My Diary.... on the road to fabulous at 40.

Thanks! The bad weather really demotivates me, I am going to sign up for another 5k in october so that I do the training properly. I really want to get into running properly, I have been looking for a beginners running club near me but can't find one.

It was the Race for Life last night. I ran about a third of it and walked the rest. It did it in 42 and a half minutes which I am happy with considering i haven't trained for a month.

I am thinking about entering another 5k in October, that way i have motivation to do the training and also increase on my time.

Joining at Rosemary Conley tomorrow. I have been at weight watchers but I really feel like i need to do something different and i quite fancy a bit of old fashioned calorie counting. For what i am paying at weight watchers I get an exercise class chucked in.

Its a saturday class - 9.30 start but i'll be back home by 10.45 and OH will probably still be in bed when i get back. Its Zumba so should be fun.

I feel like i really need a push to lose the next half of my weight. My sister took some pics of me at the Race for Life and despite loosing 3 stone i still look massive and no where near where i want to be. I am away with the girls next week and I am going to take some pics of me glammed up ready to go out - maybe i feel feel better about myself then. I have bought myself an illusion dress to wear out, i feel good in it - i hope the pictures are good as well.

You can do it! One of my colleagues walked the whole thing and did it in 1hour 15 mins, you don't have to run.

Didn't got to RC on saturday, I've got a terrible cold and there was no way i was able to do the Zumba class.

Instead i set myself up properly on MFP and had a really good day yesterday foodwise. Feeling everso slightly obsessed with MFP and tracking my food, exercise and water but also excited when I get to the end of the day and it tells me how much I can lose in 5 weeks if i do each day within my cals.

I also bought myself a Nalgene water bottle - like the ones on the USA Biggest loser, Cost me £14 but it makes it easier for me to drink my water - no excuses now!!!

The next 3 days are going to be BAD......... I'm away with the girls to liverpool for the weekend.

I expect to spend most of the next three days in an alcohol haze....lol Its only once a year so I am not going to get too bogged down with the cals etc. I will try and watch what i eat and i won't have any fruit juices or anything like that. Just Champagne and Vokda!!!

I have looked at the menu of the place we are eating at tonight and there are lots of good options, we are dancing after so i'll be able to work some of that off. My friend is cooking tomorrow night she is doing fajitas so i should be ok there. I'll make sure I have a good brekkie on Sunday and then back on track the rest of Sunday!! No reason for it all to fall apart.

Hope you have a fab time! Sounds like you've got a good plan :) dancing loads helps too, have a wiggle and a giggle and enjoy yourself!

I'm really peed off, I managed to put on 2.5 pounds over the weekend and I really thought I wasn't that bad!!!

Anyway back on track, I have already lost half of the 2.5 pounds so i should be back to my pre weekend weight by Friday. Just annoyed that i am now having to lose a gain. I have spent the whole of June putting on and loosing the same few pounds. Fingers crossed i'll be back to lightest by the weekend and then I can start going down.

I am trying to up my exercise and walk at every opportunity i get. Today and yesterday I walked a much longer route to work. It normally takes me about 18 minutes from the station but yesterday i walked for 35 mins before work and this mornign i walked 45. I really cheered me up to see that I had burned 211 cals before even starting work. I'm going to go for a walk at lunchtime as well.

One thing that did pee me off a little at the weekend was that no-one said anything to me about my weight loss. last time i saw the same group of friends i was 3 stone heavier........ no one said anything until i mentioned it and then they were like' oh, we thought you looked a bit slimmer'.......

Jealousy I'm afraid. Keep going :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree envious of the slimmer you! Bet they were talking about you looking slimmer when you weren't around :) as 3 stone makes a big difference!

Thanks for the comments........ but i don't think its jealousy as they are all dead skinny! Maybe they are jealous of my curves.....lol

Anyway very happy this morning, the scales show me at the same weight pre weekend! I will have official weigh in on Saturday morning so hopefully a tiny loss for this week.

Sarah it is jealousy. It's the usual 'fat friend' scenario . They don't like it that you are losing weight and probably end up more gorgeous and desirable than they are. They'll think they've got more competition and won't like it.
So keep going. Make them green :)

Sarah it is jealousy. It's the usual 'fat friend' scenario . They don't like it that you are losing weight and probably end up more gorgeous and desirable than they are. They'll think they've got more competition and won't like it.
So keep going. Make them green :)

I've never thought about it like that before. I always make an effort to look good when I go out and i scrub up quite well (IMO) I do think that some of my friends suffer terribley from negative body image as well, moaning all the time about how this wobbles, this sticks out........ but they are size 10. Even though I have always been overweight I have always tried to do the best with what i have and try to at least feel confidant with how i look even if i don't feel it inside.

I haven't been on for a couple of weeks but things are going well for me. I have now lost 50 pounds. This is the most i have ever lost on a diet before and i still feel very motivated and in this for the long haul.

I have gone down another dress size and I am now a size 16, i was extremly happy with myself on Saturday when I popped to the Next sale and picked up some trousers in the petite range and they fitted. I am so pleased to be what i consider a 'normal' size.

SarahB said:
I haven't been on for a couple of weeks but things are going well for me. I have now lost 50 pounds. This is the most i have ever lost on a diet before and i still feel very motivated and in this for the long haul.

I have gone down another dress size and I am now a size 16, i was extremly happy with myself on Saturday when I popped to the Next sale and picked up some trousers in the petite range and they fitted. I am so pleased to be what i consider a 'normal' size.

That's brilliant Sarah well done! That's great going x

Congratualtions Sarah, that is really amaizing. you earned those size 16's and that good feeling. Enjoy it!

Back