New to Lighterlife

Aw, sorry to hear you're not so keen on the shakes as time goes on... I had actually heard stories of people living on just chocolate shakes alone because they didn't like anything else!
I can't stomach shakes anymore, so I stick to savoury packs and porridge. Don't like the new bars either, so don't have any of them.

Due to lack of choice with LL, my partner and I introduced packs from a different company called Slim&Save. They have very comparable nutritional/calorific values and we still lose the same amount of weight. Luckily our LLC didn't mind us buying however many packs we wanted from her, so it was ok. :)

Oh really? Why are yours so limited! In the first week I tried everything and I felt sick at all the hot
meals and soups and I didn't like the bars either
so decided I would stick to what I can tolerate. I do quite enjoy the shakes I have so will stick to this and hopefully not get bored of them!

I'm looking forward to hear how you do at your first WI.

Tess

My LLC councillor has said that we have to buy the 28 packs every week. I was supposed to be going in a day later but due to cancelled plans I went for my meeting a day earlier which meant I had extra packs but she still insisted I buy 28 packs which means I now have extra. Does this sound right?

Many people have reported their tastes changing as time goes on. All the packs are going to taste pretty rank in the first week because your taste buds are used to more calorific, sugary food... as you become more sensitive to variation in flavours the different packs may become more tolerable. :)

Do try them again in a couple of weeks, you may be pleasantly surprised.

[My LLC councillor has said that we have to buy the 28 packs every week. I was supposed to be going in a day later but due to cancelled plans I went for my meeting a day earlier which meant I had extra packs but she still insisted I buy 28 packs which means I now have extra. Does this sound right?

You do need 28 packs per week (4 per day - 7 days). You are able to buy what you need for the week, she can't force you to do anything. :) The extra packs may come in handy at the moment (have one in your bag, just in case you get caught out somewhere etc).

Remember - every LLC is different, they do what they 'think' they should, but there are no real set rules (just guidelines to every franchisee). My LLC allowed me to buy however many packs I personally wanted that week, they are not there to dictate at you. You are their customer after all!!

Now that I've tried all of the shakes/meals/soups (of the limited choice we have!) I think I will swap some tonight cus I definitely have my favourites! Our LLC said that one woman buys only shepherds pies every week - 28 of them!

Did you have a chilli con carne option? I saw it in the book but it wasn't on our order form.

Hmmm that's really strange then as she said I had to buy the 28 packs even when I already had seven left over from the previous week!

Yeah I tried the chilli I hated it. But some people really like it, suppose everyone is different. Oh god how could you eat 28 of the shepards pies that sounds awful! Which ones do you like then Tash?

Tess x

Hmmm that's really strange then as she said I had to buy the 28 packs even when I already had seven left over from the previous week!

Yeah I tried the chilli I hated it. But some people really like it, suppose everyone is different. Oh god how could you eat 28 of the shepards pies that sounds awful! Which ones do you like then Tash?

Tess x

You don't *HAVE* to do anything. She's just trying to make you buy stuff because that's how she makes profit. Only buy what you need. Don't let her tell you what to do ;) If she does - she'll lose a client who was willing to keep going!! If she says it's LL policy for everyone to buy 28 per week - I'm pretty sure that isn't the case!!

Do you not like the Pasta Carbonara packs? They're probably the nicest LL have! :) I used to like Shepherd's pie, but now they just make me gag .. bleurgh

My LLC has the same rule with the 28 packs. The reason she gave was that they have to try and make sure people are doing the plan properly and if people think they can get away with buying less they will and that's dangerous.

I am really bad at having all 4 packs every day. Most days I do but then there are times when I simply forget or can't remember how many I've had. After 12 weeks of being on plan, I've ended up with a 'bag for life' full of spare packs. Also if I've lapsed I've missed packs.

I'm just saving them for after my holiday at the end of August (by which time I should've finished management). I intend to enjoy myself. I will make sensible choices but I imagine after the week which is immediately followed by a weekend in London with a meal out and cocktails I will need a week or two for damage control.

X

Libby makes a good point with LLC's making sure you're having all your packs and are being healthy... but I still think they shouldn't be able to force anyone. :( Surely, this is where talking comes in, not the sales pitch... lol I'm such a pessimist. :p

Maybe I was lucky with all my LLC's who were ok with me buying less sometimes. :)

I like the porridge, i try and have one of those for breakfast. I like the choc and vanilla shakes, or rather, i tolerate the choc and like the vanilla. I've only tried the chicken soup so far, that was alright. And shepherds pie, usually my 'main' meal in the evening. That's the only 'meal' option we've got though. I haven't tried any bars yet of course, I actually didn't buy any at all but I might try them in week 2. I'm always a bit dubious of 'diet bars', having tried them before on other diets, they always seem extremely tough and chewy. Maybe that's because by that point I've forgotten the motion of chewing! Have you tried the bars?

I tried the pasta carbonara and it was the best out of a bad bunch with the hot stuff! I'm sticking to the shakes for now and maybe in a few weeks I will revisit the other stuff. At least with the shakes I get through them. With the hot stuff I was having to throw half away because I couldn't even bring myself to force it down.

Libby, thanks for that at least I'm not the only one. I think ill take my spare packs with next week and just tell her I do not need the full 28 as I have enough to get me through if I buy 21. Hopefully she won't protest!

Tess

Yeah I tried the bars. The cranberry one was okay but again it was more like forcing it down rather than tolerating it. The toffee one was horrible and I threw away half and I'm not a nut lover anyway so I steered away from the nut bars.

X

Poor Tash :( You're missing the wonders of Pasta Carbonara!

By the way - try the Minestrone Soup. It has little noodles in it - makes it seem like a 'real' cup soup :)

Thank you for the luck Tess, I think it worked! Just got back, I lost...7lbs! Yay! It will spur me on until my week WI on Thursday. I asked the LLC about no carbonara etc, she said apparently all the meals/soups/shakes etc are being reformulated and she only stocks the ones that have been done so far. So hopefully some carbonara soon!

That is absolutely amazing well done you!!! Half a stone in 4 days wow! Bet you have a smile from ear to ear. Imagine how much you would have lost by the time the week is up.

Really pleased for you :)))

Tess x

Back