My extra easy food recipes

Bubble and squeak cakes. Lovely for breakfast with egg and beans

These are syn free
2lb/908g floury potatoes
7oz/198g cabbage
6 spring onions
1 egg yolk, cook the potatoes till tender, preheat oven 220c. Whilst potato are cooking shred the cabbage and chop onion

Drain potatoes let cool then mx in cabbage, onion and egg yolk. Make mixture into individual patties, place on baking tray and cook for 20-25 till they turn slightly brown
Forgot to say mash the potatoes first before adding cabbage etc

Do you FRYLIGHT pan and cook cabbage and onion and other veg first before adding to potatoes and egg? Also can I be a pain and ask if you have a pic of Dahl loaf interested to see what it looks like as I have no idea but sounds interesting and as I have never had anything remotely like this before how does it taste As I've never tried Dahl must buy a Tin from Asda when we can travel impossible at the mo snowed in!!

Do you FRYLIGHT pan and cook cabbage and onion and other veg first before adding to potatoes and egg? Also can I be a pain and ask if you have a pic of Dahl loaf interested to see what it looks like as I have no idea but sounds interesting and as I have never had anything remotely like this before how does it taste As I've never tried Dahl must buy a Tin from Asda when we can travel impossible at the mo snowed in!!

I didn't cook the cabbage or onion as I let them cook in the oven. If you wanted to you could.

The Dahl loaf is lovely either to eat hot or cold. It's nice to have it as a snack. When I make it it does not last long as I can not stop eating it.

Let me know what you think to it x

photo attached if you can not see it let me know and maybe I can email you it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 236
Thanks for the info and pic looks lovely I really did not know what type of thing I expected the loaf to be.I've led a sheltered life!! To have never tried Dahl lol

image.jpgChunky leek and potato soup

Mixed berry fruits terrine with cherry mullerlight yogurt as base 0.5 syns

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 176
image.jpgGiant Cornish pasties smash potato outer filled with mixed veg, mushrooms,onion

Hi, these recipes look lovely. How do you make scotch eggs absinthe Cornish pasty? Thankyou :)
Scotch eggs
I boiled the eggs first and let them cool down. Then used a packet of smash potato make as per instruction on packet, let this cool. The outer is bachelors savoury rice make as per instruction on packet, let cool.

i put the potato round the egg and then rolled this in to the rice. Put into oven until golden brown.

If you don't want to use savoury rice could use Cous Cous or plain rice x

Cornish pasty

Again made with smash potato make as per instruction on packet, let cool.

My filling was mixed veg, mushrooms, onion and chickpea dhal. But can use any thing for the filling. All fried with fry light.

i used half the smash for each pasty but you can make smaller ones if needed.
Make the what ever size smash into a ball and put this in between two pieces of cling film. Roll with rolling pin to desired size. Peel top piece of cling film off carefully and put filling in the centre of rolled out smash.then with the help of the bottom cling film fold the smash to form a shape of the pasty. Then carefully peel off bottom cling film and place onto baking tray. In oven for 20-25 mins or till golden brown. 220c

hope this makes sense x

Chicken chasseur from SW magazine Jan/Feb supplement 1 syn

I used diced chicken instead and also put in a slow cooker it was lovely

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 339
Scotch eggs
I boiled the eggs first and let them cool down. Then used a packet of smash potato make as per instruction on packet, let this cool. The outer is bachelors savoury rice make as per instruction on packet, let cool.

i put the potato round the egg and then rolled this in to the rice. Put into oven until golden brown.

If you don't want to use savoury rice could use Cous Cous or plain rice x

Cornish pasty

Again made with smash potato make as per instruction on packet, let cool.

My filling was mixed veg, mushrooms, onion and chickpea dhal. But can use any thing for the filling. All fried with fry light.

i used half the smash for each pasty but you can make smaller ones if needed.
Make the what ever size smash into a ball and put this in between two pieces of cling film. Roll with rolling pin to desired size. Peel top piece of cling film off carefully and put filling in the centre of rolled out smash.then with the help of the bottom cling film fold the smash to form a shape of the pasty. Then carefully peel off bottom cling film and place onto baking tray. In oven for 20-25 mins or till golden brown. 220c

hope this makes sense x

Thankyou, will defiantly be trying this :) x

Strawberry jelly and vanilla mullerlight yogurt- Dessert o.5 syns

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 313
image.jpgChicken noodle soup

image.jpgCheese scones

packet of smash potato, 3 eggs beaten and cottage cheese with chives

Put packet of smash in bowl, NO WATER mix with beaten eggs and cottage cheese. Mix well. I put mine into muffins baking tray or you can put into a ball at required size and pat it down to thickness required. Spray baking tray with fry light. Put in to oven 200c for 20mins

image.jpgKing prawn pie adapted from SW magazine jan/Feb supplement. 0.5 syns

Breakfast syn free with LM rosemary and onion sausages, potato,mushrooms, turkey rashers and egg all fried in fry light with baked beans and tomatoes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 266
image.jpgHomemade quiche

My version of Melanzane alla parmigiana with courgettes instead of Aubergines this is a two serving. From SW magazine jan/Feb supplementimage.jpg

Vegetable soup consist of parsnip, carrot, swede and potato image.jpg

This looks FAB! Could I ave the recipe please? Thanx in advance! :)

this was lovely here the recipe

Fry light, 1/2 small onion finely diced, 1garlic clove diced, 750ml chicken stock, 60g thin noodles, 200g cooked skinless chicken breast.

Spray fry light on non stick frying pan, add onion, garlic and stir fry for1-2mins. Add stock and noodles bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 6-8mins until noodles are cooked through. Add chicken to soup and cook for 2-3 mins until piping hot.

Hope you enjoy x x

Back