Neelyo'hara's calorie counting diary

Hah hah, I think it's just laziness on my part! I hate the thought of it. I've actually been enjoying it so much this week. Went to a legs, bums and tums class this morning. It was harder than I thought it would be. I've booked onto two lbt classes next week as I can feel its effective.
Food today has been
breakfast: 100g strawberries, 40g raisin, oats and more, ww lemon tart yoghurt 236
lunch: 200g baked potato with prawn cocktail & extra seafood sticks, with salad and a light chocolate mousse 473

Dunno what's for dinner as I'll be in work. OH has taken LO to southport for the day to see his grandparents so having a nice bath then gunna get an hour nap before work :)

Feeling really crappy today. Yesterday finished up 1246 cals after I had a turkey salad and some cheese strings and a pack of snackajacks at work. Just wanted to eat rubbish all day. I'm normally quite healthy with my cals but today I've had 2 pieces of milk roll with dairylea for breakfast. A ham, tomato and mayo pitta for lunch with wotsits, cheese string, milkyway crispy roll and 2 Jaffa cakes. Luckily it's all low cal so I still have nearly 800 left. Managed to resist the temptation of all cadburys family bags being £1.00 at Tesco. I'm on my rest day from the gym, but aching all over from yesterday's class.
Really not looking forward to a 4.30 wake up. I guess im
just generally feeling a bit rubbish.

I was tempted by the twirl bites haha,
Just invested in 50 shades of grey so hopefully it will distract me for a few evenings haha x

Decided to give myself a few extra calories today as I wanted to cook the OH a treat for fathers day. I've been going to the gym a lot and not been counting the extra calories I'm burning, and I went this morning too so think it's probably evened out. Food for today has been:
Breakfast: 2xcoffee with skimmed milk and an apple 72 cals
lunch: roast pork with stuffing, mashed potatoes, cauliflower cheese, cabbage and asparagus. And a chocolate profiteroles dessert. 2006 cals

Havent had any dinner as I'm still stuffed from lunch. Not too concerned about going over as I haven't for two weeks and previously I've had a treat evening every week when I dieted and sstill consistently lost. Plus I'm eexercising more than I ever have. I'm absolutely knackered now as literally haven't stopped today and LO woke me up at 2 so I'm having an early night.

It's been a week since I last wrote in this diary. Been really busy, and also bought 50 shades of grey so been reading that in my spare time. The week had been going really well, I've been going to the gym as much as I can and sticking to my calories. I weighed in on Friday and my ttotal loss was up to 13lbs. Then, at work on Friday night, we had a robbery. It was possibly one of the scariest moments I've ever experienced. The whole thing only lasted about 10 minutes but it was so so terrifying. Ended up at work until 12.30 giving the police a statement. By the time i got hhome I was exhausted so ended up having a glass of wine and going to bed. Then yesterday, my OH managed to get the day off work (we work for the same company but in different stores) and with everything that happened I decided to just eat what I fancied for the day. We had KFC for lunch and pizza hut for dinner!! Plus my OH bought me a box of Lindt chocs which I was shocked to find are 80cals a choc (though that completely explains my weight gain over Xmas hah hah). Anyway I went over my cala by 2000, and the scales are showing a 3.5lb gain, which I know is just bloat and water etc and will probably be gone after a day or two back on it. We've both been given the day off work today so will be going to the gym later to do some damage control. :)

Holy moly! How awful for you and no wonder you couldn't be arsed.

Glad you're ok, keep on track x

50 shades will assist you in losing the extra ;-)

Well today has been really good. Went to the gym this afternoon and burned 600 cals not including the weights and 30 minute walk there.
Breakfast: 2x coffee with skimmed milk, small apple, apple nutrigrain 205 cals
lunch: pot of bgty houmous with cucumber and a wrap 202 cals
dinner: chicken breast with BBQ sauce, salad and new potatoes with clover light 426

Looking to be a very low cal day which is good after yesterday but I will probably have some supper before bed.

