ProPoints My Food & Weight Loss Tracker

I'm not sure if today was a good day or not.

For breakfast I had a smoothie for 3 PP, which was fine. But then I went out for lunch and ended up having grilled paprika chicken, a plain baked sweet potato, garlic roasted mushrooms and kale. I checked the nutritional info and the chicken was 8 PP, the sweet potato was 6 PP and the mushrooms were 1 PP - I assume from a little bit of oil. The kale was 0 PP, obviously. So, 15 PP for lunch.

Dinner was a big plate of raw veggies for 0 PP, a soft boiled egg for 2 PP and 2tbsp of salad dressing for 3 PP.

I also ate about a tablespoon worth of peanuts which I've estimated to be 2 PP and I've drunk 2 litres of water.

Hmm. Could have been better. But could have been worse too.

Don't be so hard on yourself, this is within your points I'm guessing, but more importantly look at what you did you had a lunch out but you are very healthy for breakfast and dinner.
I'm not sure if this Is same for me but in past if of gone oh I'm out for lunch so ill blow breakfast and then not be hungry for tea but pick n pick n pick at odd bits of unhealthy snacks.
Fact uve recognised you need to not blow the whole day is a great achievement.

If you like nuts you could always swap peanuts for something like almonds and get some really good fats n oils for your points great for bringing down cholesterol

from fat to skinny jeans

Yeah, I'm trying to break the habit of thinking, "well, if lunch or dinner is going to be unhealthy, the rest of the day might as well be too!" because that just makes me feel guilty, and then I start to think that maybe I should restart the diet "on Monday" and then I blow the rest of the week, and then Monday comes around and do I start the diet? Nope!

But this time, the blips and the dinners/lunches out are part of the diet, so I hope I can stick to it! Wait. No. I WILL stick to it.

I do have some almonds in the house somewhere, but they're homemade spiced ones so they're covered in sugar. I'll pick up some plain ones when I next go shopping. I might experiment with flavouring them without using sugar. Egg white is 0 PP, right?

that's a great attitude. :)
Egg white x 1 is 0pp, 2 egg whites are 1pp.....

I like to look at my week ahead and decide what's coming up, lunch out, nights out etc and decide that that's what im going to use my weeklies for. I do shift work so its not necessarily the weekends that my weeklies get used on. I had a half takleaway at work last night cos we always have takeaway on a Sat night, had lunch out on Friday, having lunch out on Tuesday after work meeting and maybe tomorrow aswel! My weeks aren't usually that exciting! :) But id prefer to keep a few extra points for each of the lunches rather than blow them all at once.
Then the following week im going out for dinner (I think) before going to see Wicked and have a few drinks so that'll take all my weeklies.....
I would never give up my food life for a diet which is why I find WW great-you don't have to.
You've done really well with your choices. :) x

I'm going to start planning things better tomorrow. :) But even with eating out, I've stayed well under my points so that's a good thing. I have a tracker app I'm using to keep a note of the points I eat and how many weekly points I use & have left because it's easier than trying to remember.

I've also set up two jars - one filled with 125 pieces of paper as my "to lose" jar, and one empty one as my "lost" jar. I'm hoping that a visual representation of what I'm losing will keep me on track. :)

I'm going to start planning things better tomorrow. :) But even with eating out, I've stayed well under my points so that's a good thing. I have a tracker app I'm using to keep a note of the points I eat and how many weekly points I use & have left because it's easier than trying to remember.

I've also set up two jars - one filled with 125 pieces of paper as my "to lose" jar, and one empty one as my "lost" jar. I'm hoping that a visual representation of what I'm losing will keep me on track. :)

That's a great idea. :) x

Breakfast:
Smoothie - 3 PP

Lunch:
Smoothie - 3 PP
Half a bag of salad leaves - 0 PP
Cucumber - 0 PP
Dressing - 3 PP
Parmesan - 2 PP

Dinner:
Baked chicken - 8 PP
Sweet potato fries - 13 PP
Olive oil - 4 PP
Veggies - 0 PP

Snacks:
Tea with milk & sugar - 2 PP
Filo prawn - 1 PP

Total: 39 PP, 4 of which come from the weekly allowance.

My daily allowance is supposed to be 45, but I've set my tracker at 35, so even though I ate twice as many sweet potato fries as I should have, I'm still ok in terms of points.

Last edited:
Foodl ooks good. I love smoothies or blnded drinks. What do you put in yours?

Can i ask why you put your pp diary on 35 when allowed more? Is it because you do not want tos nack away the other pp? I myself am dreading having to eat 26pp, I have no idea what i would eat...

I'm aiming for 35 PP because I really want to get a grip on sensible eating habits. My main issue is that I'm an over eater so by reducing my points I'm forced to make better choices with veggies & fruit AND I'm forced to eat smaller portions.

So far it's working out because I haven't been hungry and if I was to go with recommended 45 PP I'd probably end up eating either too much volume wise and feel bloated and sick or I would snack on junk which I'm trying to cut out.

Another reason is that I'm hoping it'll eliminate feeling guilty when I go out for lunch or dinner. Or if there's a day where I veer off track and eat more than I should, I can mentally tell myself that the damage isn't as bad as it seems.

