Neelyo'hara's calorie counting diary

Neelyo'hara

So I started counting calories on 28th may and am going to start writing a diary on here.
My starting weight was 16st 8lb!!
I really don't want to weigh very often as I feel that this is one of the reasons I've give in at other attempts to lose weight, as a serial weigher seeing you've sts after a hard day of dieting can be really disheartening. I did have a sneaky peek on the scales (OH not hid them
yet) and they're showing a 4.5lb loss but I'm not counting it. I'm going to weigh in a month so on 28th June. Hopefully.
My initial target is to get to 15st 7lb by 16th July which will be my 2nd weigh in as I'm going on holiday 21st and will need to buy clothes then. I think this is a reasonable target as I believe another reason attempts to lose weight have failed in the past is because I set too high targets for myself and get upset if I don't lose 3+lbs a week. At the moment my calorie target is 1470 a day.

So today has been good, breakfast was
2x coffee with skimmed milk, 27cal
2x hovis best Of both seeded 230cal
Poached egg 74cal
7g clover lighter 32cal. Total 363 cal
Lunch was
Teeco light choices wrap 135cal
50g Bernard Matthews turkey 54cal
15g sweet chilli sauce 34Cal
quavers 88cal
fruit salad 100 cal. Total 411cal
dinner was
Chicken tikka masala made with chicken breast 170cal
Weightwatchers sauce 126cal
200g cooked brown rice 236Cal Total 532 cal

Also had a tea with milk today at 18cal and will probably have a skinny cow ice cream or hot choc soon now LO has finally decided to sleep. Thursdays are hard cos OH works 'til 11 so I'm on my own all evening. Think I will read my book to keep me occupied. Will update my total calories when I know what evening snack I'm having. :)

Hah hah I like it occasionally. My navigation of this site is terrible, don't know how to subscribe?
Anyway I decided on a Turkish delight oPtions at 39cal and a nutrigrain elevenses bar at 168cal which does take me slightly over with a daily total of 1531 but I've been about 200 under all week so I don't think that's too bad.

If you come on here on the app on your phone there is an option to subscribe underneath the reply bit x
I just had one of jesses Freddos lol <_<
I have to save loads of calories for chocolate at night or id fail! x

That's why my post count is so high haha, it's one of the only apps that is still quite fast when my phone runs out of 3G lol x

Good start this morning, managed to stay off the scales and LO slept til 7.15 which feels like quite a lie in at the minute. I always diet better when I've had a decent sleep. Had a coffee for breakfast and will probably grab an apple as we're heading out soon so will probably have to grab lunch on the go :)

Well done Alex! I bet you were well impressed! I've missed breakfast again with the HV coming! Teddy got up at 9.30 and jess got up at 11.15 ;) I love my children's lie in abilitys ;)
X

So today's plans changed, didn't eat lunch out as was in too much of a rush. Just made a sandwich at home now before work as I won't get a chance to eat anything so here's my day upto now.
Breakfast : apple and two mugs of coffee with skimmed milk 82 cal
Lunch : pork and stuffing sandwich on hovis best of both seeded 379
Also had a frappe at costa, I asked for tall which is a small in Starbucks but he thought I meant large so I ended up with large, only drank half though so counted it as medium which is 184 cal
Going to pack some fruit for work for 100cal and some quavers for 88 which leaves me well under but I want a wine after work and I'll probably have a nutrigrain elevenses for 168 cal :)
Total with 250ml of wine is 1186 but im not sure if the calories for the wine are correct as I've got them off MFP.

Good luck with your weight lo hun :)

I agree about the wine :)

xxx

Feeling really good about today, walked to and from the town centre which is about an hour and 20 minutes walking, then walked to work which is another 40 minutes. Really looking forward to my wine when I get home from work now :)

It was really too much to hope Alex would stay in bed thus morning.
One reason I hate late shifts so much is that by the time i get home it's quarter to 12 and I really struggle to wind down so don't end up getting to sleep until about 1am. Which is really no good when you've got a baby shaped 5.30am alarm! I'm absolutely exhausted today and it's going to be a long one. My OH really annoys me because he NEVER gets up with the baby if im there. I've just started back at work and start at 5.30am on Sundays so he has to wake up with her then. So I know he must be able to do it, but because I'm at home in the morning all the other days, he knows I'll get up with her. His excuse this morning was that he has work all day, which he does, but I did yesterday, but i still got up with the baby in the morning(she did sleep til 7 but that seems to have been a fluke) anyway, rant over. Today is going to be hard though.

:( I know the feeling, my OH was the same when I started work and he'd leave me get up with the LO during the night for feeds even though I was up at 5am for work and he wouldn't get up till 7:30!! But now after a few arguments over it we have an equal share of waking up with him and getting up in the night with him if he stirs or anything. Hope you manage to nip your OH into shape soon and get some well deserved rest and sleep!

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

Stuart well annoyed me last night whacking me on the shoulder to tell me that teddys awake, if he woke up before me why doesn't he just bloody get up with him then! Hope you manage to get a nap when Alex does today! x

mrs-s said:
Stuart well annoyed me last night whacking me on the shoulder to tell me that teddys awake, if he woke up before me why doesn't he just bloody get up with him then! Hope you manage to get a nap when Alex does today! x

Hah hah but Liam thinks this too. Because I wake up, I should get up. Its so annoying!

Well today has ended up okay. Not the healthiest which I worry about, but well under calories. Went to my mums with Alex to go to some jubilee picnic thing. We went and it was rubbish, so we went back to my mums and made our own picnic. I had the normal picnic goodies but it was all I'd had all day apart from a fruit salad. So my day is like this
Breakfast 2x coffee with skimmed milk 27 cal
Lunch large fruit salad and ww cookies 236 cal
Picnic food : 2/3 eclair, 1/3 jam and cream donut, 1/2 egg mayo sandwich, 1/4 ham sandwich 1/4 cheese spread sandwich, 1/2 sausage roll, slice of garlic bread and some new cadburys biscuit things which I can't remember the name of but want to find again as they were only 125 cal for 7. Total for picnic 859
Daily total 1122
I feel like I should make up my calories but I'm feeling a bit sick from the junk and worry that although calais weren't that bad, there was probably quite a lot of fat.
It's early but I'm going to bed as soon as Alex is asleep as I'm up at 4 for work.

Back