NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

hope your food was yummy :)

My food was really nice. Thanks for asking. Have decided to try some red days. Have been looking at some of the red diary threads and am sure I can get back on them. What weight I have lost I really did on red and green so am going to have a mix up.
Got some EE meals frozen so will have to use those up too. Notgoing to abandon EE but feel that if I have a change it may help. Not going to have that sarni I spoke about earlier so if I remember correctly no syns today.

Have another birthday in NZ.My middle son is 46 on 6th June and as it is already 9am on the 6th June in NZ happy birthday Andy :bighug:

Hoping he has a fab birthday :)

I have read a lot on here where people change from one plan to another and it does seem to kick start their losses again, fingers crossed for you x

Waslying in bed early hours of this morning reading sw books about red days. I was unable to sleep for some reason. Although I know I kept dosing I was very awake at 5am so lay on the sofa and then fell asleep so probably had about 2-3hrs before I got a text from the bank.
Decided to give the birthday boy a ring but only got the ansaphone. When I looked at FB he was in Invercargill.

Don`t know about food today - was going to be a red day but not feeling on top of the world bit of a tummy and headache so am going to have a shower, a coffee then settle back on sofa. :0bathtime:

sounds like you need a chill out day, embrace the sofa, just be good with the food!

I am sticking to extra easy for the moment, because it's just easy lol, I did have the odd day on green or red but it's harder to stick to and keep up with, I might do it again though down the line if my weight loss falters though.

Thanks Izzy & Mandy. Am feeling much better now. Had breakfast late then had a walk down to the garden centre with friend. I believe a lot of the problem is water retention. I do get it every once in a while. I found some water pills last night and took one. Legs & ankles have gone down lots so it probably going from the rest of me too. Resting after this. Main part od dinner cooked.

Here goes

THURSDAY 6TH JUNE RED DAY

hexa 1. 350ml skimmed milk
hexa 2. 30g philly light so far another 35g later

hexb 1. 2 wholemeal bread
hexb 2. 230g potato with skin on

BREAKFAST

2eggs in frylight (bet you could see that coming)
2 rashers very lean bacon
3 grilled tomatoes
mushrooms
2 bread h/e

0 SYNS

LUNCH
5 Scan bran (5syns)
2 boiled eggs 2 hot tomatoes mashed together with some mushroom
This was out on 3 scan bran.
The other 2 had cheese on h/e

5 SYNS SO FAR.

DINNER will be

Beef casserole with carrot, onion and oxo cube.
Spring greens and brocolli.
10g bisto to thicken gravy (1syn)
potato hexb 2

Pudding is Strawberry Fizz
Jelly crystals, diet lemonade with strawberries sliced in it.
With a blob of nat yog. 3 portions, 1/2 each
(the recipe says to puree the strawberries, but then I would have to syn them. No ta.)

Dinner & Pudding 1.1/2 sins.

TOTAL DAY - SO FAR IS 7.1/2 SYNS

I am sure this is ok for a red day, if you notice anything please will you let me know. Of course I may eat all the jelly!!:) I did so 1 more syn.

8 1/2 TOTAL. STILL GOOD.

Probably be asleep after eating dinner. Got WI tomorrow. Anyway am taking a sleeping pill to make sure I get some sleep. Pharmacist grilled me about them as I am diabetic and phoned my pharmacist to check what he thought. Have had them before, not taken any for ages. They do look after me.

Didn`t go to bed till 10 so had 3 slices ham and rest of hexa cheese

Last edited:
Pleased you're feeling a bit better.
Diary looks perfect to me. That is one of the things that annoys me slightly about sw, with something like that you're only eating the same amount of strawberries, it's not like you're making a smoothie and downing the whole punnet in one go.
Hope you get a good nights sleep, and good luck for weigh in tomorrow x

it is because the plan is designed around making you feel fuller too, you are likely to eat more in a helping if it is pureed etc.

Glad you are feeling better Doreen x

It is 7.50, up and showered. Took my sleeping pill at 9pm, bed by 10. Looked at a recipe book (only saw one recipe) then boom I was asleep. Feel much better for it.
Still worried about WI my scales not looking good. Anyway what will be will be. Let you know later

it is because the plan is designed around making you feel fuller too, you are likely to eat more in a helping if it is pureed etc.

Glad you are feeling better Doreen x

Yea. I noticed a baked apple with with mincemeat in a magazine. "All choices free" it boldly stated. but "add 6 syns if not using baked apple with mincemeat as a healthy extra" LOL
Free was cinnamon, fat free nat yog and sweetner.
Huh don`t know why they do this and say free. But there you go they do!

Yea lost 1lb. Can`t tell you how pleased I am!!
:bliss:

FRIDAY 7TH JUNE EXTRA EASY (so pleased with my 1lb loss) I`ve been the same weight for 3 weeks, yes 3.

hexa 350ml semi skimmed milk
hexb 2 wm bread

BREAKFAST.

Very lean bacon sarni with a midgen of tom sauce eaten at class.
say 1/2syn - no more

LUNCH

Pasta & sauce tomato & herb. F (Classic Creation from Iceland.) made with water.

DINNER

2 Sainsbury burgers (2 syns)
Boiled spuds about 300g
Grilled tomatoes
Maybe an egg.

Followed by couple pears, yogurt.

So far 2.1/2 syns today. Could be more lateras my son is staying tonight. We are going out for breakfast in the morning (alert, alert)

The pasta & sauce must be free. On line it says 1 without the butter, on the pkt it gives info using the milk but no butter, so am pretty sure it is free. On pkt is says pasta spirals in tomato, onion and herb sauce. What do you think.
They are 3 for £1 in Iceland.

Yay! Well done! Am soo pleased for you x
Just curious but can you count today as ee? It sounds like a day I would have and I was told it was no good cos there wasn't much super free, that's why I mainly do green. That said I still lost on it!!
No dieting for breakfast, enjoy your time with your son.
Hope you get another good sleep x

Yay! Well done! Am soo pleased for you x
Just curious but can you count today as ee? It sounds like a day I would have and I was told it was no good cos there wasn't much super free, that's why I mainly do green. That said I still lost on it!!
No dieting for breakfast, enjoy your time with your son.
Hope you get another good sleep x

It was a strange day today. Went to class and took bacon sarni with me cause I was going dancing at 11.15, but ended up going to see my neice in Hoddesden. Was only planning to stay for an hour but sitting in the garden the time soon went. I was hungry and the easiest thing she had was the pasta & sauce. But of course first thing this morning I thought ah a red day. In my head this morning I thought I would have burgers for red. Then of course I had the pasta, there was nought else to have. (long explanation) Of course I had planned burgers with toms for superfree plus the pears after. Had forgotten about the diet! Could have had a green day turned the bacon into syns or h/e. Anyway until I looked at your comments I had not even realised what I had done.
Glad you pointed it out. I will just have to call iit a mixer day. :rolleyes: I am sitting here laughing trying to explain to my son. Of course he doesn`t know what I am talking about. He is drunk :beer8:

It sounds like it was a good day which is far more important than sw!

Enjoy your breakfast, catch you later x

Back