My journey to 5 stone slimmer!

So I lost 1lb at weigh in. I'm guessing that its partly my totm hormones, but I was NOT happy. I have been trying so hard for ages now. I have been exercising 2-3 times a day when I did NO exercise before and sat at a desk all day... And I had been on plan. It also didnt help that I had not eaten in 7.5 hours and been to Zumba just before weigh in so I was hoping for a good result.

I'm over it now, but it did affect my whole weekend. My be good attitude went straight out the window. However, focusing on the positive, I continued my exercise regime no matter what. I've done the 30DS everyday and I'm now on day 12 and on the second day of level two. I also hve done the squats everyday and I will be going to Zumba tomorrow. That does make me feel good about myself but my food choices have been poor. My period finally got to me and ruined my positivity and weight loss.

I need to draw a line and move on.

Hey hun try not to beat yourself up. For a start you still had a loss, which is a step in the right direction. Secondly, exercise really does cause you to retain water while all your muscles repair. I've read somewhere it can take up to 6 weeks for losses to start getting back to normal after you start exercise, because although you'll be burning fat as normal you'll be holding onto water for the muscle repair processes. Don't let it get you down though, you are doing FANTASTIC and all that exercise will be causing an inch loss, even if you didnt see the results on the scale this week.

Having said that I know how frustrating it can be. I had a week where I was 100% bang on plan every day, swam 3 times that week (over 80 lengths each time) and came out with a -0.5lbs - I was NOT a happy bunny! The week after though I lost 3.5lbs, hopefully you'll have a great loss next week to give you a nice boost x

WOW all you ladies are doing so well, it really makes it feel possible to lose!! Well done all of you. Cheesethief, I love your name!!!

Hey hun try not to beat yourself up. For a start you still had a loss, which is a step in the right direction. Secondly, exercise really does cause you to retain water while all your muscles repair. I've read somewhere it can take up to 6 weeks for losses to start getting back to normal after you start exercise, because although you'll be burning fat as normal you'll be holding onto water for the muscle repair processes. Don't let it get you down though, you are doing FANTASTIC and all that exercise will be causing an inch loss, even if you didnt see the results on the scale this week.

Having said that I know how frustrating it can be. I had a week where I was 100% bang on plan every day, swam 3 times that week (over 80 lengths each time) and came out with a -0.5lbs - I was NOT a happy bunny! The week after though I lost 3.5lbs, hopefully you'll have a great loss next week to give you a nice boost x

I know and now I think of it, I don't know why I was sooo hard on myself. Like you said, it is still a loss! It's not like I went in a had a 2lb gain! I think you're completely right about the muscle repair process. I don't know that much about exercise and what it does to your body because I've never really been into exercise. Today I was talking to Ben about how I felt Thursdays weigh in was weird and I wondered if it had something to do with weighing less than 15 mins after I had finished an hours exercise. I had weighed myself tonight when I got in and then did the 30 day shred and some more exercise after and so he suggested I go weigh again and see what happened. Sure enough only an hour and a half later with the same clothes on I was 3 pound heavier!!! 3 pound!!! Crazy!!! I was so shocked I had to weigh 3-4 times to make sure. I started researching on the Internet and found exactly what you've said. So maybe it is other factors, and I am losing weight. I've just got to be patient!!! X

I feel abit confused about what I should do. I'm showing a weight gain because I'm exercising everyday and intensely and my muscles are ALWAYS hurting. I joked to Ben that I forgot what it feels like to get up from a chair and it not hurt. I've gotten used to the ache in my muscles. I know it means that they're being pushed but it causes a weight gain that may only be temporary IF I wasn't working out everyday. Also, I've just entered level 2 of the 30DS and my squats are getting higher and higher so I'm pushing myself quite hard and so there's always a weight gain. Over the weekend I still did the shred everyday but I had a longer break because I did the shred early In the Morning on Saturday then didnt do it again till 7.30pm Sunday night so when I weighed myself just before the shred I was 2 lb less than I weighed in at slimming world and it had only been 3 days, and I had not stuck completely to plan over the weekend. I then completed the shred and some other exercises and then weighed myself and was 3 pound heavier!! Between the weigh ins was only an hour and a half. It baffles me so I'm going to try and spend as long as possible between exercising on the day before and on the day of weigh in.

Also, I've always done extra easy on SW but I've recently been looking at the red plan as its supposed to boost losses. Does anyone have any advice on that plan? Does it help boost your losses?

Dee

I'm doing red days at the moment to try and boost my weight loss. Hopefully get in 4 red days before weigh in. I've had such a productive evening, but now I'm absolutely exhausted. I have made a red day speed soup which is cooking in the slow cooker, did the 30 day shred, cleaned my flat and then cooked my first chocolate scan bran cake. 1.5syn per quarter if using it as healthy extra or 3 syns if not. It's kinda weird but nice and with low fat squirty cream on top it's really nice.