I must admit, I look at 26 PP a day and I think "HOW?!" but I guess people on that amount have their weekly points to play with too and fruits & veggies are 0 PP so that probably makes it easier.

With the smoothies, I use frozen berries, bananas, canned fruit like pineapple and pears, mango, anything I see on offer really. I love them because they are filling and make a change from glugging water like a fish!

I'm aiming for 35 PP because I really want to get a grip on sensible eating habits. My main issue is that I'm an over eater so by reducing my points I'm forced to make better choices with veggies & fruit AND I'm forced to eat smaller portions.

So far it's working out because I haven't been hungry and if I was to go with recommended 45 PP I'd probably end up eating either too much volume wise and feel bloated and sick or I would snack on junk which I'm trying to cut out.

Another reason is that I'm hoping it'll eliminate feeling guilty when I go out for lunch or dinner. Or if there's a day where I veer off track and eat more than I should, I can mentally tell myself that the damage isn't as bad as it seems.

I must admit, I look at 26 PP a day and I think "HOW?!" but I guess people on that amount have their weekly points to play with too and fruits & veggies are 0 PP so that probably makes it easier.

With the smoothies, I use frozen berries, bananas, canned fruit like pineapple and pears, mango, anything I see on offer really. I love them because they are filling and make a change from glugging water like a fish!
That makes sense. Seems like a good choice :) If its not making you hungry I THINK ITS FINE, RIGHT? Oops had caps on. Glad i am not the only one worried about 26pp haha.

Your smoothies sound nice. Some people make them with veggies, that does not sound appealing to me at all.

Hope youre having a great day

I'm on 30pp and I'm full, I'm eating fruit but not going ott.

Not sure when ill drop to 26pp but that's 4p about what my lunches are so it is going to get harder but I'm not hungry I'm stuffed either just comfortable

from fat to skinny jeans

Breakfast
Smoothie - 6 PP

Lunch
Salad - 0 PP
Ham - 4 PP

Snacks
Fruit - 0 PP
Olives & feta - 8 PP

I'll make dinner when I get back from the doctor later. I'm going to make Thai style sweet potato & tuna fishcakes with salad and a spicy lemon sauce. It's 10 PP for the fishcakes, 4 PP for the oil to cook them in, 1 PP for the sauce and 0 PP for the salad.

Total: 33 PP

Not the most attractive looking dish, but it was delish. :)

image-807847429.jpg

Ohh I think that looks and sounds yummy.
As for the 26pp, I wouldn't worry about it. I never went down to that many pp. I always lost weight at 29/30pp so I just stuck to that even when the leader told me to drop them to 26pp. As far as I'm concerned as long as I loose on the higher pp why would I limit myself.
Hope you have a good day today x

Not the most attractive looking dish, but it was delish. :)

View attachment 119026
That looks amazing! Could you give me the receipe? It sounds like something I would like.

@MrsLmc, that makes sense. We will see when we get there I guess. :)

That looks amazing! Could you give me the receipe? It sounds like something I would like.

@MrsLmc, that makes sense. We will see when we get there I guess. :)

Yeah just see how you get on. I have a sister who is maintaining on ww too and she stays on 29pp during the week and takes Saturday and Sunday off and maintains nicely. I was maintaining on Simply filling and 90weeklies for a good while.
I agree I'd love the recipe, sounds yummy to me too x

That looks amazing! Could you give me the receipe? It sounds like something I would like. @MrsLmc, that makes sense. We will see when we get there I guess. :)

185g canned tuna - drained
250g sweet potato - although if I make them again, I would use normal floury potatoes because sweet potatoes are a bit too soft
Spring onions
Fresh ginger
Fresh or dried chilli
The zest of 1 lime and half the juice

I finely sliced the spring onions, added some fresh grated ginger, a sprinkle of dried chilli flakes, the zest of a lime and then the juice of half of it and a bit of salt & pepper. Drained the tuna really well and added it to the spring onion mix. Cooked the sweet potatoes until soft, drained & cooled them. Added them to the tuna, mashed until well combined and then shaped into 3 fishcakes. I chilled them in the fridge for about an hour to firm them up and then fried them in a tablespoon of olive oil.

They tasted great, but like I said, if I make them again, I would use regular floury potatoes instead of sweet ones because the texture was slightly too soft.

It made 3 big fishcakes so depending on what you served them with, you could probably get away with shaping them into 4 fishcakes and only eating 2 which would reduce the PP value.

The sauce was just a bottle of something my mum got for Christmas. I can't remember what it's called and I think it was bought at a food market or something. Sweet chilli would work with it though.

Food for today looks like this

Breakfast
1/2 pot 0% fat Greek yogurt - 1 PP
Fruit - 0 PP

Lunch
Baked pancetta Camembert - 12 PP
Beetroot & apple bread - 10 PP

Dinner
I was going to go for ham & salad but I have a butternut squash in the fridge so I'm going to make a roasted butternut squash & goat cheese salad with balsamic glaze. I'm pointing the butternut squash at 4 PP because I'm unconvinced it should be 0, 2 PP for the cheese and 1 PP for the balsamic glaze.

Snacks
Ham - 2 PP

Total 30/35 PP

Last edited:
Back