My journey to 5 stone slimmer!

Went to today's weigh in at 9:30am instead. Really wanted to get my weigh in for the week instead of waiting till next Thursday!

And the result... I lost 2.5lb!!!! AND earned my half a stone award!!!! Wooop! All in 3 weeks! I'm super proud.

I'm 3 lbs off my goal for Xmas. I want to lose 10 lbs. so I'm really motivated now!

Dee

I am SO determined to get to 10lb loss before Xmas! I've only got 3 lbs to go... But I'm gonna have to give a massive push as Christmas is approaching fast! My boyfriend has agreed he'll diet with me this week, watch portion control and exercise together so I can get to 10lbs. It's my first personal goal since joining sw and do its really important for me to hit it.

Dee x

After I'm on a roll where I've been sticking completely to plan for a lot of days in a row, I find it very hard to do things that may break it. It's a good thing for my weight loss, but makes it awkward for me sometimes with plans. For example, yesterday there was a leaving do for one of my colleagues and everyone went to pizza express. I knew I wouldn't be able to just sit and watch everyone eat but also there was nothing on the menu where I could stay within my daily syns... So I chose not to go. My diet and sticking to it was more important than that. I just think that if it was only day 1 or 2 of completely sticking to plan and I had cheated recently then I would be more willing to ruin my diet.

Another situation has come up today where my boyfriends nan has invited us for dinner. I don't like telling people I'm on a diet anyway, but especially not his nan because she made comments about me putting on weight, and I just hate that. Anyway, I would rather avoid dinner completely and just go for tea than try and syn everything and probably go over. I'm in such a determined mood to make it to 10lbs loss before Xmas and most things just don't seem worth it.

Weigh in tomorrow! I don't think it's gonna be that great of a loss even tho I've been sticking to plan. I can feel it

Dee x

Weigh on tonight! Feel like I'm gonna STS even though this has been the best week of sticking to plan :( I know that I haven't had a full week between weigh ins because I went on Saturday last week and I know I weighed at 9:30am without eating anything whereas on Thursdays I weigh in the evening after eating all day, but I still feel meh.

This would be my 4th weigh in, is this too early to STS? I know I need to keep going after this and I might see the results next week...

Popping in to sub. Half a pound is great at this time of year so don't get disheartened xx

So because my normal SW weigh in is on Boxing Day this year they have changed it to Saturday the 28th. I'm abit scared to go to that weigh in because I'm going to be off plan for Xmas day and Boxing Day so that's only 1 full day to pull it back. At least if it wasn't till the next Thursday I'd have almost a week to pull it back. Oh well, maybe it will give me more motivation to get back on the plan?

I'm at work today and tomorrow and then I have 8 days off!!!! Sooo looking forward to that :) Xmas eve at work, me and the girl who I go slimming world with are gonna bring in lots of SW free or low syn goodies so we can munch all day. Last year they ordered pizzas so even tho I may eat more than usual on Xmas eve, it's alot better that I'm eating sw goodies. I'm going to take in meringues and tikka bites and I'm going to bake the chocolate and apricot brownies! I tasted them at my SW groups Xmas party and they were lovely! My friend is gonna make coronation chicken pasta and scotch eggs!

Also forgot To say that we played the losers raffle at the SW Xmas party and I won a hand blender! So handy for all those soups I plan to make in the new year...

So this is the 3rd day back on plan! I overindulged way too much over the week of Christmas and I think I gained about 5 lb. I'm hoping that its a lot of water weight and weight that will come off as easy as it went on, but I don't know. Is gaining 5lb possible in a week?? Lol regardless, I had a brilliant time and it was worth it :)

I didn't go to weigh in on Thursday night because seeing a 5lb gain would be too harsh for me, so I'm going tomorrow morning. It's given me a few days to pull it back to an ok gain and its a morning weigh in so it should be more forgiving hopefully.

On a positive note I am full steam ahead with changing my lifestyle. Back on slimming world, started the 30 Day shred (on day 3!) and 30 day squat challenge (also on day 3) so I'm hoping to see a difference at the end of jan which will drive me to continue! I'm also doing dryathlon for cancer research so my body is going to be very clean during jan!

