my food diary, extra easy :)

The chicken is so good think I will end up having it 3 times a week lol!

I need to try both those chicken recipes! Our fav at the moment is the SW Donner Kebab!..lol.

I need to try both those chicken recipes! Our fav at the moment is the SW Donner Kebab!..lol.

I tried the kebab once, (the 2nd time its in my diary we had bolognaise instead!) The kebab was just like a big dried out beef burger! It was horrible! But I didn't have a loaf tin or cover it with anything while cooking I think might be why. I bought a loaf tin today so I will be attempting it again tomorrow!

I always add a chopped onion rather than onion powder and blitz that with the meat mines always moist and of course the sauces I make cover it as well ..we like spicy in this house..lol.

Yeah I used fresh onion, I think we may of over cooked it too, I saw you said in your diary you cook for 45-60 mins? I think we cooked ours for 90 mins! Anyway, hopefully tomorrow it will be nicer lol!

Yeah that's about right, depending on your oven. I always cover it with foil as well and leave it to stand about 10 mins before slicing :)

Happy to say I have lost 4lbs this week. My weigh in day is normally a Saturday, but the scales hate me on a Saturday for some reason and show barely any weight loss so I now weigh on a Monday.

Today's food -

Breakfast: Muller light
Lunch: Cous cous, was going to be 1 syn, but my 3yr old decided he wanted it and stole half of it! So only 1/2 a syn.
Tea: Slimming world kebab, with chips, salad and wholemeal pitta (hexB) Also made a chilli sauce to go on it, just using passata, garlic powder and chilli powder.

Now last time I had the kebab was like a dried up week old beef burger! So this time I followed Gemsta's recipe (thanks!) and its in the fridge prepared and ready to go in the oven later. Hopefully this one will be yummy!

Will have a few cups of tea by tonight I expect so using milk from hexA for that, and I will have a fun size chocolate so 6 syns for that. Though I might be bad and have 2!

Total of 6.5 syns today. (Unless I have 2 fun size chocolates then it will be 12.5 syns)

Can I have recipe for the donnor kebab please :D xx

This is one Gemsta posted in her diary, thats what I followed this time. Last time I just cooked straight in the oven without being covered, this time I have a loaf tin and am covering with foil so hopefully it will stay juicier!

Donner Kebab

Ingredients

500g 5% Beef Mince (or you could use lamb lean mince)
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
1 small finely chopped onion (or you can use 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (or 2 teaspoon minced/crushed Garlic)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

Directions
1)Put all the herbs and spice required amounts into a small bowl.
2)Separate the mince into a large bowl sprinkle over the contents of herbs etc from the small bowl.
3)Chop the small onion finely and add to a food processor blitz well(if you don't have one just cut it as fine as you can)
then add the meat mixture and blitz well again.
4)Get all the meat mixture out and form a loaf shape on to a plate and cover with foil and put in fridge until ready to cook.
Best to leave it at least an hour or 2 so the spices and herbs can do their stuff!

If you don't have a food processor... knead, mix, squish, mash and generally use the mixture as stress ball until everything
smooth and has no air pockets.

Preheat your oven to around 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4

When your ready to cook place the loaf on a wire rack on a baking tray to catch any fat. Cook for around 45-60 minutes
turning over half way through.

Once cooked remove from the oven place on a plate, cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes to stand. Then cut as finely as you can.
I did mine with my electric knife and it did the trick great!

Serve in a pitta..with chips...salad..coleslaw and homemade sauces.

This is one Gemsta posted in her diary, thats what I followed this time. Last time I just cooked straight in the oven without being covered, this time I have a loaf tin and am covering with foil so hopefully it will stay juicier!

Donner Kebab

Ingredients

500g 5% Beef Mince (or you could use lamb lean mince)
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
1 small finely chopped onion (or you can use 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (or 2 teaspoon minced/crushed Garlic)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

Directions
1)Put all the herbs and spice required amounts into a small bowl.
2)Separate the mince into a large bowl sprinkle over the contents of herbs etc from the small bowl.
3)Chop the small onion finely and add to a food processor blitz well(if you don't have one just cut it as fine as you can)
then add the meat mixture and blitz well again.
4)Get all the meat mixture out and form a loaf shape on to a plate and cover with foil and put in fridge until ready to cook.
Best to leave it at least an hour or 2 so the spices and herbs can do their stuff!

If you don't have a food processor... knead, mix, squish, mash and generally use the mixture as stress ball until everything
smooth and has no air pockets.

Preheat your oven to around 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4

When your ready to cook place the loaf on a wire rack on a baking tray to catch any fat. Cook for around 45-60 minutes
turning over half way through.

Once cooked remove from the oven place on a plate, cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes to stand. Then cut as finely as you can.
I did mine with my electric knife and it did the trick great!

Serve in a pitta..with chips...salad..coleslaw and homemade sauces.

Thanks for the recipe xx I can use a pitta bread as a hexb and then like you say do my own coleslaw etc :D

Well done on the loss! 4lb is fantastic! That's almost 1/3 of stone! Fingers crossed you enjoy the kebab this time round!...lol..

Yay it was really nice! Only cooked it for 45 mins, last time I think I over did it with 90 minutes cooking, oops lol! Was really nice!

Great!..lol.. It must have just been cooked to death last time! :8855:pleased you enjoyed it this time round :)

Yay it was really nice! Only cooked it for 45 mins, last time I think I over did it with 90 minutes cooking, oops lol! Was really nice!

lol no wonder it didnt taste right lol x

Yesterday's food -

Lunch: Wholemeal pitta bread (hexB) 1 laughing cow light triangle, ham and lettuce
Tea: Bacon, vegetarian sausages (syn free) mushrooms, tomato, egg and beans

2 fun size chocolates, 6 syns each. So total of 12 syns yesterday. Had a few cups of tea with sweetener and milk.

Today's food -

Breakfast: Muller light and a banana
Lunch: Wholemeal pitta bread, 1 laughing cow light triangle, ham and tomato
Tea: Chicken breast stuffed with laughing cow, wrapped in mushrooms and bacon with wedges. Had some light mayonnaise so 2 syns.

Tonight I will have 2 fun size chocolates so a total of 14 syns today. Had a couple cups of tea with sweetener and milk too.

Not had much super free food today so might have an apple and satsuma too.

Yesterday's food -

Lunch: Wholemeal pitta bread, laughing cow light wedge, ham and tomato
Tea: Bacon, veg sausages, mushrooms, beans, tomato and egg

2 fun size chocolates so 12 syns. Had some cups of tea with sweetener and milk.

Today's -

Breakfast: Muller light, banana and a satsuma
Lunch: Wholemeal pitta bread and a laughing cow light triangle. Satsuma
Tea: Bean burgers using kidney beans and cannelini beans with SW chips. (Found the burgers quite bland, not too bad though)

About to have 2 small chocolate bars so 10.5 syns today, plus had few cups of tea with sweetener and milk.

Weighed today and lost 3lbs since Monday :)

Today's menu -

Breakfast/Lunch: Bacon, beans, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Tea: SW kebab with a wholemeal pitta (hexB) wedges and salad.

Will have a muller light and 2 little chocolates in a minute, total of 14 syns today I think. Also had some cups of tea with skimmed milk and sweetener.

Back