New healthy hot me :-)

Good morning all :D

Weight loss yesterday (4lb 2oz :p:p:p:p:p) is keeping me motivated, and I can't wait til next Monday :)

Can feel myself able to do a little more each day in the gym so I'm sure that's helping.

My food diary for yesterday:

Brekkie: Muller fat free yogurt with a spoonful of granola
Lunch: Small brown pitta with chicken, chopped peppers,lettuce and beetroot
Dinner: steamed salmon and spicy stir fry veg (peppers,grated carrot, onion, bean sprouts, mushrooms, baby corn)

Snacks: 2 mandarin oranges and half a chocolate brownie my housemate baked (it had a raspberry in it so that's more fruit really!!) At least I only ate half!!

Have a great day everyone xx

Morning all...

Another day down....hope it was good for you all...

Very quick diary for yesterday :)

Brekkie: fruit salad and natural yogurt
Lunch: was too busy in work so snacked on a banana and orange
Dinner: turkey stir fry with lots of veg

Snacked on a muller yogurt and drank about 4l of water! :eek:

Gym: did a bit more yesterday
15mins on cross trainer
2500m on rowing machine
20 sit ups

Have to run.... happy Wednesday ;)

Wow, you are on a roll! Great loss, great attitude, it's all going to add up. Well done.

Morning all...

For some reason I'm absolutely shattered... early night last night and still feel like I was on the tear last night. :(

Feel like I've very little energy...maybe I need to snack a bit more? Problem is, I don't have much time to prepare snacks so inevitably through fruit into my bag, it's ok...but not very inspiring.

Today will be better I'm sure.... going to work in a little while, I've donated the contents of my sweet cupboard to the savages in work.... they're thrilled! Before, I would have thought...hmmmm well I bought all those sweets so it would be a waste to throw them out, I'd eat them all before attempting a diet! :eek::eek::eek:

Diary for yesterday...

Brekkie: Big bowl of strawberries and grapes
Lunch: small round brown pitta with 1 laughing cow, 1/2
chicken breast, lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes
Dinner: Turkey stir fry, lots of veg and a little chorizo

Snacks: M&S crunchy granola bar - 100 cals... not worth it at all!

Drank about 2 litres of water and 1 can of Diet Coke.

Went to the gym and did my normal routine :)

Brilliant to see how well everyone is doing... keep up the good work... for anyone struggling, why not restart today.... don't put it off until tomorrow xxx

Hi

in the early weeks i too was shattered in the evenings, i think it was a combination of new eating plan and sudden surge in exercise :rolleyes:

It seems to have got better now, but still overly tired as it approaches totm :)

menu looks great, real yummy!

Fruit is good to throw in your bag, how about little boxes of raisins?, or a cereal bar? A couple of cream crackers and a laughing cow light cheese triangle? A yoghurt or fromage frais?

Finding the time to prepare snacks isn't easy when you are working I know, but maybe at night, before the tiredness kicks in, boil a little brown pasta, cool and add tuna and onion, sweetcorn etc, mix with a little light mayo and put in a container, pop in fridge and grab it in the morning when leaving for work?

Enjoy your day :)

Evening all ;)

Glorious day in Dublin today :D

Had a great day... busy in work... went to the gym and was really motivated...

15 mins on cross trainer
4500m on rowing machine
20 sit ups
lots of weights

Food seems to be taking up less of my thoughts which is gooooooood :p It's really odd, the thought of eating a take away makes me want to gag.... my housemate had a pizza for dinner and I wasn't even tempted... Somehow I've now gotten into mindset that junk food is evil and if I eat it I'm going to get sick again....

Ok I know that sounds mad, it's a weird one... I can't even look at greasy food that I'd normally have loved. I'm so health conscious since being ill and in last week I've noticed a surge in my hatred for evil junk food...

So my food diary for today...

Brekkie: bowl of grapes, strawberries and chopped up mandarins with oats on top

Lunch: oooh I just realised that I made a brown pitta to have in work and I didn't eat it (it's still in my handbag :confused::confused::confused:) I didn't even notice I hadn't had lunch... hmmmm that's odd

Dinner: 2 egg omelette with about 6 mushrooms, a couple of thin slices of chorizo, and i broke a laughing cow triangle over the top, then grilled to brown the top.

Wow I also just realised that I didn't snack at all today :eek: I'm not going to have anything else for day as I'm off to bed soon.

Hmmmm appetite is zero at the moment, I've just realised that I really only ate brekkie and dinner because it was time for meals, rather than cos I was hungry :confused:

Having said that, the omelette was really delicious... I think it was healthy :eek:

Everyone have a great evening, and an even better weekend ;)

Your meals sound really healthy and yum! Especially that omelette, I always wondered what laughing cow cheese would be like with it. Hope you have a good day

Your meals sound really healthy and yum! Especially that omelette, I always wondered what laughing cow cheese would be like with it. Hope you have a good day

The laughing cow was delicious... it was like I'd crumbled feta over the omelette, it went into gooey cheesy deliciousness :p

Hope you have a good day too ;)

hello

hope your day is going well so far. I can relate to the lack of appetite, sometimes that happens to me, and I realise i must have been eating in the past due to habit rather than hunger! the nurse advised me to eat 3 meals a day, so that is what I am doing, even if it is only a light breakfast or lunch. Then on the other hand, I read Paul Mckenna's book and he advised only eat when you are hungry, which also makes sense :confused:

I love laughing cow light cheese triangles, I find them quite filling :)

Have a sunny, happy weekend :D

Afternoon everyone...

Fabulous bank holiday weekend here in Dublin :D

The sun really doesn't like me so I'm hiding indoors :(

Hope everyone's weekend is going well and you're all keeping up the good work...