Ill update tomo with the results from my weigh in!

Went to weigh in this morning and it said I had gained 3.5 lbs over Xmas. I guess that's better than the original 5lb gain I saw on my scales 3 days ago... If I can get 1.5lb off in 3 days then I'm not complaining. I'm also doing the 30 day shred and 30 day squat challenge when I did no exercise before... Does that make you retain water or hold on to fat?

So this is day 4 with both challenges completed for the day :) had a SW fry up at 2pm because I am pretty ill with a cold today so slept most of the day, then got a roast chicken in the oven for later!

I'm finding the dryathlon a little bit difficult today/tonight because its a Saturday night! But I really don't want To give in and I know it will do wonders for losing weight cause wine is normally my downfall....

I'm going to a steakhouse tomorrow for lunch. They do grill all the meat which is good but its just the sauces and chips/jacket potatoes that would be high in syns. I'm not gonna be too hard on myself so I'm gonna eat fruit for the rest of the day and do the 30 day shred twice in one day instead of only once and then ill allow myself what I want but not too much.

Hope you feel a bit better soon hun. Well done for facing up to the Christmas gain, I know it takes some guts to walk through those doors! Great news some of your xmas weight is off already, I'm pretty sure you'll get the rest off in the next week with all the exercise you're doing.

I read somewhere doing exercise can cause you to retain water, so that might affect the scales, but don't worry about it the benefits of exercise far outweigh anything else.

Enjoy your meal out tomorrow, one meal doesn't make a bad diet as they say. Just enjoy yourself and draw a line under it I say. xx

I feel really good at the moment and I have a cold so that's saying something. I am already planning my next exercise challenge/routine after the 30 day shred! I'm still going strong on both 30 day shred and 30 day squat challenge. Today I did 75 squats and it will be the 6th day of 30 day shred although I did it twice yesterday!! So proud :)

I'm also thinking of going Zumba tonight if I feel ok after the 30 day shred. I've never been to Zumba before but Definately after the 30 day shred I'm gonna go Zumba mon and thurs and rejoin netball for wed.

Still going strong on the dryathlon even though I reaaaaally fancied a glass of wine yesterday!

Weigh in tomorrow.. I wonder how that's going to go! I have no idea.. I'm normally a serial weigher but I've tried my hardest to stay away from the scale this week.

...TMI...
Yesterday I had quite a bad day where I felt really tearful, exhausted, had lots of negative thoughts and couldn't be bothered to exercise. This was the first time I had felt that discouraged since starting the new year and the new exercise regime. I was craving so much food even tho I wasn't hungry and it was making me more angry because I didn't understand why it was happening. I felt like my body was deceiving me. Then I came home and came on my period, which explained everything, but I don't have periods usually. I got the coil over a year ago and once it settled, I didn't have periods for months and months. That's why I didn't put all those feelings down to being due on! I'm now suffering fully with all the symptoms cause I used to have horrendous periods. Bad back ache, extreme exhaustion, bad dreams, really deep sleep, cramps, fuzzy head. It's horrible. I'm also now worried as to why I'm having this random period. Maybe it's because I've started lots of exercise from doing none? I'm exercising every day now. Always doing the 30 day shred and 30 day squat challenge but some days also going Zumba on top of those. I've got a doctors appt on Friday so I think I might ask about it then, but its a man doctor sooo I'm not sure.

So, regardless of my very emotionally fragile state last night, I still did the 30 day shred. I have not yet missed a day, through a cold and now this! I feel proud! I also did my squats! 80! Today is my squat challenge rest day but no rest for the shred so will be doing that tonight. I'm sure i will need a lot of willpower tho because I feel so exhausted and vulnerable! How annoying!

I'm hoping it will show weight loss tomorrow at weigh in, but if not then hopefully it's because of my period. I felt so disgusting and fat yesterday even tho For the past week I've been exercising more than I ever have and I had been eating really well. Hormones!!

Dee

Hi hun

Firstly is it mirena coil? If so irregular bleeding is normal and weight loss/ increased exercise effects your hormones so please don't worry about it! (I'm a sexual Health nurse).

