Total Solution My Exante journey..

Fantastic loss, well done:)

Well done :D

How was your day Womble? :)

Good thanks Darcy, feel like I'm on a bit of a roll with this at the moment. I know it won't always feel this easy, so just relishing in the moment!

Had personal training session this morning. Felt like my trainer was a bit tougher on me than usual, but I suppose that's a good thing. Just know it's going to hurt tomorrow... Been speaking with her about setting a fitness goal as well as a weight goal and I quite like that idea. I've been following the 'Couch to 5K' app (admittedly on a treadmill rather than outside), but inspired me to book into a 5K run towards the end of the year. I think the distance is achievable, and hopefully the weight loss will make me feel much less sub-conscious about running in public. I think the more that fitness becomes a part of every day life, hopefully the easier it will be to maintain any losses long term.

I just devoured a chocolate caramel crunch bar in the time that it's taken me to write this... I must have been hungry :eatdrink023:

Good for you Womble! :D

How long have you been working with a personal trainer?

.....it's something I've been giving some thought to :)

I've always fancied having some session with a personal trainer but have put myself off the idea in case they were judgemental about my weight and level of fitness.

Well done on the loss this week

I started working with a personal trainer a year ago, because I used to be so active and remembered how great it made me feel. I agree the prospect can be quite intimidating, but there is a great website where you can select a trainer who has experience in working with overweight clients (think it was nrpt.co.uk, but will check). I wanted someone who would push me within my limits as obviously I'm not as fit or agile as I used to be. My trainer trains me in the comfort of my own home too, which is not only more convenient, but also really useful as they show you how you can use everyday equipment in your house (stairs, mantlepiece, doorframe etc) to perform various exercises. One aspect of it I love is that I have someone else to be accountable to. She is one of the only people I will talk to honestly face-to-face about my weight and how it makes me feel, and I think it's also useful having her monitor me while doing this VLCD.

On another note, I went to bed feeling rotten last night. Have caught my sons cold and I'm suffering! The next few days while I get over this are going to be tough.. I usually tend to comfort eat when I'm not well so am going to have to fight those cravings over the weekend! So determined to stay on track though.

Argh, now feeling so full of flu and stuck in the office until 6pm :gen125:

Hoping I can go straight to bed when I get home tonight (after my shepherd's pie of course - not my fave but oh well) so that I'm in some kind of fit state for the weekend - I'm meant to be taking my son and niece around Chessington tomorrow... Then a full day's cleaning on Sunday as one au pair moves out and another moves in on the same day!

Anyway, that's me signing out for the week - I try to avoid internet on the weekends (I spend far too much time on it during the week) so hope you all have a lovely weekend and happy mother's day to all the fellow mummies out there! x

Hope you feel better soon :)

Morning everyone, hope you had lovely weekends. I had a fun weekend despite a) being sick, b) saying goodbye to our lovely au pair and c) having a bit of a cheat :(

I'm awful when I'm not well. I have so little willpower. We went to Chessington with my son and our niece on Saturday and at lunchtime, I ate my bar as usual... but then, I ate the chicken nuggets that my son refused... Anyway, I then pulled myself together and went back to my packs. Until last night. Our new au pair bought a box of baklava over, and the demons took over once more. I ended up devouring 6 pieces of baklava!!! Really felt stupid and terrible for doing so.

This morning I'm back on TS, and am committed to remaining on TS all week. I'm feeling a bit better anyway, so have no excuses to veer off course.

Hope you all had a more successful weekend than I did!

The unexpected arrival of treats are hard to resist :( especially when we're under the weather.

Glad you are feeling better and back on the TS bus :)

OK, so was 100% TS yesterday and hasn't been too much of a struggle to get back on board - phew! Tried one of the black bean pots last night - not my favourite, but might be because I'm still so full of cold that I can't taste anything properly at the moment!

Anyway, weigh in day tomorrow.. will be interesting to see if my cheats at the weekend caused too much damage!

Maybe the cold is a blessing for some of the packs :D

Seriously, hope the cold goes soon and have a good weigh in tomorrow :)

hmmm... lost 0.5 pounds last week. I suppose a loss is a loss, and I did cheat a bit on the weekend. But I don't think I cheated that much (I use MyFitnessPal app, and I was still under 1,000 calories on the days that I did cheat) so a bit bemused. Maybe the fact that I am still full of cold is weighing me down??!?

Still, it's not breaking my resolve and I'm having a good TS week so far. I suppose I just put it down to one of those things and hope it's reflected in the weigh in next week?

Don't worry too much about it Womble - though I know only too well how demoralising a small loss can be :(

If only weight loss was in a lovely linear fashion! :rolleyes:

....but it tends to be much more up and down than that!

I bet you'll have a great loss next week :)

Keep going - we can do this together :D

It's still 0.5 of a lb that is gone. Be easy on yourself, you still have a cold and are still battling the germs :)

Easier said than done, I know, but as soon as you are better I'm sure the scales will move a bit more :D

Feeling a bit better about it this morning, but thank you Darcy and Sadie for your support!

My husband is normally a bit of a nag about my weight (I know he means well) but last night when we cuddled in bed he mentioned how much weight I'd lost around my middle already and that really gave me the boost I needed - I know he only says those things when he means them, so it meant a lot.

Also just come out of training session, and that always gives me a boost too! Must be those exercise endorphins :)

Had the daal pot last night - not great, but nowhere near as bad as the black bean pot. I have drinks out tonight with some of the other nursery mums, so just going to have a quick soup before I go out, so I'm not tempted if they all want to eat in the pub. And going to try and stick to slimline tonic and just pretend it's a vodka tonic!!

Hope you're all having good days x

Back