My Diary.... on the road to fabulous at 40.

Must be mad........ I've just bought 10 bootcamp sessions off Groupon.

I don't think it will be exactly like Jillian and Bob off the Biggest Loser but i think it will be good for me to get myself motivated about exercise again........... no pain, no gain......lol

Fingers crossed i can start next saturday morning!!!

Well done that's very brave :) I'd love to do that

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kat I see them in Groupon all the time in Newark but I ignore them cos I'd die I am sure I would!

Well done honey! Do I take it you are Tom something on mfp I get confused!

Yes - i'm mrs_tom09 on MFP.

Boot camp wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was hard work but I was able to keep up with the group.I was absolutely dripping with sweat when i finished and my face stayed bright red for at least an hour after.

I would definately recommend it, the group was really friendly and it was nice to work out with a group rather than exercising on my own.

Back for more tomorrow!

Just realised I haven't been on my diary for ages.

I was a very happy girl on Saturday. I have been off plan for about a month and last week was my first proper week back on. I weighed in on Saturday morning and i had lost 2 pounds. I was so excited. That means i have lost exactly 4 stone now.

I really want to lose another stone by christmas and if i go at a rate of 1 pound a week then there is no reason why i shouldn't do that. I just need to stay on track and get on with the exercise. I have abandoned bootcamp after the last session i went to was a bit rough and I came home covered in bruises. I like the group aspect of the exercise but i don't like the roughness of it all and I really don't want to be spending the week after with scraps and bruises on me - maybe i am just a wimp!!!

I need to have a good think about what direction i want to take my exercise in. I have found 2 different running groups near me now so do i go for one of those??? Just rambling now......lol

Anyway i treated myself on Saturday with a bracelet from thomas sabo. Its a charm bracelet, i thought I could add charms to it as I reach goals in my weightloss. I am aiming to wear it everyday as i reminder of what I have achieved so far and to help keep me on the straight and narrow!!

I too have the Hairy Dieters book - I made the lasagne last night. Quite nice and def something I will make again.

I bought some pizza base mix so that I can give the pies a try.Might make them tonight, i'll see what I fancy later.

Scales haven't moved this week yet, fingers crossed they will move for official weigh in on saturday morning. Its my step daughters 16th birthday on Saturday so lots of naughty food around to tempt me. I asked her what she wanted for birthday breakfast and she said egg and soldiers - excellent! We are going to Bluewater so lots of walking!

I really need to get my head around trying to increase the amoutn of exercise i do. Monday - Friday I walk 2 miles at least and I often walk at the weekend but not both days.
I could really do with joining a gym but its so expensive. Ideally i would like one near work so that i could go before I start work but they want nearly £50 for gym only- not even classes or swimming. I much prefer exercising in the morning as I have no energy when I get home from work. I leave the house at 6am and don't get back until 5.30pm and by the time i've dealt with the pets, housework, cook dinner etc i'm tired.

what to do eh? I feel like i need the exercise now as I need to lose another 2 stone and my weightloss is slowing down after already losing 4.

I know that the exercise has definitely got mine shifting again, I've lost 6.8lbs in the 3 weeks since I started gymming three times on top of my normal twice weekly zumba. My gym is Fitspace & it's £12 a month, basic but got what I need x

SarahB said:
I really need to get my head around trying to increase the amoutn of exercise i do. Monday - Friday I walk 2 miles at least and I often walk at the weekend but not both days.
I could really do with joining a gym but its so expensive. Ideally i would like one near work so that i could go before I start work but they want nearly £50 for gym only- not even classes or swimming. I much prefer exercising in the morning as I have no energy when I get home from work. I leave the house at 6am and don't get back until 5.30pm and by the time i've dealt with the pets, housework, cook dinner etc i'm tired.

what to do eh? I feel like i need the exercise now as I need to lose another 2 stone and my weightloss is slowing down after already losing 4.

I'm in a similar position, the gyms are mostly part of health clubs so out of my price bracket and the council run one is a bit pricy for what you get.

I dont do any exercise really apart from running around after 6/8 children at work!

I keep thinking I need to do something, maybe get the wii out when I've put my children to bed and feed hubby.

Could you do a workout DVD in the morning? X

I am out of the house at 6am - I wouldn't have time for a DVD.

I will call my Fitness First and see what they can offer.

I am really pleased with the last 2 weeks loss though - 4 pounds. Need to keep on the staright and narrow and get a stone off for christmas.

Am sure we will do our best to keep you on the straight & narrow honey, that wagon is getting stricter lol!

Fitness First is my favourite gym but its £40 a month here & I just can't justify it when it is actually harder to get to than my gym. There is a great new one opened at our big college for £20 a month but to be honest I am happy where I am x

I had a sort out in my shoe cupboard last night, some of my shoes are too big for me...........crazy.

I have small feet and I never considered them to be fat at all but obviously i was carrying weight in my feet. I'm gutted a bit to be honest as I have got boots from the winter which are too big and some nice going out shoes which i am going to have to put on Ebay.

I've also got no winter clothes at all............I desperately need to go shopping and get myself some jumpers and a coat.

I have shoes that are too big now too, I need new winter clothes as well, my jumpers aren't too bad as I had some smaller ones from before but I need trousers & skirts, this may be expensive!!!!

I am going to try and get out this weekend and get some new bits. I have got a heap of old clothes i need to get on Ebay so that i can have money to buy new stuff - must get them listed a.s.a.p.

Sainsburys are doing 25% off their clothing at the moment. I generally have to get my clothes from a petite range as i am only 5ft 1, thankfully my Sainsburys does petite. When I was bigger anything that fitted me would do but i want to get clothes that fit me properly and look nice.

excited......... Spoke to my nearest gym at home and they are going to let me have a weekend pass so that i can try the gym out. So mega calorie burn on both Saturday and sunday...lol.

Was a bit peed off yesterday, I am away with the girls in 2 weeks and i need a going out outfit. Went to Oasis and tried a 16 dress on but its too tight. In other shops 16's are fitting me just fine........... are Oasis sizes like that? I boguth it anyway and I really like the dress and hope that it will fit me very soon.

Taking half day tomorrow to go shopping with my sis, i desperately need new clothes but i can't really get out shopping at the weekend as I often have the kids with me and sometimes my MIL (who has something to say about everything i buy!!)

It will be nice shopping with my sis, i am very lucky to have such a lovely sister who is also my bestie....lol. I'm looking forward to it!

Woo hoo, just bought a size 14 dress! I almost didn't pick it up as they didn't have a size 16 and my sis said try it anyway..... so I did and it fits!
It just goes to show how different shop sizes are. The 16's in Oasis are very snug but the 14 in DP's fits me.
Very happy girl and the dress should go lovely with my new shoes that I have been waiting to wear.

Back