Finished yesterday on 970 cals after I'd had a mint aero finesse. I know it's really low but I just couldn't be bothered and felt like I had to make up for my pizza hut. AAiming for normal 1470 today.
Breakfast: 2x coffee and small apple 72
snack: ww roast chicken crisps 86 cal (well disappointing amount of crisps -should've stuck to wotsits)
lunch: Bernard Matthews BBQ turkey chunks with salad and mini wrap, strawberries and ww fromsge frais. 316 cals

Well today is my official weigh in day. I haven't managed to stay off the scales for the whole month but ive been better than usual. My total weightloss for the calendar month is... 13.25lbs. I'm really pleased with that. Hoping to lose another 5lb before my next weigh in which is on 17th July as that's the last day I can go shopping for clothes before my holidays. :)

Well today is my official weigh in day. I haven't managed to stay off the scales for the whole month but ive been better than usual. My total weightloss for the calendar month is... 13.25lbs. I'm really pleased with that. Hoping to lose another 5lb before my next weigh in which is on 17th July as that's the last day I can go shopping for clothes before my holidays. :)

Thats bloomin marvellous! well done you! if you do the same this month you'll be in the other stone category!

Hows the 50 shades of grey going - is it good or all hype so women buy it?

I've decided to commit to diary writing again! I wasn't sure as now I have two children I hardly find the time to come online, but it is much better for my dieting if I write down my musings and actually communicate with other dieters.

So I fell pregnant when I was still attempting to lose the weight I gained in my first pregnancy. I stopped calorie counting but managed to maintain until I was 18 weeks pregnant when I was just starving all the time! The last 20 weeks of my pregnancy are a blur of family sized bags of cadburys chocolate -.-
Still, I only gained 2 stone as opposed to the 3.5 of my first pregnancy, putting me pretty much back to square one.

So since my pregnancy I managed to lose 1 stone pretty effortlessly. Then my weightloss stalled for a couple of weeks, and I spent a fortnight gaining and losing the same 3-4lbs. So I decided to restart a more structured way of eating, did some reading, spoke to my brother(who's about to start a nutritional science degree) had a weekend off and decided to begin low carb. After further reading I decided to add one fast day a week to my diet. (I'm using diet for want of a better word. It's really more of a lifestyle change) Anyway, I'm one week in and had my first fast yesterday. I had 200ml of skimmed milk as at the moment I desperately need a couple of hot drinks in the morning (littlest one is only 6 weeks yesterday!) I also drank 4L of water as I really don't think water fasts can possibly be good for you.
So today was weigh in and I'm down 7lbs! I'm so pleased, I also feel miles healthier already. Been eating really clean and minimal sugar except natural sugar in fruit. I can't believe how much more energy I have, even with the sleep deprivation.
I'm going to post my weeks food diary shortly but I need to give little#1 her breakfast and break my fast!
Thanks for reading if you did. I'm using mfp again so please feel free to add me as my friends list is significantly smaller than it was before I fell pregnant. :)

I really don't have time to update my whole last weeks food diary so I will just start from today.

Day 7
bfast - 2 large boiled eggs, bowl of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with onken fat free natural yoghurt and honey, + 200ml skim milk - 401 kcal

snack - small banana, 10 almonds - 162 kcal

lunch - 140g salmon fillet with stir fried veg & homemade Chilli lime sauce - 410 kcal

feeling pretty full as I had a late lunch so will just have something small for tea or maybe a snack.

Today has been the hardest day so far. I feel absolutely starving and really want biscuits! I've been eating so healthily, but looking at my previous entries, I didn't eat amazingly healthy, i still ate bread and other wheat products, still ate sugar and still had the odd glass of wine... And I still lost weight.
Im hoping this sugar craving is just hormonal and will go away tomorrow. Although I am starting to wonder if this complete health kick is really sustainable long term.
Maybe I should just eat whatever I want but within my calories for now. I'll see if I still feel like this tomorrow.
Anyway, today's food looks is this:

bfast - large boiled egg, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and Greek yoghurt with honey - 222kcal
lunch - homemade butternut squash and Chilli soup and 10 almonds - 166 kcal
snack - gala apple & 20g peanut butter (sugar free) 174kcal
dinner - (cooking now) grilled chicken breast with roasted veg (aubergine, courgette, red onion, tomatoes & mushrooms) 367kcal

Maybe part of the problem is that I'm struggling to use up all my calories without eating carbs. Hmm. :S

Last edited:
So I caved and had a pack of LOs biscuits and a chai latte. Still in my calories but wheat, sugar blah blah. Ah well I actually felt miles better afterwards.
Todays total is 1273kcal

Back