I mentioned before about how the gym scales was weighing ten pounds heavier than my mothers scales... well she visited doctor during the week and his scales was the same as hers... that cheered me up a little, the gym scales must be wrong... It's a bit frustrating though cos I'm rarely in my mum's house so maybe I should just continue using scales in the gym?

So my food diary for yesterday... I was very busy yesterday so didn't really snack or eat much...

Brekkie: a handful of grapes
Lunch: didn't get a chance
Dinner: 2 egg omelette with lots of mushrooms and a brown bap

Drank lots of water as it's ridiculously hot!

Gym:
15 mins on cross trainer
3000m on rowing machine
lots of weights

Well that's all for now folks...

Chat soon... have a great Saturday :D

Good news, sort of! that the gym scales are 'out'.

If I were you, I'd invest in a set for home, and weigh yourself in the morning each week at roughly the same time, naked!!!! then you'll know without doubt what you are losing each week. Argos usually has some resonably priced sets, I got 'medical' scales that the doctor uses, in a sale years ago. They are also available online I think.

Just some friendly advice, I know the hot weather makes us eat less, "horray!" but try to eat enough to kick start your metabolism, or the scales cruelly stay the same, as the body believes it is being starved and keeps hold of all the excess!!!! it happened to me once, and I was gutted for days afterwards! :cry:

Enjoy the bank holiday OTW :)

Thanks Rose, that's a good idea. I might pick up a scales next day I'm out and about and stick to weighing myself first thing in the morning every week. I'm trying to avoid shopping centres though... I
have no self control when it comes to shopping!

Nice day here in Dublin... I've been pretty well behaved considering it's a bank holiday weekend. I treated myself to a purple snack bar (130 calories of deliciousness).. I literally nibbled at it for half an hour and it was such a nice treat. I refuse to deprive myself of occasional treats.

I didn't get out and about much so not a huge amount of exercising done, but I'm hoping that since I was so disciplined in the gym last week that it won't do much harm.

Good news.... not out of breath walking up the stairs anymore!!

My diary for yesterday...

Brekkie: grapes, strawberries and an orange with a fat free orange yogurt on top
Lunch: Lasagne, 2 baby new potatoes and a field worth of carrots
Dinner: leg of chicken off chicken just of oven... num num num

Snacks: 15g bag of Peri air popped popcorn, purple snack bar which I don't regret even a little bit!

I'm looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I'm feeling confident... hope the scales don't let me down!

Can't wait to be the new hot healthy me :)

xxxx

you will be OTW!!! keep doing what you are doing, fingers crossed for the weigh in :)

You've GOT to have the occasional treat...it keeps you sane! :D

Mmmmm hot chicken, yummy yummy yum!!!

(i'm having chicken too tonight, cooked on my new george foreman grill :))

I love to shop too, but never for clothes :eek: I buy for everyone else! just take enough cash for the scales then you won't go on a spending spree :D

What's the purple snack bar????....I want one! ;)

Good luck :)

Will be back tomorrow to see your result...good luck!

Morning all....

Been reading other diaries this morning and it's such a good way of motivating myself... it can be done... and we'll all get to our goals :D

Another gorgeous day in Dublin... I'm not loving the hot weather though...wigs are hot and my head feels like it's overheating half the time!! :eek:

Diary for yesterday...

Brekkie: small bowl of fruit & fibre cereal
Lunch: wholemeal wrap with chicken, lettuce, beetroot and 1 laughing cow triangle
Dinner: brown rice cooked in chicken stock with peppers, onions, mushrooms, peas and carrots.... yum

Treat: 1/2 freshly baked scone with low low

Weigh in today... let's hope I'm on a downward slope :D

Will check in later... xxxxx

HI OTW, hope that weigh in is good and that you are pleased with yourself. You sound really motivated and focused and that's what it takes.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi guys...

Just back from the gym... lost 1lb 2oz...

I know I should be delighted that I lost anything, but I was a bit put out so I went off, peed and came back! Still just 1lb 2oz :sigh:

It's better than nothing but now I feel bad for treating myself over the weekend. :(

:wave_cry:

Hey huni

a loss is a loss, and its all going in the right direction. Please don't get disheartened, our weight fluctuates so much daily and throughout the day, so chin up, we are all going to do this, and you are in the winning team with us :)

I weigh first thing in the morning, after a wee :rolleyes: and before I eat anything, remember at this time of day, you've probably had 2 meals by now? that haven't digested yet. Definately think about your own scales, and weighing in first thing in the morning.

Boo to those gym scales for upsetting you, tomorrow is another day, keep motivated and keep at it! Remember the weight is coming off, not going on..and that is sweet music to my ears, and yours too!

Have you access to the lightweight scarves that are available for people having treatment or recovering? If you don't, let me know and I'll buy you one and send it to you, if you want? :) No problem.

Cheer up, that is a good loss, don't think otherwise...and I bet your next loss is even bigger.

Thanks Rose ;)

I know you're right, I just had hoped 4lb would fall off every week!! :p

5lb 4oz isn't bad for 2 weeks, if I keep going at that rate I will actually be chuffed :D I think I'll definitely buy my own scales and do my weigh in first thing in the morning. It's on my shopping list for tomorrow.

Speaking of shopping... I went food shopping this evening and I've actually just realised how much nice, tasty healthy food there is... strawberries, grapes, mango, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, salmon.... mmmmm I actually am really enjoying eating healthily... I'm cooking more and enjoying my food much more... it tastes much better than greasy take aways.... best of all... I got some of these (only 100kcal)...can't wait to taste one :D

168579.jpg

Thanks again Rose... you're right as usual.. .a loss is a loss... if I keep this up, I'll be at my goal weight in no time :D

Back