternoon snack - cappuccino shake, warm.
Dinner - spag Bol pack.
Evening snack - orange chocolate Truffa. My favourite of all the bars.
Extras - usuals + Harley's sugar free jelly.
Managed all my water plus a bit extra.

Weigh day tomorrow. Really nervous as I must be due a low loss after losing 19lb in three weeks! I know it's normal and happens to all of us but this diet it so hard that I'm worried I'll give up if I don't see the results on the scales every week. So fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Day 29 - 09/02/15

Lunch - vegetable soup. Used to like this, really can't stand it now.
Afternoon snack - chocolate caramel shake, had this warm. Was super tasty.
Dinner - cottage Pie pack with broccoli.
Evening snack - orange chocolate bar.
Extras - usuals.
Managed all my water and a bit more besides.

Week 4 weigh in today. Only 2lb and 0 inches lost. Not a happy bunny but I guess I was due a low loss after 3 really good weeks. It did mean I met my first mini goal though so I'll take my positives where I can! On with week 5 and hopefully into the 13's.

Day 30 - 10/02/15

Lunch - porridge with 2 crushed Sweetners.
Afternoon snack - cafe latte shake, warm.
Dinner - chili con carne pack with cauliflower rice.
Evening snack - praline bar.
Extras - usuals.
Managed all my water and a little more.

Back