Neelyo'hara's calorie counting diary

So I felt guilty about the biscuits and scale hopped this morning. However they were showing a 1.75lb loss! Really surprised as I expected to sts for a few days after my fast day. Won't record the loss until my official Sunday weigh in though. Feeling much better this morning, probably due to the fact my youngest slept from 7-4 and my toddler who's been waking at 5 recently, slept in til 8.15! Never thought that would be a lie in until I became a mum.
Really not sure what to do today as it's my OHs day off but the weather is still looking like it's going to storm. Also not sure on a menu as I need to do a food shop & forgot to take pork steaks out of the freezer.

We ended up taking the kids to soft play (not that the baby has any idea) so got quite a walk in today as it's in the next town. Anyway today's food was

bfast - strawberries, blackberries, blueberries & almonds with Greek yoghurt and honey. 239kcal
Lunch - chicken breast (was out so grabbed this from the market. Was bloody awful and so dry!) 209kcal
dinner - rump steak with baked mushrooms, corn on the cob and ratatouille. (Well made up for the disappointing lunch) 486kcal
snacks - 100ml skimmed milk 36kcal

Today's food

bfast - strawberries, blackberries, blueberries & a large boiled egg + 200ml skimmed milk - 201kcal
snack - nakd cashew cookie 143 kcal
lunch - fresh mackerel with spinach salad 289 kkcal
dinner - tuna steak with stir fried veg (planned)

Bfast - large mushrooms topped with cherry tomatoes and cheese (like low carb cheese on toast!) & 100ml skim milk 284kcal
lunch - subway tandoori chicken salad 139kcal (this is the cals for normal chicken breast but couldn't find tandoori chicken as it's ltd edition)
dinner - chicken breast stuffed with pesto & wrapped in bacon with baby corn & green beans 478kcal
snacks - 40g cashews & a cheesestring.

We took the kids to the park today but it started hailstoning as soon as we got there so we ended up going shopping instead. Bought my little girl loads of new clothes. Really can't wait until I'm a size where I actually enjoy shopping for myself!
Noticed today that my appetite has massively decreased. Had a salad from subway today and was actually stuffed afterward. Before I eat it I was looking at it thinking I was going to be starving til tea time but I really was genuinely full! I have much more energy too. Despite every night being a broken nights sleep I'm up all day without feeling the need to nap or veg out on the couch. And normally I'd be going to sleep as soon as the kids did but I'm managing to read again and update this diary and even catching up on game of thrones.
Also not thinking about having a day off which I've never done when dieting before. I've always had one day a week off the diet, but I really don't feel the need right now. In fact I'm really looking forward to my fast day on Saturday and the loss I know I'll see on Sunday morning :)

Yesterday's food was :
Bfast - 2 egg spinach mmushroom & cheese omelette 316kcal
lunch - roast chicken breast & homemade butternut& Chilli soup 285kcal
dinner - surf & turf with mangetout & sugarsnaps 404kcal
snacks - skimmed milk, cheesestring & 2 squares 74% dark chocolate 207kcal

today is a fast day but still going to have 200ml of skimmed milk for a few cups of tea :)

Fast went reasonably well yesterday. Managed to get through and didn't even feel particularly hungry until the stress of bedtime. Weigh in today and I've lost another 5.25lbs! Really pleased with that. Total loss is 12.25lbs so hopefully will have lost my first stone next week! And less than 4lbs away from my second pre pregnancy weight. Never lost so much in a fortnight of dieting.

On another note: little man slept through the night for the first time last night although he did get up at 5.40 which is why I'm posting at this awful hour.

Amazing well done! iv just noticed we have same weigh in the same day we should be weigh in buddys :).. ive gotta wait go tesco weigh myself my kids have jumped up n down on my scales so many times it dont work proberly lol.. your meals sound lovely i deffo need get more experimental in the kitchen lol x

Amazing well done! iv just noticed we have same weigh in the same day we should be weigh in buddys :).. ive gotta wait go tesco weigh myself my kids have jumped up n down on my scales so many times it dont work proberly lol.. your meals sound lovely i deffo need get more experimental in the kitchen lol x
Hah hah at least it stops you scale hopping all week. Thanks, I try and keep it varied otherwise I just get bored. I always think it costs a fortune to eat healthily but otherwise id be spending less on the weekly shop but buying takeaways and sandwich shop. We should be weigh in buddy's! I don't think many people weigh in on a Sunday but I fast on Saturdays now so it's the best day for me. Good luck with your weigh in!

yea true im usally terrible for that lol.. yea im getting abit bored with meat n veg for dinner my familys really fussy and i usally have make different stuff for us all when it comes to mine i cant be bothered..yea is expencive i have been buying alot of pre packed salad n it costing me a bomb so gonna start doing my own i think n stop being lazy lol but im saving not buying takeaways too.. i lost 5lb quite pleased didnt think had lost that much :)

yea true im usally terrible for that lol.. yea im getting abit bored with meat n veg for dinner my familys really fussy and i usally have make different stuff for us all when it comes to mine i cant be bothered..yea is expencive i have been buying alot of pre packed salad n it costing me a bomb so gonna start doing my own i think n stop being lazy lol but im saving not buying takeaways too.. i lost 5lb quite pleased didnt think had lost that much :)
I commented on your diary but again well done. It's really good when you haven't got as much to lose. I always buy bags of salad leaves and spinach and just add my own tomatoes etc.

anyway, today's food was
bfast - 2 medium boiled eggs, bowl of strawberries, raspberries & blueberries with Fat free Greek yoghurt & 100ml skimmed milk 326kcal
lunch - grilled chicken breast & salad - 139kcal
dinner - grilled salmon fillet with sugarsnaps & mangetout 269kcal
snacks - 10 hazelnuts & 2 squares 74% dark choc - 198kcal
Total - 932kcal

I've had a really lazy day today. My daughter goes to her grandparents on Sundays so I took the baby back to bed and slept most of the afternoon. Haven't had a nap in weeks despite doing all the night feeds and getting up early with them both most mornings. It finally got a bit much and I desperately needed to catch up on some rest. Gutted it was a lovely sunny day wasted though! My OH strimmed the gardens and made me lunch (that I could actually eat bless him!)
Both children are asleep now so going to get an early night as I'm still quite tired!

Today's food
bfast - raspberries & blueberries & almonds with ff Greek yoghurt & 100 ml skimmed milk 219kcal
lunch - feta cheese spinach salad 227kcal
dinner - chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in bacon with tenderstem broccoli & garlic butter mushrooms 570kcal
snacks - cheesestring & 20g 74% choc 173kcal

Last edited:
Back