I'm hoping for a loss of Thursday, and if I'm lucky a loss of more than 1lb!

Weigh in tonight! Eeeeek. My dream loss would be 2.5 lbs because it would put me back to where I was before Xmas and any weight loss after that is a positive. I think that I'm getting so stressed out about small losses atm is because I know I'm not back to where I was before Xmas and so it feels like I'm not makin progress just trying to catch up! If that's makes sense.

It's probably muscle repair retaining water. Try a rest day or two I'm suffering the same problem but have had a rest day today just some lighter than normal walking and will weigh tomorrow and see what happens x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

0.5lb off... I am just so confused right now. A 1lb off last week and 0.5lb this week even though I'm doing the most exercise I've ever done and eating right and did 3 full red days this week...

Aww hun i really feel for you. I only lost 0.5lbs this week and its pretty gutting. Just stick at it and the loss will come! Xx

I've lost about 1lb this week... I'm really confused too. Not sure if i'm doing too much exercise or not enough, whether I'm eating too much or not enough? I think I might have a fairly relaxed weekend then go back to basics on Monday and see what happens! It's so frustrating trying hard and fluttering around the same pound!

I've got a wedding tomorrow evening so I will be throwing a new dress on and hopefully feeling a lot better than I did a few months ago, then I will have a few drinks and relax (i rarely drink) then get back to the grind on Monday :)

I've lost about 1lb this week... I'm really confused too. Not sure if i'm doing too much exercise or not enough, whether I'm eating too much or not enough? I think I might have a fairly relaxed weekend then go back to basics on Monday and see what happens! It's so frustrating trying hard and fluttering around the same pound!

I've got a wedding tomorrow evening so I will be throwing a new dress on and hopefully feeling a lot better than I did a few months ago, then I will have a few drinks and relax (i rarely drink) then get back to the grind on Monday :)

It's hard when you're really tryin isn't it?! I admit that I haven't been on slimming world long enough to know my body and how my losses go (especially since Xmas was in the way!) and I also don't know how my body/weight reacts to exercise because I have never been one for exercising, BUT I just don't see how it's not possible for me to be losing weight when I'm eating right and exercising more than I ever have. So confusing. Maybe I'm worse on the weekends than I admit?!

I'm keeping a food diary and being completely honest for this week. I'm gonna try and not cheat/go over syns AT ALL this weekend (which is hard for me!) and see what happens. If its still a poor loss then ill have evidence to show my consultant. X

Off to my friends baby shower today! I'm not sure if there will be any food, but there will definitely be cake! Going to see how I feel when it gets handed out and syn it if I want some. I'm working on weekly syns this week, but I've never done it before. Has anyone notices a difference if they do daily syns as opposed to weekly syns? Say if you used all your syns in one day and then the rest of the week you had none do you think you'd lose the same amount of weight?

Ooh that looks promising then!
Well done on refusing cake!
Sorry can't help with the syns question I have zero slimming world knowledge x

Nothing puts me in a rage like my weight/weight loss! I'm so fed up today, and I text my consultant for advice and she was not that helpful. I find it hard to stay for the group at the moment cause about 40 new people have joined where its the new year and everyone wants to lose weight so the group is huge. It's time consuming and it means that the consultant is always doing inductions at the beginning SW weigh in.

I really don't have time to sit and go through 50+ people's weigh ins. I'm just struggling at the moment to see the way forward, but I will just continue exercising and eating right and see what happens.

I'm feeling more positive today. I know that my weigh in tomorrow will be crap because I've just started level 3 of the shred yesterday and it kicked my ass, so I'm sore everywhere and holding water. The weigh ins during this shred I'm jus going to ignore and wait till ive finished to get a proper reading.

I think ill take a week off from exercise to give my body a proper rest period after 30 days of exercise that increases in difficulty! Then I've just ordered the ripped in 30 DVD and may attempt that... Or maybe do a week or two of level 3 shred and then move onto that DVD as the reviews say the first level is similar to level 3 of the shred and then it gets harder...

Exercise is good for my health and makes me feel so much better in myself. I have so much more energy and my willpower with it is through the roof. I can't let small scale losses hold me back. I will cut my exercise down to 5 days a week and have both rest days before weigh in, but I definitely think I should keep up the exercise.

Also sticking to EE at the moment because I end up eating more calories, around 1600-1700 and that's without exercising put in. I think 1200 on red days is too low for exercising too.

Still nervous for weigh in tomorrow though.

Good luck for weigh in but it sounds like you have your head round it and a plan x

Good luck for WI hun, fingers crossed for you. Only another pound for me this week so I feel your pain. The more I've looked into it I think i might not be eating enough and pushing my body into starvation mode. It's always worth checking our how many calories your BMR is as regularly having 1000 less than this a day can cause our metabolism to shut down. I'm hoping a few higher cal days this week will restart the losses again!

Sounds like you're in a good place and enjoying the exercise :)

Back