New start

Hiya congratulations on your new baby xxxxx. And good luck on your journey, we're all here to help/support/listen and nag!! Feel free to give us a shout when needed. I'm not so good at keeping upto date in here but the others including stef and Susie are never too faraway, it's a friendly place x.

I love mm - best place ever and so much more useful than diet classes. Lol.
I will be sure to call on you all when needing help - which will be sooner than you think :D xx

Most usually weigh in every week, so if u started on a Friday weigh every Friday, if it was Monday do mondays etc! try do it first thing in the morning after a wee lol and it's always best to wear the same things! I always wear my knickers and T-shirt :D

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It was great. Thinking about adding advocado next time. The recipie is on that link under egg crepes x

Speaking of avocados, found this recipe which I thought you might like?

Bacon and avocado salad

2 ounces bacon
6 cups mixed salad greens
olives
1 avocado
4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered

Makes 4 servings

1. Fry the bacon until crisp and set aside. Mix the salad greens with the avocado slices and olives. Sprinkle with vinegar and the bacon. Serve.

What exactly is an avacado? Xxx

Thanks for that recipe. I had never tasted an avocado before stef but now addicted. Really tastey.
Guacamole is made with advocado - think I've spelt it wrong lol x

LOL you've popped an extra "d" in there KD - but it's all the better for it :)

Just watch your avocado intake on induction - I think you're allowed 1/2 a small one a day? But as Busy says, they are uber good for you!

Just as well you said that. I had a full one yesterday. Oops.xxx

This is an avocado

ForumRunner_20130106_141815.png

Don't worry, I'm sure it won't make much difference :)

Here's the extras list from the Atkins book I have -

Special Category Foods
To add variety, each day you can also eat 10 to 20 olives, half a small avocado, an ounce of sour cream or three ounces of unsweetened heavy cream, as well as two to three tablespoons of lemon juice or lime juice. But be aware that these foods occasionally slow down weight loss in some people, and may need to be avoided in the first two weeks. If you seem to be losing slowly, moderate your intake of these foods.

I need to get some olives. I'm not keen on black olives but love green ones does it matter which ones? X

Another day almost gone and still in the game.
Had another fabby day Atkins style.
B bacon and mayo crepe wraps
L tuna salad
D meat loaf (home made!! Getting good at this cooking malarkey) and cauliflower mash . Meatloaf made from beef mince, eggs, herbs and cheese and onion.
Made enough to do me a few lunches as I'm back to work tomorrow :(
Xx

Well done!! Wow your food sounds lovely!!

I'm so rubbish at making things!! Xxx

Honestly I'm no cook. I just chucked it all in a bowl and mixed together. Chucked it in the oven and hoped for the best.. x

Thanks busy..
Been a lot easier this time round. Think it's because off all the support and ideas on here xx

Been a long day. 1st day back at work for 2 weeks. Was in a bit of a rush this morning so had a quick breakfast.
B 1 pepperami and 2 baby bells (eat on the way to work )
L left over meatloaf some cucumber sticks and 4 cherry tomatoes
D more meatloaf with salad lol - suger free jelly Nd cream for pudding
Another good day. No cravings or set backs. Bring on tomorrow xxx

Back