Secondly I'm just about to shred too... not on it daily as can't due to work but doing lots of walking on the other days etc to keep activity levels up :) keep going you're doing great x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi hun

Firstly is it mirena coil? If so irregular bleeding is normal and weight loss/ increased exercise effects your hormones so please don't worry about it! (I'm a sexual Health nurse).

Secondly I'm just about to shred too... not on it daily as can't due to work but doing lots of walking on the other days etc to keep activity levels up :) keep going you're doing great x

Yep it's the mirena! The only other time I've had a random period since getting it was when I started the Atkins diet (this was the start of my weight loss journey a few months ago and was still trying to figure out which diet would suit me). Obviously with atkins you cut out all carbs and I came on twice in one month! It was weird. When I joined slimming world it went back to normal because I guess I'm eating normally but just more sensibly. Now I get a random period again after a few months and the only difference with me is that I've started exercising a lot everyday from nothing! Thank you for the reassurance :) I tried googling it but sometimes google is your worst enemy! Lol

Good luck with the shred! Have you Done it before? This was my first time and I was SO unfit. It's much easier now but dreading level 2! X

I've never done it before started new year and done it about 4-5 times so far just sticking with level one til I find it easier then I will move on :) glad it's given you some reassurance! I've got the implant which I've never bled on for 2 years but recently had a few episodes of bleeding so definitely don't worry xx

Hey hun, you're doing brilliant with your exercise, well done! It can be so hard not to get a bit negative at times, in your case the TOTM probably explains it. I get crazy hormonal before I'm due on!

Maybe try and break your weight loss down into mini goals or something so you don't feel like you've got such a long journey ahead of you. I find when I get hung up on the big picture mentally I'm really not in the right place. Take each day as it comes and you WILL do it! :)

Hey hun, you're doing brilliant with your exercise, well done! It can be so hard not to get a bit negative at times, in your case the TOTM probably explains it. I get crazy hormonal before I'm due on!

Maybe try and break your weight loss down into mini goals or something so you don't feel like you've got such a long journey ahead of you. I find when I get hung up on the big picture mentally I'm really not in the right place. Take each day as it comes and you WILL do it! :)

Thank you Hun. I definitely need to break my weight loss into small goals. It's too overwhelming otherwise. At first I think ill concentrate on getting back to where I was before Christmas and go from there. That's 3.5lb! Weigh in tonight so hopefully it will put a dent in that a little bit! I don't usually have periods tho so I'm not sure what this one has done to my weight loss. X

I've started listening to beyonces new album while doing the shred and find it much easier to get through. I'm like dancing around the living room before i start haha. It's not just be music, I've become fitter over the days I think. The first day I was a mess and now I still end sweaty and red, but feel absolutely fine. Yesterday I even felt like I could do it again straight after, but resisted because I'm tryin to be careful not to exhaust myself while totm.

Today I'm going to Zumba straight after work for an hour and then to weigh in! I would like a 2lb+ loss, but we'll see. I did my squats today and it was 100!

I've got tomorrow off work and I'm so happy about it. It was gonna be my first full week back at work and I'm just not ready for that yet! Ben has a hospital appt and we took the day off for it, and I thought I'd take it off too and we can go spend some time together. We're thinking about going to an exhibit in London for the best astronomy photographer of the year... Or the Harry potter set thing haha.

I made spaghetti and meatballs last night, it was SO good! Normally I'm not even that keen on the jar sauces for meatballs, but the sauce I made was amazing. Even Ben was saying it was sooo good. I got a Italian chopped tomato passata rather than a smooth one and it already had basil and oregano in it. Then I browned up onions and garlic, added the passata and one teaspoon of sweetner. I cooked the meatballs in the oven and then added them to the sauce for about 30 mins while it simmered. I had some left over for lunch today but Ben woke up super late and was gonna leave with no lunch so I gave it to him. BEST GIRLFRIEND ALERT. Haha

I have had an orange and muller light for breakfast and for lunch I have a massive salad with new potatoes and babybell lights cut up and mixed in. Random but had to throw something together!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Dee

Back