My fishy week!

What a brilliant loss Snuggle-and soooo close to goal too :happy036::happy036:well done.

Im another one who is going to give "fish week" a go -I love fish and so its no hardship, and if it helps things along :D.
Thanks for sharing....
off to have a good look at what you ate -I struggle to use my syns so I should be ok..
Keep up the great work and hope you have another good week

Wow, that is amzing! Im sooo going to try and do this next week after weigh in tonight. Im not a huge fish fan but do like tuna and cod fillets etc so ill defo be having some tuna salads, tuna steaks and fish and chips for my dinner :)

I see you have only synned your mackerel salad as 1syn?
Does that mean you are only eating 28g of smoked mackerel....that doesn't seem to be much?

You would be surprised how much that is once the skin is removed, it is a small fillet.personally I dont have huge amounts so that suits me just fine, maybe some people would need double that, but at the end of the day it would still only be 2.5 syns at the most.

Just catching up on the thread hun as im plateux atm!! I have STS for 2 weeks even though ive been really good. Im having a red week this week and will encorporate as much fish as poss till next monday!!!

Really pleased for you hun!!! You've given alot of us the boost we need, your an inspriation!! xxxx

Speedy Prawn Curry

4 garlic cloves
2.5 cm fresh root ginger (we use lazy ginger)
2 tbsp curry powder
400g can chopped toms passata
1/2 tsp artificial sweetener
567g cooked prawns
00g v low fat naturalyogurt
S & p
Fresh coriander

syn free

1/ Peel and crush garlic and grate ginger. Place in a pan with curry powder, tomatoes and sweetener. Bring to boil cover and simmer for 8-10mins.
2/ Add cooked prawns and cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped coriander.

Delicious

Definitly going to give this a go!! Thought i'd move it to the end incase anyone else is giving it a go!!

Good luck everyone for your fishy week!! xxx

Wow! Inspirational! thanks

Fishy week coming up!

fishcake recipe

Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
Free on Original and Extra Easy
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes

1 butternut squash, chopped
5 carrots (optional), chopped
Large tin of red or pink salmon, drained with skin and bones removed
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
½ tsp Thai 7 Spice or Chinese 5 Spice
Pinch of dried mustard powder
1 egg, beaten
Fry Light

1. Boil the carrots and butternut squash until tender, then drain in a colander to remove all the excess water, return to the pan
and mash.
2. Add the salmon, chilli and spring onions and combine. Add the spice and mustard powder, season to taste and mix together with the beaten egg.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and shape each one into a ball. Flatten each ball with your hands to form a ‘cake’, and store in the fridge until required.
4. Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and fry for approximately 5 minutes on each side. Serve with a huge fresh green salad.

Found another!!

OMG 8lbs????? That's AMAZING!
I am definately going for a POWPOWPOW Fishy week next week.
Congratulations Snuggles

defo going to give the fishcake recipe a try tomorrow night...any other recipes will be gratefully received!!

just had dinner....baked plaice with spinach leaves,griddled courgette and griddled sweet pointed peppers.....scrummy!!

tea will be cod,new potatoes and roasted vine tomatoes,griddled courgette and peppers.

i seem to have missed this entire thread until now. well done on your amazing loss! I got weighed last night so am on a fresh week from today. Im going to be taking out the smoked haddock which has been abandoned at the bottom of the freezer, me thinks!

I got weighed last night, so am starting fish week today. For breakfast I had sardines on toast, then grapefruit straight afterwards. Then for lunch I had a prawn/cheese toastie with salad. Lucky I always have a ton of fish in my freezer!

Speedy Prawn Curry

4 garlic cloves
2.5 cm fresh root ginger (we use lazy ginger)
2 tbsp curry powder
400g can chopped toms passata
1/2 tsp artificial sweetener
567g cooked prawns
00g v low fat naturalyogurt
S & p
Fresh coriander

syn free

1/ Peel and crush garlic and grate ginger. Place in a pan with curry powder, tomatoes and sweetener. Bring to boil cover and simmer for 8-10mins.
2/ Add cooked prawns and cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped coriander.

Delicious

This sounds great, but how much yoghurt do you add ? Do you need much or is it just a garnish.

Sorry to be so daft, but not good with guessing :eek:

TIA

What a great loss:) I hadn't seen this until now but we've had quite a bit of fish this week so will be interesting to see what my WI brings tomorrow. Mind you I've also made a couple of boobs re syns as am still getting my head around them:eek:

yipppeeee lots of us at it now, make sure you all keep us updated, remember as someone said earlier in the thread....if it swims it slims!! :)

Been following this fishy tale, since monday - my WI is tomorrow night so will let you know- the one thing i have noticed is that i don;t feel bloated after each meal, yes i feel full but not bloated - and i don;t seem as hungry for a long time after having a meal..... so fingers crossed for my WI and here is to the next fishy week cos i think i will be doing this again

Was even thinking if this could be done and have the same effect if you did a "white meat" week ie chicken/turkey

This sounds really good! I do love fish and you can have loads of prawns as a HE so good to make a curry with.

I love tuna and salmon too, so need to stock up on these and give it a go!

Back